Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

3 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

This is the first album where im not really that excited 

Me neither, but we probably will be when some hard, definite news drops. 

1 minute ago, Vertimus said:

Me neither, but we probably will be when some hard, definite news drops. 

I just know the rollout is going to be a mess as usual, i have a feeling the album isn't done and ben is just teasing the upcoming single 

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

8 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

I just know the rollout is going to be a mess as usual, i have a feeling the album isn't done and ben is just teasing the upcoming single 

if anything, the mystery of this era is shaping up to be a much cleaner rollout. no leaking, no snippets, no fake dates, no fake titles, etc… i think we finally have a chance at a more normal rollout. 

1 hour ago, BartenderDeco said:

i’m only really going to believe any info i see from boz or eclipse (hint hint spill something)

ill take all the others with a grain of salt

be careful……. never forget february 26th inkivyblue-lana-del-rey.gif

Spoiler

94mIIQT.jpg

sUcVobB.png

32 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

Me neitherrr ugh I hate it.

But I stopped being excited for any new stuff after NFR. Or during NFR tbh because it was such a mess that my ability to get excited simply died or something...

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

35 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

i feel you, hard to get excited over another snoozefest album made by either jack, the bb guy or her senile dad… or all 3 together :air2:

2 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

her senile dad :air2:

:eartha: 

6 minutes ago, BlueINK said:

Me neitherrr ugh I hate it.

But I stopped being excited for any new stuff after NFR. Or during NFR tbh because it was such a mess that my ability to get excited simply died or something...

Yeah chemtrails is really not her best work. I still forget it even exists. it feels like she just quickly threw a bunch of songs together because she had accidentally announced an album and needed to pull through... it lacks a concept 

i haven't been genuinly excited for a new album since nfr either 

i think we need an upbeat song from her as the lead single to jolt as back into the hype, or something artistic and weird similar to venice bitch at least

i love love love sad mopey music but i think what we need is just something that slaps 

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

who lana definitely needs to bring out again is the nexus. they gave us national anthem, prom song (gone wrong), driving in cars with boys, she’s not me… all classics in the book. POP LANA WILL COME TO REIGN :true:

20 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

:eartha: 

Yeah chemtrails is really not her best work. I still forget it even exists. it feels like she just quickly threw a bunch of songs together because she had accidentally announced an album and needed to pull through... it lacks a concept 

i haven't been genuinly excited for a new album since nfr either 

i think we need an upbeat song from her as the lead single to jolt as back into the hype, or something artistic and weird similar to venice bitch at least

i love love love sad mopey music but i think what we need is just something that slaps 

This is exactly how I felt about Blue Banisters. It feels like she had a few new songs she wanted to get out, so she announced a random release date for an album. Then she realized she didn’t have enough songs for a full album and went on YouTube to rip some unreleased songs from there. Chemtrails also felt a little rushed, but it had a more clear concept in my opinion. It at least had more songs intended for that specific album on there. 

I thought about what Lana said about sending Drew her voice memos and having him chart music over it, and it reminded me of how Violet’s tracks are her voice memos too. The Land of 1000 Fires with its cinematic instrumental and low-fi vocal treatment really makes for an interesting sonic atmosphere, so I’d love for this record to be in the vein of Violet. It would be such an experimental, cinematic, avant garde, psychjazz masterpiece :smile:

2 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I thought about what Lana said about sending Drew her voice memos and having him chart music over it, and it reminded me of how Violet’s tracks are her voice memos too. The Land of 1000 Fires with its cinematic instrumental and low-fi vocal treatment really makes for an interesting sonic atmosphere, so I’d love for this record to be in the vein of Violet. It would be such an experimental, cinematic, avant garde, psychjazz masterpiece :smile:

Now this is a manifestation that I stand behind! An album in the vein of Violet's sound would be sooo stunning. It's such a unique journey and then Bare Feet on Linoleum completely shakes me to my core, I would love to see her head further down that path.

11 minutes ago, DCooper said:

Manifesting that Lana never listens to some of these manifestations :um2:

I will manifest my ideas until they happen.

giphy.gif