Jump to content
Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

He does really love pop but when it comes to Lana, he stans her early stuff, the « sadcore » Lana (he loved WCE, which was that). I don’t remember if he loved NFR, but my guess is that the album sounds very « sad » in the lyrics. But let’s not forget he also loves Caroline, who is not pop…

Manifesting :agree:


http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

He does really love pop but when it comes to Lana, he stans her early stuff, the « sadcore » Lana (he loved WCE, which was that). I don’t remember if he loved NFR, but my guess is that the album sounds very « sad » in the lyrics. But let’s not forget he also loves Caroline, who is not pop…

 

Based on what his friend said on Twitter I'm also expecting a sad album :agree:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Usually, I'm not one to "move" too much over insider tea especially since a lot of it is subjective based on the insider's personal tastes, but I feel like BOZ saying it's a "really great record" and that it is "[better] by a landslide" than Chemtrails & Blue Banisters which weren't necessarily fan-favourites is a good sign that this record will be really well received by both fans and the general public. Overall, BOZ isn't the biggest Lana fan, so I feel like him actually really liking the record means it's going to be something really incredible.

I personally really love both Chemtrails & Blue Banisters, with both being my Top 2 Lana records played of 2022 respectively, but I know the GP didn't care for them as much. If someone like BOZ who isn't a huge Lana fan speaks highly of the album, then this raises even my own hopes/expectations quite a bit x

 

12 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

He does really love pop but when it comes to Lana, he stans her early stuff, the « sadcore » Lana (he loved WCE, which was that). I don’t remember if he loved NFR, but my guess is that the album sounds very « sad » in the lyrics. But let’s not forget he also loves Caroline, who is not pop…

The other night I had a dream that I've forgotten most of by now, but I remember there was some sort of hint made by Lana that lead fans to believe this record was going to be a return to her earlier records sonically, so BTD/P/UV/HM. I know that each of her records have been distinct and different from the last, so no true ___ 2.0 seems feasible, but I wouldn't be too surprised if certain sonic elements from her previous records made an appearance on the new one given BOZ's likeness of the record aligned with what he typically likes from her x


49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just want to sleep and wake up to the announcement!!! how good it is to feel this anxiety again I missed it so much :trisha: 


vAGjeRT.jpg  12XP3Fn.jpg  CMlHLdt.jpg 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Elle said:

Usually, I'm not one to "move" too much over insider tea especially since a lot of it is subjective based on the insider's personal tastes, but I feel like BOZ saying it's a "really great record" and that it is "[better] by a landslide" than Chemtrails & Blue Banisters which weren't necessarily fan-favourites is a good sign that this record will be really well received by both fans and the general public. Overall, BOZ isn't the biggest Lana fan, so I feel like him actually really liking the record means it's going to be something really incredible.

I personally really love both Chemtrails & Blue Banisters, with both being my Top 2 Lana records played of 2022 respectively, but I know the GP didn't care for them as much. If someone like BOZ speaks highly of the album, then this raises even my own hopes/expectations quite a bit x

 

I personally am not a fan of NFR but it was praised by critics and casual listeners so I hope it's not gonna be a palatable album for these groups again.


subversive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont know why, at the moment, I feel like this about this album, but Eclipse had an interesting review of Taylor’s Midnights, where he said she integrated and polished all of her pop albums and turned their best elements into midnights. I think this could be the same for Lana’s: elements from UV, HM, NFR, BB and Violet while still being own and unique way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BlueINK said:

What is his taste though? I couldn't find anything on his twitter :crossed:

He bought Winona Oak’s Closure and Holly Macve’s Not The Girl vinyls (idk who they are). He also liked the new Weyes Blood record

 

he’s hot


http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, BlueINK said:

I personally am not a fan of NFR but it was praised by critics and casual listeners so I hope it's not gonna be a palatable album for these groups again.

The thing about NFR and I think why it appealed to the GP so much (who tend to like her earlier works BTD & UV) is that it had certain elements of these records with a modern-Lana flair. Like, I could easily see songs like MAC, California, and The Greatest fitting on UV with a Dan Auerbach production. Same for songs like Cinnamon Girl, Doin’ Time, and HIAB, those could fit on BTD with an Emile Hayne production. Then songs like Bartender, NFR, and HIADT are more align with her current records. I think NFR had a proper mix of her old and current sound, which made it likable to both casual listeners and huge fans. There was a little bit of everything and something for everyone. I can see the same thing happening with LDR9 - revisiting her prior records in certain elements while delivering a more current Lana sound that we’ve seen in her recent records. A little blend of everything that can appeal to everyone. Again, I don’t want to speak too soon especially after just one’s person opinion, but I do feel that a stamp of approval from someone who isn’t the biggest Lana fan is a really good sign all around x

 

 

13 minutes ago, EndlessSummer said:


interesting

Okay I saw this right after I made the first portion of this post, but this is exactly what I mean. I feel like this record will offer a good variety of sounds that can appeal to everyone, both casual listeners & big fans x


49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today marks a year since the DNC jacket :eartha: I can't help but feel like we're never going to find out what it means


                                                                 imageproxy.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BlueINK said:

What is his taste though? I couldn't find anything on his twitter :crossed:

What I remember was mostly spilled about his tastes during Bb era was said on ATRL; he loves « sadcore Lana », from what I gathered : Fine China was his fave from the initial BB tracklist, he likes wCE… He also loved the rework on Thunder, so I guess more produced tracks? (this is interpretation though)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OscarScheller said:

bye

 

 

 

47 minutes ago, EndlessSummer said:

 

 

16 minutes ago, EndlessSummer said:


interesting

Her magnum opussy re-peak mainstream alternative indie critical darling commercial success awards magnet chart topper is here :oprah4:.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Elle said:

The thing about NFR and I think why it appealed to the GP so much (who tend to like her earlier works BTD & UV) is that it had certain elements of these records with a modern-Lana flair. Like, I could easily see songs like MAC, California, and The Greatest fitting on UV with a Dan Auerbach production. Same for songs like Cinnamon Girl, Doin’ Time, and HIAB, those could fit on BTD with a Emile Hayne production. I think NFR had a proper mix of her old and current sound, which made it likable to casual listeners and huge fans. There was a little bit of everything and something for everyone. I can see the same thing happening with LDR9 - revisiting her prior records in certain elements while delivering a more current Lana sound that we’ve seen in her recent records. A little blend of everything that can appeal to everyone. Again, I don’t want to speak too soon especially after just one’s person opinion, but I do feel that a stamp of approval from someone who isn’t the biggest Lana fan is a really good sign all around x

Oh the songs on NFR are mostly good, some very good. For me it's really the production that's throwing me off, and tbh the sudden praise by everyone who felt completely fine hating on her from 2011-15 annoyed me too. It seemed so hypocritical. So I have to admit, poor NFR partly earned my dislike because of the people who suddenly liked it/Lana, like after HM it literally became fashionable to love her until QFTC.

 

I'd just like a lush production and some sort of cohesiveness. So excited for the tracklist reveal, the best part of a pre-realease era imo.


subversive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...