Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

to clarify, i dont want lana to go back to the btd era sound at ALL :thumb: but i just wanna point out that her recent popularity is only really due to (mostly) old songs. so, for the most part, i don’t think its gonna affect this release. 

21 minutes ago, ShadesOfFool said:

It does say a lot that the only stuff people seem to be interested in is her older stuff :eek3:

we need that energy back clearly 

But indeed, this era would be empty without your sporadic neutral judgmental comments and I saw that on periodt 

[Hold me, love me, touch me, lanadel.gif

honey, be the first who ever did]

21 minutes ago, fine china said:

All I want are some vocals like she served on Ride, Old Money, or Buddy's Rendezvous

no yeah…. i need a whole album of buddy’s rendezvous level songs

4 hours ago, mlittle11 said:

i have to say though… i feel like “old lana” is whats getting popular right now. i dont see any songs from chemtrails or bb going viral or any recent pictures of lana being used in these trends which is unfortunate. its all about the nymphet/girly aesthetics and lana’s direction doesn’t fit into that anymore. so i wonder if her upcoming releases will be bigger in response to the virality of it all or if her core fans will make up the majority of listeners. 

No it's not about "old" or "new lana" - it's the popularity & the hype from  each era itself

BTD & NFR are 2 biggest eras from her at this point - while NFR is indeed "new Lana" it gains 1.5 Billion streams - for a 3 year-old album like NFR, it proved itself a classic in such a short period of time, thats why this era is still trending.

Chemtrails & Blue Banisters are not trending for a reason: Lana literally made these 2 eras smaller intenionally, that's why it struggled to find its way to the GP (because did see Dealer still can go viral) so the problem isnt old or new lana.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

I think trends have become more unpredictable. Kate Bush has just had a remarkable success with a song from 1985 "only" because it was used in a successful TV series. I don't think anyone would have expected this a few days before.

I also don't think trends can be forced (e.g. by Lana recording songs that are more similar to BTD or UV). It can rather lead to the opposite effect, making it seem contrived or too strained. And as fast-moving as social media has become, a song that is successful on TikTok can seem outdated again in a few years. So I wouldn't put too much weight on all that.

2 hours ago, mlittle11 said:

i have to say though… i feel like “old lana” is whats getting popular right now. i dont see any songs from chemtrails or bb going viral or any recent pictures of lana being used in these trends which is unfortunate. its all about the nymphet/girly aesthetics and lana’s direction doesn’t fit into that anymore. so i wonder if her upcoming releases will be bigger in response to the virality of it all or if her core fans will make up the majority of listeners. 

fuck what the nymphet hyper feminine coquette pinterest/tiktok fans want, it's not like lana benefits from them anyway. they don't buy anything, they only stream digitally and that doesn't do much for artists. the most they've done so far is mass buy violet because of the aesthetic, most of them wound up not liking the material and told their followers that it's not worth the money. they're chasing this unattainable aesthetic and it's so dumb, i really hope lana and team don't go down the rabbit hole of trying to please them. 

3 minutes ago, Nikkiofthelane said:

The real nikki lane is releasing an album in September so don't think we will be getting any nikki on ldr9

More good news :true:

35 minutes ago, Pat Bathing Suit said:

But indeed, this era would be empty without your sporadic neutral judgmental comments and I saw that on periodt 

:godlaugh: you know I gotta keep it real 

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

30 minutes ago, Nikkiofthelane said:

The real nikki lane is releasing an album in September so don't think we will be getting any nikki on ldr9

WE WON!!!!

FavorableDirectDodo-size_restricted.gif

DaringAdventurousKob-max-1mb.gif

59 minutes ago, mlittle11 said:

to clarify, i dont want lana to go back to the btd era sound at ALL :thumb: but i just wanna point out that her recent popularity is only really due to (mostly) old songs. so, for the most part, i don’t think its gonna affect this release. 

NFR is really popular right now. I consider that part of her newer music. If you look at her most streamed songs from a few days ago, NFR and BTD appear the most with 3 tracks each. NFR is the last album she really promoted, so I think it makes sense for her last two albums to not have as much attention. Kind of like what happened to Honeymoon.  I’m sure if she puts effort into promoting new music, it can also do well. 

Lana has quite a catalog at this point, she's done a little bit of everything and done most of it very well. She's proven to the world that she can do it all. 

I, personally, would not want her music to continue to get heavier and heavier in the 'Hope' and 'WFWF' vein, though some tracks like that, I'd welcome, if sincere.

'BBS' was so fun, and 'Arcadia' and 'COCC' were too in their own way. I wouldn't mind seeing some lighter pop material like 'Radio,' 'National Anthem,' and 'American.'

I thought Lorde did a great job of balancing the heavy and the light on 'Solar Power,' with 'Mood Ring,' 'The Path,' 'California,' and the title track. 

2 hours ago, ShadesOfFool said:

It does say a lot that the only stuff people seem to be interested in is her older stuff :eek3:

we need that energy back clearly 

I’m not on TikTok that much tbh but Tbf I’ve been seeing NFR (track), Doin Time, HIAB, and MAC trending this past year, although I’d consider NFR closer to her classic sound than COCC/BB. Interesting that most of her trending songs are like nightcore versions though :scoff:

sgopYhV.gif

Manifesting a sultry, summery single before the end of June! :party:

Hey @DragonWhore today marks 3 weeks exactly (not that I’m counting) since you said to give you a week cause you had deets and we’d be happy with your news. Don’t wanna lose faith that you’re actually reliable but I’ve seen you lurking here over the weekend so here’s the chance to give us some deets next time you’re online :brows::kiss3:

thx luv and sorry to call ya out but we would all love some news pls

Spoiler

Even if it’s all delusion :legend::legend::legend:

your vulgar darling  :blush3:

2 hours ago, Nikkiofthelane said:

ooo lana has some competition :eartha:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

55 minutes ago, Crimson and Clover said:

I’m not on TikTok that much tbh but Tbf I’ve been seeing NFR (track), Doin Time, HIAB, and MAC trending this past year, although I’d consider NFR closer to her classic sound than COCC/BB. Interesting that most of her trending songs are like nightcore versions though :scoff:

Omg I love nightcore I’m so mad no one does that anymore now it’s all slowed + reverb like fuck that 

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

The new Lana started with Norman Fucking Rockwell. Then she only released 2 small projects back to back (by small I mean literally no type of promo other than CDs and vinyls).