Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

7 minutes ago, Pretty On The Indide said:

I have a feeling LDR9 will have a similar energy/vibe/essense as Dealer. Like a cold bleakness.

I honestly would love it! 

Along with Dealer, that vibe makes me imagine something like Tired Of Singing The Blues (especially the wordy, angry intro). It would be a cultural reset, I fear….:ma:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

4 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

I honestly would love it! 

Along with Dealer, that vibe makes me imagine something like Tired Of Singing The Blues (especially the wordy, angry intro). It would be a cultural reset, I fear….:ma:

Also if it lead to ldr10 being a Hawaiian Tropic album….. okay this is actually what I want. I’m in.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

16 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

Why are y'all talking about a rollout. there's none

last month she started talking about the new album and now Ben has commented twice within a day that the album is incoming and coming soon, while there isn’t a rollout yet, the gears are definitely being shifted 

"Don’t forget me"

She was probably just exaggerating about the no colors and automatic singing thing. As some of you already said, she always describes her album based on the last songs she wrote for it so I expect a lot of BB/WFWF but we're definitely getting some classic Lana too in there. Just look at Text Book, the verses and lyrics are very post NFR Lana but the chorus/post chorus melody sounds straight out of BTD (minus the production of course).

I'm sure she'll say blue at least 3 or 4 times during the album :hide:

I'm also conflicted about her saying it's nothing like Honeymoon but she went from ignoring its existence to acknowledging it a lot lately :creepna: (and why was she singing GKIT in Italy in the church she filmed the UV MV? It would make more sense if she was signing the UV title track :thumb2: and Chuck was even filming it but they never posted the whole thing from her phone.

Maybe LDR9 concept is the (even more) twisted version of HM and that was for the album trailer :hype:

giphy.gif

seFYUbW.jpg

extremely bored & making shitty edits for LDR9 because I need my mental hype train to stay:eek2:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

30 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

Maybe LDR9 concept is the (even more) twisted version of HM and that was for the album trailer :hype:

Omg I would LOVE this. 

Imagine an album called…

“Til Death Do Us Part” that revisits and continues the themes of Honeymoon through a completely new perspective, and there’s a lovesick-centered track called “Death Never Came”:oic2:

Sylvia Plath 

2 hours ago, NikoGo said:

I’m absolutely convinced we’re getting an album this year and I’m convinced it’s coming sooner than later. There is absolutely no other reason for Ben to do this, the fans weren’t even going crazy about when new music was coming

Apparently Ben has been promising new Ellie Goulding music since January too. I hope this doesn’t end up being a similar situation. Although the fact that he said album and not just music gives me hope. 

Realistically, I think maybe a single could be released sometime within the next 4 months, maybe around the end of summer, and then the record to follow at most 5 months after that.

The last 4 releases with the exception of NFR all had five months between the first single and the album’s release -

Blue Banisters (May—October)

Chemtrails (October—March)

LFL (February—July)

2 hours ago, Deadly Nightshade said:

But that wasn't exactly what you said.. You said that her previous producers made her sound like ''a soulles barbie'' 

This comment reminded me of people not trusting her vision and artistry in the start of her career because they paid more attention to her looks. Many times a woman's work is discredited due to her image and people tend to not take her artistic vision and talent seriously because they think that she is superficial. 

Don't take me wrong I'm not saying that you believe on what I stated above .. just wanted to share some of my thoughts . 

I also noticed people that arent fans tend to link this with her cinematic instrumentals and her presence to say she was pretentious or a little grand. I feel people who understand more the artistic concepts under the storylines of her projects would understand the references and why there is a way deeper meaning. And i think lana knows that she gets misunderstood quite often and thats why she just does her because she knows itll reach someone out there how she intends it. Its part of being a true artist

11 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

Realistically, I think maybe a single could be released sometime within the next 4 months, maybe around the end of summer, and then the record to follow at most 5 months after that.

The last 4 releases with the exception of NFR all had five months between the first single and the album’s release -

Blue Banisters (May—October)

Chemtrails (October—March)

LFL (February—July)

Perfect for my Winter Album dreams for ldr9

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

2 hours ago, Deadly Nightshade said:

But that wasn't exactly what you said.. You said that her previous producers made her sound like ''a soulles barbie'' 

This comment reminded me of people not trusting her vision and artistry in the start of her career because they paid more attention to her looks. Many times a woman's work is discredited due to her image and people tend to not take her artistic vision and talent seriously because they think that she is superficial. 

Don't take me wrong I'm not saying that you believe on what I stated above .. just wanted to share some of my thoughts . 

This is very true--look at Marianne Faithfull and Nico at the very start of their careers---they practically had to destroy themselves to be taken seriously as artists. Joni Mitchell has commented on this, and Tori Amos has written and said a lot about it in song, book, and interview.

It seems like the only women exempt from this were those that took on a 'tough bitch' image from the very start, like Patti Smith, Chrissie Hyde, Nina Hagen, Siouxsie Sioux, Joan Jett (and the rest of the Runaways by extension), and Annie Lenox. Nico would learn to take on that image, as would Marianne Faithfull. 

Others, like Lena Lovich were so gonzo from the start, so original, that no record executive would attempt to make anything more of her than she already presented. They knew they could never fashion her into an Olivia Newton-John. 

13 minutes ago, Offtotheraces01 said:

I also noticed people that arent fans tend to link this with her cinematic instrumentals and her presence to say she was pretentious or a little grand. I feel people who understand more the artistic concepts under the storylines of her projects would understand the references and why there is a way deeper meaning. And i think lana knows that she gets misunderstood quite often and thats why she just does her because she knows itll reach someone out there how she intends it. Its part of being a true artist

I agree with you, though I always saw what she was doing with 'Cola,' 'Wait For Life,' 'Gods & Monsters,' 'Money Power Glory,' and most of 'Honeymoon,' but many people are idiots and take things at face value, and in the most superficial ways. They have extremely limited cultural contexts. 

I think that 'Violets For Roses,' 'Arcadia,' 'Not all Who Wander Are Lost,' 'White Dress,' 'Love Song,' and other recent Lana tracks are very conversational and poem-like, and could just as well be poems, like those on her 'Violets' poetry album. 

4 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

I think that 'Violets For Roses,' 'Arcadia,' 'Not all Who Wander Are Lost,' 'White Dress,' 'Love Song,' and other recent Lana tracks are very conversational and poem-like, and could just as well be poems, like those on her 'Violets' poetry album. 

love those 

48 minutes ago, LifeOnMars said:

Apparently Ben has been promising new Ellie Goulding music since January too. I hope this doesn’t end up being a similar situation. Although the fact that he said album and not just music gives me hope. 

But poor Ellie gets bullied by her label and gets her albums stopped all the time unless she gets a hit :um2:. Managers can only do so much... at the end of the day releases are dictated by labels.

Luckily Lana's only limitation is herself (and vinyl plants ofc :hide:

giphy.gif

tbh i wouldnt be surprised if there's a best of/greatest hits compilation soon. shes had a long career already with a lot of hits under her belt :trisha:

tbh i want one (if the packaging is pretty and we get exclusive-to-the-release content) :true:

Manifesting a single announcement right now with the release being next Wednesday :creepna:

I'm also manifesting the album title to be a surprise until we get the preorder. Imagine the meltdowns if we get date + name + cover(s) + tracklist at the same time :thumb2:

4 minutes ago, The Siren said:

tbh i wouldnt be surprised if there's a best of/greatest hits compilation soon. shes had a long career already with a lot of hits under her belt :trisha:

tbh i want one (if the packaging is pretty and we get exclusive-to-the-release content) :true:

We didn't even get anything for BTDs 10th anniversary :bebe: (unless they are waiting for Paradise)

giphy.gif

Just woke up and finally i have a third time vision about LDR9, so i decide to be an "insider":

Expect a lead single in July. It will be giving "camp". She will serve a series of connecting music videos for this era, with same connecting storyline in the same aesthetic/universe (just like she experimented this concept for Blue Banisters era visually).

Album in the fourth quarter of 2022 - look it up. its time for team delulu.

#keepdreaminginsiders

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing