22 hours ago, yourboy said:

This is an interesting read. Any thought about this theory about Fingertips being the continuation of Drive By?

Who could Aaron Greene be.. The one who died from an automobile accident? Or the one sentenced to death row according to Drive By? This is very confusing..

There's a lot of this thread that's incorrect.

22 hours ago, yourboy said:

This is an interesting read. Any thought about this theory about Fingertips being the continuation of Drive By?

Who could Aaron Greene be.. The one who died from an automobile accident? Or the one sentenced to death row according to Drive By? This is very confusing..

the mention of a drive-by feels intentional as it's a really specific thing that she's only mentioned once before, so i think there is a cross-reference there...

but their analysis of why aaron greene is k doesn't really make sense – i believe aaron greene actually passed away after (2007) she made songs for sirens (2005-2006)

sUcVobB.png

8 hours ago, honeybadger said:

the mention of a drive-by feels intentional as it's a really specific thing that she's only mentioned once before, so i think there is a cross-reference there...

but their analysis of why aaron greene is k doesn't really make sense – i believe aaron greene actually passed away after (2007) she made songs for sirens (2005-2006)

Yeah many things seem to be wrong in the thread, aaron is defo not k.. I wonder if there's anyone knowledgeable enough to write a real informative analysis of the song.

It’s crazy how she has a whole story here, it’s like a diary without context. I wonder what happened with Dave and Aaron. Also, I wonder about her backstory of being sent to boarding school by her mother. Seems like her mom did a lot to spite and shame her. Hope to hear her full story someday.

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

4 minutes ago, kristinaj said:

So I wonder if what's she's trying to say is... She got pregnant at 15, was forced to have an abortion, tried to commit suicide and then she was sent away to a boarding school.. :sadcore3:

this. Let’s use our heads, babes, sometimes her songs are a lot more straightforward than we realise bc we’re so used to analysing. Plus it’s not like she hasn’t touched on this subject before

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

the "aarons dead and not me" line hit very hard for me on my latest listen.. it sounds like its a statement directly to her mom. maybe my edibles just hitting.

On 3/24/2023 at 11:29 AM, DrunkBeautyQueen said:

With the drive-by lyric,

Hide contents

Is it referring to her being r*ped or her trying to commit suicide? I've seen both interpretations but I'm really starting to think it's the latter. 

On 3/24/2023 at 10:29 AM, DrunkBeautyQueen said:

With the drive-by lyric,

Reveal hidden contents

Is it referring to her being r*ped or her trying to commit suicide? I've seen both interpretations but I'm really starting to think it's the latter. 

When I first listened I was thinking she was saying basically:

Spoiler

At 15, I was picked up taken to the beach side and sexually assaulted. And at the time, she wanted to go drown/die (sleep with the fishes), because of the shame/pain.

Basically relating with her uncle Dave on feeling suicidal and wanting life to just, end. 

Especially after A&W's line "if I told you that I was raped..." 

But I'm not 100% sure.. 

unnamed.gif

Quick question, regarding the rosemeade exclusive baby we had a little while ago—is the song an outtake from Blue Banisters, or this is just a speculation?

On 2/24/2023 at 1:34 AM, Americanboy said:

Hairy assholes are better than smooth ones

7 minutes ago, itsmarvinabel said:

Quick question, regarding the rosemeade exclusive baby we had a little while ago—is the song an outtake from Blue Banisters, or this is just a speculation?

no, Fingertips was recorded before Blue Banisters was released. That's all.

I think Dark Paradise and Fingertips are connected, and she has been talking about her su*cide attempt in the ocean:

"All my friends tell me I should move on
I'm lying in the ocean, singing your song

...I wish I was dead (dead, like you)"

"When I was fifteen, naked, next-door neighbors did a drive-by
Pulled me up by my waist, long hair to the beach side
I wanted to go out like you, swim with the fishes"

On these following lines she is talking about a rebirth, as she was saved from the ocean and became a star she is today; like the goddess Aphrodite was born from the sea:

"Let it crash over me like the waves in the sea

Call me Aphrodite as they bow down to me"

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

5 minutes ago, Let the Light In said:

I think Dark Paradise and Fingertips are connected, and she has been talking about her su*cide attempt in the ocean:

On these last lines she is talking about a rebirth, as she was saved from the ocean and became a star she is today; like the goddess Aphrodite was born from the sea:

Oh wow, how come I never thought abt this?

7 minutes ago, Let the Light In said:

On these last lines she is talking about a rebirth, as she was saved from the ocean and became a star she is today; like the goddess Aphrodite was born from the sea:

Wow, that’s such an insightful connection :icant:

On 5/17/2022 at 2:47 PM, Elle said:

When I was fifteen, naked

Next-door neighbors did a drive-by

Pulled me up by my waist, long hair to the beachside

I wanted to go out like you

Swim with the fishes that he caught on Rhode Island beaches

But, sometimes, it's just not your time, Caroline

this paragraph, specifically the line "pulled me up by my waist" really makes me think of the "waist deep in icy waves" thingy.

i don't know if lana genuinely has a song with that specific title in the attic....but it could very much be about that experience of hers...getting pulled up by her waist after drowning herself in this cold cold water. what a thing to experience, especially for a child.

I think the paragraph about the neighbours and such is a reference to the attempt, I believe the SA may have happened later... Lana spoke of having a boyfriend in his mid 20s when she was 16 who used to drive dangerously with her in the passenger seat of his car, that's statutory already. There may have been other occasions but I can see her teen years were the times most of these dark things were happening. Breaks my heart

2 hours ago, Let the Light In said:

On these following lines she is talking about a rebirth, as she was saved from the ocean and became a star she is today; like the goddess Aphrodite was born from the sea:

I also wonder if this is all related to Kill Kill, especially because it was originally titled “The Ocean” and she has that line in the demo that goes:

“Fresh from the shore, blond hair is wide

The ocean makes me cry”

On 4/5/2023 at 7:54 PM, Let the Light In said:

mentioning aphrodite (a goddess from my island born on a rock in the sea which is still there i drove past it but never went near it) on a song where she is talking about committing suicide by drowning in the ocean but instead she was reborn in the sea like aphrodite and became the legend she is today

279488534_669097857727020_8394848190369278719_n.gif?_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=041f46&_nc_ohc=RgtUO5-MKWsAX8Zdg4S&_nc_ht=cdn.fbsbx.com&oh=03_AdTHdT9XdIAvCTKSpB5_I39C5NyVQXiz2a1K2oW8GKqzvA&oe=644709E3

"She made special mention of one such individual, Jane Powers. “She’s a real estate agent. I met her seven years ago in New York and I loved her. I really wanted to be a singer. I would say, ‘I don’t know what’s going to happen.’ She’d say, ‘God didn’t save you from drowning just to beat you up on the shore. All you really need is patience when you have persistence.’ She’s just an angel.”

https://entertainment.inquirer.net/163131/lana-del-rey-i-was-very-wild#ixzz6TQFKRec6

Sunbather can be related to her being a cancer sun born on the day of summer solstice

" the moment the earth's tilt toward the sun is at a maximum " or the longest day of the year

The June solstice happens around June 21, when the Sun is directly overhead the Tropic of Cancer

I think the genius intepretation is good to point out that verse from Quiet Waiter Blue Forever

no land all sea
water world
sun chaser
tropic of cancer
southern equater
i’m the crying crustacean sunbathing on paper

moon.

Now, as for moon chaser.. I have no idea:P

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif