Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

3 minutes ago, Deadly Nightshade said:

I mean Rick's catalog is insane you can't deny that he is a really talented producer with a really successful career 

Some people apparently can deny it or someone :oopna: & I think it must be some sort of a disease ,mental illness or trolling:bebe:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

4 minutes ago, Jared said:

Jack Antonoff is a terrible producer who made Lana sound like a bored karaoke singer by surrounding her vocals in seas of cheap piano and barely audible acoustic guitars. It was Rick Nowels who added life to her music by giving it much fuller and finished-sounding production. Rick made her sound both human and elegant, something Jack Antonoff failed to do! Not surprised people in this thread appreciate this fact.

So true bestie

whatarecoloris.jpg

2 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Is it time to start guessing dates?   July 8th single? Album September?

I would love a late June/July single and some mags/hype then a September release. Maybe another single just before drop.  A quick little pleasant rollout ala Honeymoon. 

12 minutes ago, Jared said:

Rick Nowels is a terrible producer who made Lana sound like a soulless barbie by burying her vocals under layers of excessive reverb. It was Jack Antonoff who added nuance to her music by giving it much neeeded airiness. Jack made her sound both human and elegant, something all other producers failed to do! Not surprised people in this thread can't appreciate this fact.

also your comment on her past work is a tad sexist to say the least 

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

26 minutes ago, Dealer Boulevard said:

Lana is also doing really good at streaming  right now so maybe her Management would agree with a Digital release.

Also I still think it's kinda weird that they dropped BB Digital & Physicals like one or two weeks apart,  they could have waited to drop both together since there was not a long period of time between them. My inner Delulu thinks that they maybe were carefully testing out how things will play out with the dumb new billboard rule & a digital drop:creepna3:

I think it was the plan all along, for both digital and physical copies to be released the same day, but, like I said a couple of times, vinyl plants can’t supply demand. There are delays for everyone. FJM’s latest should have been out in February and got released two months later, Beach House vinyls in Europe were very rare and scarce to come by. There is some new hype around Lana on Spotify at the moment and maybe a digital release could be possible after all. 

7 minutes ago, West Coast said:

If by nuance you mean making her sing in that half-hassed/half-spoken tone and making all the instruments sound inaudible and/or tinny; giving her music that incredibly dreary and understated atmosphere, then you're 100% correct. Jack added a lot of nuance to Lana's sound. :true:

There's plenty of generic and soulless music out there... with dated vocal distortion, caked-on production and generic drum loops. You'll be fine.

5 minutes ago, Jared said:

There's plenty of generic and soulless music out there... with dated vocal distortion, caked-on production and generic drum loops. You'll be fine.

Love that for me. Thank you for not forcing your questionable music taste on me, Jack. :flutter:

I'm fully convinced that there are people who became Lana stans overnight with NFR, who disregard everything she's done prior and will do after.

An interesting POV to say the least.

When I read this morning that she started following Rick on her HM account, my mind went immediately to an announcement, where she’ll tag the producers of the song / album… (call me delulu)

So Ben went from "music in the works" to "music incoming" to "album coming soon" in just 2 weeks :thumb2:  so at least we know now that we are not getting another NFR with random singles without an album in sight a year early.

The fact that he specifically said album has to mean that it's done (so the vinyl are already being pressed as we speak or we are getting it early via digital only).

I don't think CDs and cassettes take that much time so maybe we are getting everything but the vinyl first :oic3:

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, Deadly Nightshade said:

also your comment on her past work is a tad sexist to say the least 

I don't see what's sexist about me saying Lana sounded stiff and distant when produced by Rick, Emile and other producers. I'm not saying her work was bad, just that the production was the weakest link.

27 minutes ago, Jared said:

Rick Nowels is a terrible producer who made Lana sound like a soulless barbie by burying her vocals under layers of excessive reverb. It was Jack Antonoff who added nuance to her music by giving it much neeeded airiness. Jack made her sound both human and elegant, something all other producers failed to do! Not surprised people in this thread can't appreciate this fact.

looking for clout I see

West-Coast-GIF-lana-del-rey-37051506-500

4 minutes ago, Jared said:

I don't see what's sexist about me saying Lana sounded stiff and distant when produced by Rick, Emile and other producers. I'm not saying her work was bad, just that the production was the weakest link.

Not when Born To Die,  Paradise, ULTRAVIOLENCE,  HONEYMOON , LFL exists.

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

1 minute ago, Jared said:

I'm not saying her work was bad, just that the production was the weakest link.

It's funny that you say that when it's legit become a thing/meme online where people beg their favourite artists to stop collaborating with him because he "ruins"

their music/albums.

I like that this album seems to be a bit of a melting pot of producers, because that actually brings balance and nuance. It could potentially be a bit chaotic, or lack cohesion. But to me that's better than another album where Jack is fully in charge, we've heard enough of the "Jack + Lana" sound.

Rick is a fan favourite, Jack is not.

I’m absolutely convinced we’re getting an album this year and I’m convinced it’s coming sooner than later. There is absolutely no other reason for Ben to do this, the fans weren’t even going crazy about when new music was coming

"Don’t forget me"

2 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

I’m absolutely convinced we’re getting an album this year and I’m convinced it’s coming sooner than later. There is absolutely other reason for Ben to do this, the fans weren’t even going crazy about when new music was coming

Right. And it's not like it would be for promo reasons cause I doubt anyone other than Lana fans would read Ben's IG comments :hide:

We are going to buy her albums regardless so I take Ben's words as a nice gift for us so we know it's coming :creepna:

giphy.gif

17 hours ago, Jared said:

But that wasn't exactly what you said.. You said that her previous producers made her sound like ''a soulles barbie'' 

This comment reminded me of people not trusting her vision and artistry in the start of her career because they paid more attention to her looks. Many times a woman's work is discredited due to her image and people tend to not take her artistic vision and talent seriously because they think that she is superficial. 

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying that you believe on what I stated above .. just wanted to share some of my thoughts . 

Edited by Deadly Nightshade
wrong use of a word

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

10 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

I’m absolutely convinced we’re getting an album this year and I’m convinced it’s coming sooner than later. There is absolutely other reason for Ben to do this, the fans weren’t even going crazy about when new music was coming

Same. Plus twice in 48 hours?!? I mean… 

(I’m mostly anxious to see if DragonWhore is the insider he says he is :smirk:… he did say DNC would be out in July…)