Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

6 hours ago, brandon said:

Oh i love that

she said it’s MY day

vloletsforoses-shut-up-its-my-day.gif

this reminds me of teases by insiders (whether true or not) about High By the Beach, which has a spoken portion at the end that discusses rebirth through an act of revenge:

Anyone can start again

Not through love, but through revenge

Through the fire, we're born again

Peace by vengeance, brings the end

LDR9 seems to be Lana's reawakening, and I bet she'll lean heavily into a revenge narrative on the record default_xufTV.gif

6 hours ago, Honeyyoung said:

i listed to honeymoon again and oh my god... people talk about the freak→art deco transition but the entire album just seamlessly flows so well! i hope we get that on this one as well

Thissss, I’ve missed this! This is what I want for this album. Hearing Best American record on NFR! reworked lyrically (while keeping the reverb of her singing “fame”...!) never worked for me, I always, always skip it. Which is kinda sad, because I loved the leaked version, but the song just sounds SO much like it’d fit on LFL and not on Norman.

Similarly for Banisters, some of the older songs are good, but Nectar of the Gods just sounds... different. Like her voice is what it used to be, not what it sounds like now, if you get what I mean. Both versions of Thunder sound like they’d fit on the album though.

I wouldn’t mind if she decides to put older songs on the album, but they have to feel like they fit on the album, sonically at least. Her first three albums (and Paradise) do that flawlessly.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

7 minutes ago, honey dew said:

Even if the website went from black to very dark grey there would be 100 new pages

Nah, I didn’t mean that, I just wondered if it had been updated, I was too busy this weekend to check it out myself or read this thread. :wub:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

2 minutes ago, Beautiful Loser said:

Nah, I didn’t mean that, I just wondered if it had been updated, I was too busy this weekend to check it out myself or read this thread. :wub:

I don't think so but we should actually get the coding girls to check on that. Calling all coding girls

18 minutes ago, Beautiful Loser said:

There seem to be a lot of changes in the background, but not visible (yet):

https://web.archive.org/web/*/lanadelrey.com* (URLs and sort by "To")