Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

The most interesting tweet from BoZ/Eclipse, to me, is when he said there's something for everyone in its variety, but it's nothing like Lust for Life

That has me super intrigued now

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

while every lana album is very different to me, they also all feel like a natural progression from the previous one and reminiscent of the album that came before it. because of that, i’ve been expecting LDR9 to be a more refined and intentional Blue Banisters (which felt very unrealized to me but still had a lot of potential); more horns, more strings, more heavy percussion, more of the weird time signature and tempo changes like in Black Bathing Suit and Text Book. i’ve been expecting almost a more orchestral/less bare take on Fetch the Bolt Cutters honestly, that’s what naturally feels next for her. i’m so excited 

im really interested in how lana can do something “unlike anything we’ve heard before”, because i do feel like she has explored and dipped her toes in every art pop sound besides like electronic which i do not think is happening lol

1 hour ago, OscarScheller said:

bye

its all gonna happen

gret-gretchen-greti-gretin-touched-gif-7

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

2 minutes ago, 111 said:

All you have to do is listen to her words and watch who she is dating to understand the vibe you'll get. 

She was unhappy with Chemtrails, she wanted to get it out asap and move onto Rock Candy Sweet (lol)/BB. She was unhappy because she felt like she couldn't say what she wanted to say about her family and she also felt like the production was too "Jacky" (sparse, letting the vocals and lyrics breathe while the production is as restrained as possible). That's not to say she doesn't like working with Jack, but during that period she was feeling rage and confronting her generational trauma after Sean. That's why she sought out different producers to give her moments like the ending of Black Bathing Suit or the drums on Wildflower Wildfire - angry, noisy, expressing her rage. That album was about her history, hence the lack of promo and the feeling of it being mixtape-y. Now that she got that out of her system and hopefully worked through some of her grief with her mother, comes the acceptance and grace as well as making it feel more like a proper rollout and era. She referenced Swan Song out of nowhere recently, a song about acceptance in some ways and moving on. She's also majorly influenced by the men she is dating due to her codependency: Francesco gave us beautiful Italian influenced vibes on Honeymoon, Berry gave us indie-rock vibes, G-Eazy gave us trap shit, Sean (and Nikki Flop) gave us midwest folk vibes, now I don't know much about Jack's music or personality but I see a lot of confidence, experimentation and a bit of witchy coven like vibes through the Neil flowers and W Magazine shoot. Flipping the narrative of her trauma of being the survivor of a cult and becoming a coven leader after processing her generational trauma? We'll see. :oprah:

I have no idea what any of this means, but thanks for the info king!

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just now, your dealer said:

:oprah:Is 8:25 am on the east coast here. A SUNDAY. Haven’t even made coffee and the insiders are SPILLING :oprah::oprah:

Right I just got out of bed and see all this :krylie:

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

6 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

variety... nothing like we heard before... yep that's the lana we all love and wanted back. personally I'm proud of being fan of someone who doesn't stick to the same thing forever. someone who had the courage to pull an ultraviolence after a sound like BTD

queen mother is gonna scalp us alive!!! wig-snatch-pageant.gif

Period. Like she is a true trendsetter/trailblazer. Multiple albums that really shifted and shaped what pop music is today. Then not too mention her fucking work ethic and drive. An album a year almost! Like her contemporaries fucking wish. So prolific and always quality, we all may have our likes and dislikes but you cannot say the bad she puts out is same level as others. Especially when reviewing how vast her catalog is. We are def in for another fucking LDR classic/turning point! Let's go!

7 minutes ago, 111 said:

All you have to do is listen to her words and watch who she is dating to understand the vibe you'll get. 

She was unhappy with Chemtrails, she wanted to get it out asap and move onto Rock Candy Sweet (lol)/BB. She was unhappy because she felt like she couldn't say what she wanted to say about her family and she also felt like the production was too "Jacky" (sparse, letting the vocals and lyrics breathe while the production is as restrained as possible). That's not to say she doesn't like working with Jack, but during that period she was feeling rage and confronting her generational trauma after Sean. That's why she sought out different producers to give her moments like the ending of Black Bathing Suit or the drums on Wildflower Wildfire - angry, noisy, expressing her rage. That album was about her history, hence the lack of promo and the feeling of it being mixtape-y. Now that she got that out of her system and hopefully worked through some of her grief with her mother, comes the acceptance and grace as well as making it feel more like a proper rollout and era. She referenced Swan Song out of nowhere recently, a song about acceptance in some ways and moving on. She's also majorly influenced by the men she is dating due to her codependency: Francesco gave us beautiful Italian influenced vibes on Honeymoon, Berry gave us indie-rock vibes, G-Eazy gave us trap shit, Sean (and Nikki Flop) gave us midwest folk vibes, now I don't know much about Jack's music or personality but I see a lot of confidence, experimentation and a bit of witchy coven like vibes through the Neil flowers and W Magazine shoot. Flipping the narrative of her trauma of being the survivor of a cult and becoming a coven leader after processing her generational trauma? We'll see. :oprah:

You worded that perfectly. 

Lana-del-rey-happy GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚒 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐

10 minutes ago, 111 said:

coven leader? Omg that sounds amazing. I expect  this to be some kind of tease and not speculating 

0YnL0Kf.gif

4 minutes ago, 111 said:

LDR feat SALEM is coming r73ra6j.gif

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

Finally getting our witchy era :oprah4:

6 minutes ago, 111 said:

All you have to do is listen to her words and watch who she is dating to understand the vibe you'll get, […] now I don't know much about Jack's music or personality but I see a lot of confidence, experimentation and a bit of witchy coven like vibes through the Neil flowers and W Magazine shoot. Flipping the narrative of her trauma of being the survivor of a cult and becoming a coven leader after processing her generational trauma?

Jack Donoghue is that underground artist who’s got this band that has been apparently quite influential for more than a decade, along with Bladee and all, he comes from the south of the US and his music is electronic? alt? experimental? I know ethel cain has been following him for a while and he’s a friend of Julia Fox. Idk I’ve yet to dive into his work but I’m hoping lana experimented on this one too. 

The witchy vibes we have always wanted?

Lana-del-rey-happy GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚒 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐