Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

8 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

So the interesting question is, will LDR9 start a new trilogy like NFR did or define a whole new decade like BTD? I feel there's something big in preparation. 

I hope so but by her (very brief) description it looks like it's going to be similar to BB (wordy, conversational, Drew) but she did explicitly mention an orchestra so unless it's very muffled in the background maybe we're getting the cinematic sound back.

She could just be talking about a couple of songs of course so it's all still a mystery :thumb2:

I'm excited to hear the first single cause she used to release the most "commercial" songs first but since NFR her lead (and subsequent) singles are pretty representative of the album so maybe we'll get a clue once it's out :brows:

giphy.gif

5 hours ago, Nikkiofthelane said:

The real nikki lane is releasing an album in September so don't think we will be getting any nikki on ldr9

Maybe their collabs will be on Nikki’s album?

I had another Lana dream last night. She posted the tracklist and said that the album was coming in exactly one year from today :toofunny:

The tracklist had Aviation, Get Free (Reprise) and a song called Museum Secrets LOL

14 hours ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

i think we'll get 14 tracks, no interlude, the first song will be the title of the album with a closing track that is a cover of Dream A Little Dream Of Me, the album title will be Dreams Nobody Caught and the title track will be 7 minutes. saxophones will feature on the title track

album length: 1:10:29

Album cover: Lana won't be featured for the first time on the cover, except the Target edition. The normal version will be a painting of night sky, reminiscent of Starry Night except there's a rocket with a message in the stars (like the phone number on Honeymoon) and the Target edition, she'll be pulled by Charlie on the beach in a radio flyer wagon and it'll be textless. 

digital album release: July 4

physicals: September 23

manifestingggggg

manifest this harder :trisha:

@DragonWhore time to be a real whore & do your whore power.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

19 hours ago, Brow Bone said:

when she said wordy i immediately thought of white dress, as well as wild at heart's and anybody who'd listen to mah stories babe 

but i'm hoping the next album will just ooze glamor. 

When she said wordy I thought of Blue Bannisters or Hope is a Dangerous Thing. Also hoping for a bit more glamour from this one though. The way Ben praised it twice implies that he really thinks this album is something special. I can't ever remember Ben gloating about Lana to that extent for any of her past albums.

27 minutes ago, DCooper said:

The tracklist had Aviation, Get Free (Reprise) and a song called Museum Secrets LOL

Omg like the movie Night at the Museum when they‘re alone with the dinosaurs :trisha: manifesting :trisha:

11 minutes ago, lifeisavelvetcrowbar said:

When she said wordy I thought of Blue Bannisters or Hope is a Dangerous Thing. Also hoping for a bit more glamour from this one though. The way Ben praised it twice implies that he really thinks this album is something special. I can't ever remember Ben gloating about Lana to that extent for any of her past albums.

these are the sentiments that get me further hyped :dua::omg::whine:

UV/Honeymoon

I think that the way Lana dresses during each era reflects the mood of her music. BTD she was the glamorous pop starlet constantly serving flashy looks. Paradise was the same but with a bit more of a tropical vibe. Ultraviolet she was the denim and leather rocker chick. Honeymoon she was feminine and sophisticated, old Hollywood glamour and always looking mysterious hiding behind giant sunglasses. Lust for Life she was all flower power in crochet mini dresses and 60's and 70's colors and styles. NFR she was a California beach bum in denim cutoffs and swimsuits and tshirts. Chemtrails and BB she was kind of anti-glamour, wearing flannels etc, reflecting the more folky and serious sounds. Now seeing her at the Gucci party dancing to Summertime Sadness remix, and seeing her dressing up in high fashion for her shoot for W Magazine, and reading how she is feeling like she is "allowed" to have fun with fashion again, I can tell something shifted in her mood. I think all signs point to a more high glamour, cinematic, dramatic, fun and maximalist album.

2 minutes ago, lifeisavelvetcrowbar said:

I think that the way Lana dresses during each era reflects the mood of her music. BTD she was the glamorous pop starlet constantly serving flashy looks. Paradise was the same but with a bit more of a tropical vibe. Ultraviolet she was the denim and leather rocker chick. Honeymoon she was feminine and sophisticated, old Hollywood glamour and always looking mysterious hiding behind giant sunglasses. Lust for Life she was all flower power in crochet mini dresses and 60's and 70's colors and styles. NFR she was a California beach bum in denim cutoffs and swimsuits and tshirts. Chemtrails and BB she was kind of anti-glamour, wearing flannels etc, reflecting the more folky and serious sounds. Now seeing her at the Gucci party dancing to Summertime Sadness remix, and seeing her dressing up in high fashion for her shoot for W Magazine, and reading how she is feeling like she is "allowed" to have fun with fashion again, I can tell something shifted in her mood. I think all signs point to a more high glamour, cinematic, dramatic, fun and maximalist album.

u sound like me manifesting that id turn into a mermaid when i touch water when i was 8 years old.. wbk we aren't getting a maximalist album from flannel del rey come on now 

1 minute ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

u sound like me manifesting that id turn into a mermaid when i touch water when i was 8 years old.. wbk we aren't getting a maximalist album from flannel del rey come on now 

Maybe not as full out pop maximalism as some of the songs on BTD, but I'm thinking she'll meet somewhere in the middle. The lyricism and maturity of her new work, with the cinematic grandiosity of her old work. She did say that there will be full orchestras on this one. And the way she's dressing now, she just gives the feeling like she's ready to have fun again and do something big. You don't have to agree with me, but I can just feel it.

She can release whatever she wants, even though my wish would be for bigger songs this time around. If there are summery songs in the mix, I want them this summer but if there aren’t, I can wait a bit longer.

(watch me do a 180 degree turn tomorrow :omfg2:)

28 minutes ago, lifeisavelvetcrowbar said:

i like to think about how she's dressing & her hair and makeup when she's actually making the album – aka. usually what she looks like on tour. many outfits, especially the later ones, of the paradise tour really embody ultraviolence to me. the eye makeup also became the classic uv smoky eye. the outfits for the endless summer tour scream honeymoon glamour and class, especially with the long hair and big curls and soft, simpler makeup. the 2016 festival tour outfits remind me of lfl with the flowers and birds in her hair and loose sundresses and the moon belt etc etc. some of the lfl and post-lfl outfits remind me of the LA summertime thing nfr had going on. nfr tour outfits absolutely SCREAM chemtrails to me - folky, lacy dresses, some long, with cowboy booties and leather and midwestern aesthetics. 

since she hasn't toured in a while it's a bit hard to tell, but thinking about her outfits a few months ago, i remember them being sort of soft and warm and flowery (but also cleavage and fun outfits and more interesting choices outside of just jeans and a t-shirt) so that's what i'm thinking this album will be if she made it then. 

also because of album releases right after each other it's a little hard to tell when she even could've been making this album (or if she's STILL making it. which is what i think). but if anyone has any ideas then the clothes around that time might give some sort of idea 

Spoiler

this also posted WITHOUT MY CONSENT..... i hate my computer i was gonna delete this whole post anyways.. but here we are

sUcVobB.png

7 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

i like to think about how she's dressing & her hair and makeup when she's actually making the album – aka. usually what she looks like on tour. many outfits, especially the later ones, of the paradise tour really embody ultraviolence to me. the eye makeup also became the classic uv smoky eye. the outfits for the endless summer tour scream honeymoon glamour and class, especially with the long hair and big curls and soft, simpler makeup. the 2016 festival tour outfits remind me of lfl with the flowers and birds in her hair and loose sundresses and the moon belt etc etc. some of the lfl and post-lfl outfits remind me of the LA summertime thing nfr had going on. nfr tour outfits absolutely SCREAM chemtrails to me - folky, lacy dresses, some long, with cowboy booties and leather and midwestern aesthetics. 

since she hasn't toured in a while it's a bit hard to tell, but thinking about her outfits a few months ago, i remember them being sort of soft and warm and flowery (but also cleavage and fun outfits and more interesting choices outside of just jeans and a t-shirt) so that's what i'm thinking this album will be if she made it then. 

also because of album releases right after each other it's a little hard to tell when she even could've been making this album. but if anyone has any ideas then the clothes around that time might give some sort of idea 

Hide contents

this also posted WITHOUT MY CONSENT..... i hate my computer i was gonna delete this whole post anyways.. but here we are

she probably had more to say han she realized when BB was in the mixing phase, probably had some left over from BB and Chemtrails or she shelved those to be reworked, but it seems like she's writing new stuff now, based off of what we know from Jack and Rob. since she's already been teasing new music right after dropping BB and saying she was working on new stuff, album is better than BB, that one guy she posted that was doing stuff idk what but he was doing stuff lol, it's like she's moved onto the next album after she finished BB but before it came out. and then we can assume she'll stick an extra unreleased song or two on it somewhere, so then there's that too. i would say she probably worked on it july till march of this year, considering the timelines. if the interview for W Mag was done around March or April when the photo shoot was taken, then we know at that point she had a majority of the album done because she called it an album by the.  but we don't have a name yet bc she doesn't have one, so i guess she's trying to figure out the tracklist now, so we're where we were at last year when july 4 came and went without any signs of rock candy sweet and BOZ told us she kept changing the track list. the only difference was we got a triple release of singles then, now we're kinda... hearing nothing so far

its interesting, i just noticed she hid a lot of posts from 2019- October 2021, when BB came out. 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole