Sign in to follow this  
Elle

Lana & Chuck interviewed by Interview Magazine - May 17th, 2022

'Lana Del Rey and Chuck Grant are the Chillest Sisters at the Gucci Cruise Show'

On the outskirts of a star-studded castle in Puglia, our editor-in-chief Mel Ottenberg caught up with Lana Del Rey and her sister Chuck Grant to discuss cleavage, cauldrons, and the wickedly eclectic looks at Gucci Cosmogonie 2023 cruise show.

EE55-E982-9921-4-CEF-B9-D4-E73-CFB1-D0-D17 F590655-A-AE1-C-4-A89-8-AD3-4-C38984-DE0-FD

Mel Ottenberg: Ok, I’m with my two favorite sisters at the Gucci show. 

Chuck Grant: I’m with my favorite daddy.

Ottenberg: [Laughs] What are your names?

Lana Del Rey: Chuck and Lana.

Ottenberg: We’re at the castle right now. What did you guys think about the Gucci show? 

Lana Del Rey: Everything. 

Ottenberg: It was everything.

Lana Del Rey: You don’t know what to expect, and then you get it all. ‘20s, ‘40s, contemporary.

Ottenberg: ‘80s—lots of ‘80s. Lana does not want to talk about the ‘80s right now—

Lana Del Rey: I know.

Ottenberg: —But I do. I wanna talk about it, Lana.

Lana Del Rey: It reminds me of when Johnny wanted to talk about the ‘70s, and I said, “Okay, okay, okay. Hold on. We’re doing ‘40s, ‘50s, ‘60s.” And then all of a sudden, we moved to Laurel Canyon and it was straight ‘70s for years. ‘80s are amazing. What would you call Chuck’s look?

Ottenberg: I think this is giving ‘20s.

Lana Del Rey: Right, with the velvet ruffle.

Ottenberg: And then the shoe is ‘40s. You’re right. But your outfit—well, this isn’t part of the show—but the dress is ‘20s, the shoes are ‘40s…

Lana Del Rey: Right, so ‘20s and now. I feel so much gratitude to be able to enjoy fashion again. This show reminded me of the early days when YSL was starting, when Ferragamo began, when Gucci began, it was a lifestyle. It seemed like for a few years, we couldn’t even enjoy the lifestyle. But now—I mean, there are so many amazing people in attendance tonight, and I feel like fashion can actually be cheerful again. That was always my thing—can we bring the joy back into it? This show wasn’t just about joy. It was something we’ve never seen before.

Ottenberg: It was sensual, it was beautiful. It was a real effort—we’re in a medieval castle in the middle of nowhere. 

Lana Del Rey: I think it’s the effort that I appreciated. It kind of makes you actually evaluate where you’re putting effort into your life.

Chuck Grant: I was thinking that too. They fully carried us through this entire experience.

Lana Del Rey: The tech crew, every gaffer was like, holding each other afterwards. 

Chuck Grant: And the cauldron! We thought it was real.

Ottenberg: Yeah the cauldron was amazing.

Chuck Grant: It’s fake!

Ottenberg: Oh, it’s fake, it’s hot. Also, you guys look amazing. Lana I’ve styled before, but off-duty, you guys are two of the chillest California girls I know, and you’re really turned out for this thing, huh.

Chuck Grant & Lana Del Rey: Yeah.

Ottenberg: Okay, any favorites—a favorite accessory? We love the pearls. The long pearls, the choker pearls. 

Lana Del Rey: I liked the double pearls.

Chuck Grant: The fishnets.

Ottenberg: I liked the strawberry.

Lana Del Rey: I think fishtails—we’ve been talking about fishtails—

Ottenberg: Yeah I’m done with a train, I’m down with a fishtail.

Lana Del Rey:  I appreciated the sheer trains, because you can’t have a show without it.

Ottenberg: That train was cool. It was like a naked, invisible dress.

Lana Del Rey: I’m trading trains for beading with nudity.

Ottenberg: You’re also into boobs tonight. You told me last night that we were getting cleavage, and I’m really into it. I think the cleave is back.

Chuck Grant: Hell yeah.

Lana Del Rey: I mean, you have to work with what you have.

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

16 minutes ago, Elle said:

OTTENBERG: You’re also into boobs tonight. You told me last night that we were getting cleavage, and I’m really into it. I think the cleave is back.

GRANT: Hell yeah.

LANA DEL REY: I mean, you have to work with what you have

:crai::crai::crai::crai::crai:

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

14 minutes ago, Elle said:

Lana does not want to talk about the ‘80s right now—

not right now, but in a few months when she releases a new record full of 80s bops gayhype.gif

WE ARE GETTING FED TODAY

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Is that the whole thing? That interview is underwhelming… :bebe: I mean, it feels like friends talking together… and no info about the next album :pls:

Edit: I just saw it was a small thing for Interview about the fashion show. It makes more sense now, in context. 

Boobs. Cleavage. This woman. I’m not ready. 

Imagine being that hot and also that talented. Like the best writer in the entire world with that magical voice and truly beautiful inside AND out. 

uncomprehendable. Probably not a word but whatever my mind is BLOWN. :wub::flutter:

42 minutes ago, Elle said:

LANA DEL REY: I’m trading trains for beading with nudity.

OTTENBERG: You’re also into boobs tonight. You told me last night that we were getting cleavage, and I’m really into it. I think the cleave is back.

GRANT: Hell yeah.

LANA DEL REY: I mean, you have to work with what you have.

black-girl-stan-twitter.gif

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

52 minutes ago, Elle said:

You’re also into boobs tonight. You told me last night that we were getting cleavage, and I’m really into it. I think the cleave is back.

EYwg28_VAAAjXoC.jpg

imageproxy.jpg

55 minutes ago, Elle said:

LANA DEL REY: Right, so ‘20s and now. I feel so much gratitude to be able to enjoy fashion again. This show reminded me of the early days when YSL was starting, when Ferragamo began, when Gucci began, it was a lifestyle. It seemed like for a few years, we couldn’t even enjoy the lifestyle. But now—I mean, there are so many amazing people in attendance tonight, and I feel like fashion can actually be cheerful again. That was always my thing—can we bring the joy back into it? This show wasn’t just about joy. It was something we’ve never seen before.

Lana reminiscing about late 2000s and early 2010s Atlanta hip hop with Gucci Mane and Young Thug.

Im livin that YSL lifestyle, we living that 1017 lifestyle :hype: