idk what the hell it means but im living. I cannot seem to even put these lyrics to a melody in my head but I know she will serve a beautiful one

interesting how she seems to be writing really differently from even Norman? I enjoy her being super creative and obscure with the poetry tbh, I'm just hoping the production is a little more clean and solid than on BB to balance out some of that complexity in the lyricism.

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

41 minutes ago, JFKs Fine China said:

Probably a complete reach but my first thought was of her in her teens running her fingers over bags of drugs? Don’t drag me, I’m no lyrical mastermind, it’s just where my mind first went :toofloppy:

Actually this is the only thing that makes sense in Lana's context.

Spoiler

Do you ever feel like a plastic bag???

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

1 hour ago, JFKs Fine China said:

Probably a complete reach but my first thought was of her in her teens running her fingers over bags of drugs? Don’t drag me, I’m no lyrical mastermind, it’s just where my mind first went :toofloppy:

1 hour ago, drugmunny said:

idk what the hell it means but im living. I cannot seem to even put these lyrics to a melody in my head but I know she will serve a beautiful one

interesting how she seems to be writing really differently from even Norman? I enjoy her being super creative and obscure with the poetry tbh, I'm just hoping the production is a little more clean and solid than on BB to balance out some of that complexity in the lyricism.

3 hours ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

don't understand a word of it and it's kinda insane, i love it :wowcry: 

The way I interpreted it was Lana being lost in thought while doing something mundane, like having come home from grocery shopping, absentmindedly running her fingers over the plastic grocery bags while she thinks about someone from her past. It seems like she's rerunning moments/experiences between them and is desperately trying to find some hidden meaning behind why they did the things they did. It sounds like she was neglected/ignored by this person and was vying for their attention, and is desperately trying to deduce whether their actions were silent messages to her.

dunno if it's right or not, but that's my take. what do y'all think

the plastic bag lyric out of context like that is so bad and i hate it with every bone in my body. i can't even begin to think about how she's gonna make it work in context, but if i could, it's gonna have to give a bare feet on linoleum's normality meets sylvia plath's 'bright hair, shoe-black, old plastic, is my life so intriguing?' sort of thing, otherwise she can keep it 

1 hour ago, House of Balloons said:

the plastic bag lyric out of context like that is so bad and i hate it with every bone in my body. i can't even begin to think about how she's gonna make it work in context, but if i could, it's gonna have to give a bare feet on linoleum's normality meets sylvia plath's 'bright hair, shoe-black, old plastic, is my life so intriguing?' sort of thing, otherwise she can keep it 

if she's doing more automatic songwriting on this album i think we should all prepare for many more random lyrics like this personally I cant wait and i hope she channels some gay slurs

8 minutes ago, revadece said:

not any mentions of picasso? i guess we won:sluttybunny:

When I look back

Tracing fingertips over plastic bags

I think I wish I could extrapolate some small intention

Or maybe get your attention

For a minute or two

Just like picasso when he painted the mona lisa

He gave her all the attention she wanted

You will see me happy when I am sad

Because nobody asked picasso not to be sad

47 minutes ago, BartenderDeco said:

can someone analyse those lyrics cause i have no idea what they mean

Aight.

First we must ask ourselves what could be in the plastic bags to find the context. We must consider that the plastic bags must be of a size that one could feasibly run one's fingertips (plural) over. Therefore they are likely to be large plastic bags, which eliminates most drug bags (which are small so they can be easily carried on one's person) with the exception of cocaine bricks. 

Furthermore, the bags would be easier to run one's fingertips over if they were horizontal, which eliminates grocery bags which tend to take on a vertical trajectory owing to the groceries inside. 

In conclusion, there is a large amount of cocaine OR bodies (OR both) in the bags. 

And she wishes she could "extrapolate" some small intention

Or get [their] attention

And because she's talking about a PERSON we can eliminate the cocaine bricks and conclude that these are body bags 

And she can't get their attention because they dead

You're welcome

:agree:

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

2 hours ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

Aight.

First we must ask ourselves what could be in the plastic bags to find the context. We must consider that the plastic bags must be of a size that one could feasibly run one's fingertips (plural) over. Therefore they are likely to be large plastic bags, which eliminates most drug bags (which are small so they can be easily carried on one's person) with the exception of cocaine bricks. 

Furthermore, the bags would be easier to run one's fingertips over if they were horizontal, which eliminates grocery bags which tend to take on a vertical trajectory owing to the groceries inside. 

In conclusion, there is a large amount of cocaine OR bodies (OR both) in the bags. 

And she wishes she could "extrapolate" some small intention

Or get [their] attention

And because she's talking about a PERSON we can eliminate the cocaine bricks and conclude that these are body bags 

And she can't get their attention because they dead

You're welcome

:agree:

It could very well be referring to body bags in the sense that she is reminiscing over the "remains" of the relationships that are over. Trying to invoke the "chemistry (that) never dies" by running her fingers on the souvenirs and memories of them.