Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

11 minutes ago, DCooper said:

Manifesting that Lana never listens to some of these manifestations :um2:

I will manifest my ideas until they happen.

giphy.gif

31 minutes ago, DCooper said:

Manifesting that Lana never listens to some of these manifestations :um2:

how dare u we shan't be silenced manifesting EVEN MORE NOW TKcJC9P.gif u can thank me n the manifest'rs later TKcJC9P.gif

3 hours ago, IanadeIrey said:

I thought about what Lana said about sending Drew her voice memos and having him chart music over it, and it reminded me of how Violet’s tracks are her voice memos too. The Land of 1000 Fires with its cinematic instrumental and low-fi vocal treatment really makes for an interesting sonic atmosphere, so I’d love for this record to be in the vein of Violet. It would be such an experimental, cinematic, avant garde, psychjazz masterpiece :smile:

And Lana’s recent IG video about Violets being her favourite album solidifies this. I don’t think it’s unrelated at all. 

Rob mentioning that it’s an “epic project” is interesting as well. Has Lana ever been so secretive about an album while people close to her (her dad, her managers etc.) keep hyping it? 

49 minutes ago, baddisease said:

Lana needs to work with Melanie and Billie. Imagine a song with all three of em on a track.

who is melanie i know billie but don't know the other

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

3 minutes ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

who is melanie i know billie but don't know the other

Melanie Martinez. The girl in my siggy.

giphy.gif

I just asked the Biergarten bartender who asked his boss who called her mom’s nephew’s hairdresser’s underwear fitter and the album lead single is coming in exactly three weeks for the 4th of July holiday and it’s called Shades of Jennifer Coolidge :hide:

D20-B40-C9-93-FE-4-F43-AD1-B-67-D87-A71-

1 hour ago, baddisease said:

why? they're mad talented!

So were Ari & Miley

The fact that they're talent does not mean they are suitable to be in one song, sometimes it causes a disastrous mess when u put too many talented people in one track. (Yes, i am talking about DCMA)

They are meant to be shining alone.

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Dance me all around the moon

Light me up like the Fourth of July

26 minutes ago, Brow Bone said:

what was the gkit video recording for I've been hoping for a documentary/ performance compilation film for a while now that'd be amazing 

It must be for something. Chuck was recording it but as far as I know neither her or Lana posted it from their pov (only the other fan who was a bit further away that also recorded it).

If I'm delusional it's for the album trailer.

If I'm not delusional it was probably a random video she wanted but didn't post cause she didn't like enough for some reason (even though she was killing the vocals)

giphy.gif

37 minutes ago, Brow Bone said:

what was the gkit video recording for I've been hoping for a documentary/ performance compilation film for a while now that'd be amazing 

what video omg

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Dance me all around the moon

Light me up like the Fourth of July

6 hours ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

:eartha: 

Yeah chemtrails is really not her best work. I still forget it even exists. it feels like she just quickly threw a bunch of songs together because she had accidentally announced an album and needed to pull through... it lacks a concept 

i haven't been genuinly excited for a new album since nfr either 

i think we need an upbeat song from her as the lead single to jolt as back into the hype, or something artistic and weird similar to venice bitch at least

i love love love sad mopey music but i think what we need is just something that slaps 

I think the new album's content will depend on whether she's still 'telling her story' to the world, or whether she's focused externally on making music for a public. 

If the former, then I expect more piano ballads and songs like 'TB' and 'WFWF,' but if she's looking outward and thinking of the public, then we may get something loud, playful, and exciting like 'Meet Me in the Pale Moonlight' or 'Serene Queen.' I'd love for Lana do something light and playful again. 

I remember reading long ago that the early Hollywood stars were thought of as either 'Inward Gazing,' like Greta Garbo, or 'Outward Looking,' like Katherine Hepburn.  

Lana has definitely been 'inward gazing' at least since Honeymoon. 

5 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

I think the new album's content will depend on whether she's still 'telling her story' to the world, or whether she's focused externally on making music for a public. 

If the former, then I expect more piano ballads and songs like 'TB' and 'WFWF,' but if she's looking outward and thinking of the public, then we may get something loud, playful, and exciting like 'Meet Me in the Pale Moonlight' or 'Serene Queen.' I'd love for Lana do something light and playful again. 

I'd prefer the latter, at this point. 

I remember reading long ago that the early Hollywood stars were thought of as either 'Inward Gazing,' like Greta Garbo, or 'Outward Looking,' like Katherine Hepburn.  

Lana has definitely been 'inward gazing' at least since Honeymoon. 

the one lyric we have so far “ When I look back tracing fingertips over plastic bags I think I wish I could extrapolate some small intention or maybe get your attention for a minute or two” doesn’t seem loud, playful, or necessarily exciting :bebe:

I really think this album is going to double down on the diarist songwriting approach that she’s been using lately. That said, I really don’t see the songs being like TB, BB, or WW in a ‘telling my story’ sense, either. She said she’s angry, and I think she’s going to touch more on that. 

1 hour ago, Brow Bone said:

On 4/2/2022 at 11:24 PM, Venice Peach said:

In the IG live she did after BB release she mentioned wanting to do an album trailer with Rich Lee but she worded it so weirdly. She said something like "I want to make an album trailer of album trailers I did" or something like that :thumb3: I have to rewatch the live to hear the quote but if was weird

:dua: