jimbeam

New TikTok fans: weird or just unhinged?

On 5/20/2022 at 4:06 AM, jimbeam said:

Can we talk about the wild and weird the tik Tok fandom can be with the coquette b1tches with eds who romanticize lolita and the Lizzy grant era, or am I the only one who notices this because I am on latatok and it can be wild sometimes. from the girlies posting th1nspo "🩰🩰💋"to lana songs to really bad takes

some pictures that I found 😭 😭😭😭😭😭😭

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQUJpiW1D_gIv9gOm1bll1images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTBxcqllk3c1sBeYWAQQBo images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTh8TJrPboNKWlYhOELfMg

what the actual fvck with the last one babes....

Yeah I can’t stand Tik Tok especially when terrible things go viral. And I hate the way they rep her. Yes I and the collective you want so bad to be depressed and have eating disorders. The thinspo is the worst. I can’t lie though. I always compare weights with everyone. I don’t care what someone’s weight is besides mine. They way people criticizing her weight and her age, I was SO mad. 1 Who cares? 2 Does it have any impact on her music? Or personality? I hate that kind of shit. Trailer Park Princess? Omg how completely fucked up. Never seen that one :/ Lolita is a great song though, imo. 

˥˥∀ ⊥∀ ⊥N∀M I ⊥∀HM ⊥ON

48074-D05-23-C3-4478-94-F9-45-F66617-C7-

20 minutes ago, mssainttropez said:

The three main Lana tiktok stans are:

1. Ultraviolence- it’s their whole personality and they tend to romanticize harmful things such as eds, drugs, etc. These are the femcels. 

2. NFR- “NFR is the best album created, all of her other albums are nothing compare to it”

3. Aka- Either Lizzy is my whole personality or Lizzy is such a problematic era 

6 minutes ago, mssainttropez said:

Here’s what I just posted on a similar thread

1. Ultraviolence- it’s their whole personality and they tend to romanticize harmful things such as eds, drugs, etc. These are the femcels and some coquettes. 

2. NFR- “NFR is the best album created, all of her other albums are nothing compare to it”

3. Aka- Either Lizzy is my whole personality (coquettes and femcels) or Lizzy is such a problematic era 

I hate her unreleased getting trendy on tiktok. Like yes, I am in fact a gatekeeper careless. Especially when people say “Lana is my favorite singer” and they only listen to her popular songs such as Brooklyn Baby, Say Yes To Heaven, Young And Beautiful, etc. Don’t get me wrong, you don’t need to know her whole discography to consider yourself a fan, but you aren’t truly a fan if you ONLY listen to her mainstream songs. I also hate peoples posting stuff regarding Lana just for the aesthetic of it. 

I didn't hear you, could you say that again

12 hours ago, Tana Mongeau said:

eating pure vagina

one thing that's quite annoying to me is how some tiktok fans think every single unreleased song is a "lizzy grant" song :sideeye:

i remember a video with playing dangerous as the audio and the op referred to it as a lana song and the ENTIRE comment section was like

"THAT'S LIZZY NOT LANA". "This is Lizzy you local" girl you know the song's from 2010/2011 right :hillary:

─── ・ 。: *.☽ .* :。 ───

9.gif

You're the king mafia baby
I am the Queen of Alchemy

23 minutes ago, mssainttropez said:

1. Ultraviolence- it’s their whole personality and they tend to romanticize harmful things such as eds, drugs, etc. These are the femcels. 

3. Aka- Either Lizzy is my whole personality or Lizzy is such a problematic era 

the way you described my thoughts when i hear the words lana and tiktok in one sentence.

˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

last fm 

soundcloud

when i’m bored i like to go on tiktok and find the lizzy grant “fans” and call them local. it’s hilarious because they get sooo mad

giphy.gif

"𝒹𝑜𝓃𝓉 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑔𝑒𝓉 𝓂𝑒, 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓉𝓊𝓃𝓃𝑒𝓁 𝓊𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇 𝑜𝒸𝑒𝒶𝓃 𝒷𝓁𝓋𝒹"

instagram

the reasonable side of me wants to be understanding of the fact that most of these fans are very young- i was a lana stan at like 14 and i was cringy as hell just loud and annoying (literally can't even watch my videos from la to the moon tour bc im screaming MOTHER and shit) however i did not have a platform where i talked about lana at the time and it was early enough in her career that i knew the lore. it's mainly just frustrating when the newer tiktok fans say just straight up wrong things about lana and her career (she was an addict during btd, she had an ed during aka, more that i can't think of right now). the way that when older fans try to educate them they bite back and call us "gatekeepers" is annoying. i will admit i gatekeep at times however i feel as though they are mainly just acting immature because they're young and they'll likely grow out of it. idk!

2 hours ago, LanaNirvana said:

Yeah I can’t stand Tik Tok especially when terrible things go viral. And I hate the way they rep her. Yes I and the collective you want so bad to be depressed and have eating disorders. The thinspo is the worst. I can’t lie though. I always compare weights with everyone. I don’t care what someone’s weight is besides mine. They way people criticizing her weight and her age, I was SO mad. 1 Who cares? 2 Does it have any impact on her music? Or personality? I hate that kind of shit. Trailer Park Princess? Omg how completely fucked up. Never seen that one :/ Lolita is a great song though, imo. 

I hate seeing people (mostly on tiktok) calling Lana ugly because she’s gained weight along with her age. Something I’ve noticed within that community is they induce self destructive behaviors onto themselves. There’s a video by Mina Le that I thought was insanely interesting that mentions Lana and this specific “fan-base” of her. It touches on bigger aspects though, but it’s definitely relevant to these tiktoks of Lana. 

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

9 minutes ago, imbennett said:

the reasonable side of me wants to be understanding of the fact that most of these fans are very young- i was a lana stan at like 14 and i was cringy as hell just loud and annoying (literally can't even watch my videos from la to the moon tour bc im screaming MOTHER and shit) however i did not have a platform where i talked about lana at the time and it was early enough in her career that i knew the lore. it's mainly just frustrating when the newer tiktok fans say just straight up wrong things about lana and her career (she was an addict during btd, she had an ed during aka, more that i can't think of right now). the way that when older fans try to educate them they bite back and call us "gatekeepers" is annoying. i will admit i gatekeep at times however i feel as though they are mainly just acting immature because they're young and they'll likely grow out of it. idk!

I agree with everything you said and feel the same way ! Many newer, younger fans have said that Lana was addicted to cocaine. Like I’m sure she has done it, but was never addicted, I think it was just her past boyfriend(s) who were addicted (“he loves me with every beat of his cocaine heart” “bright light, right man / right mixture of cocaine and heroin”). I’ve seen people 12 years old involved with this “fan-base” ranging to early 20’s but it’s mainly teens. I am fairly young in comparison to most people here (I think the most common age range is like late 20’s-early 30’s there was a survey with results a few months ago), I’m in my teens, but I can see the faults in how their acting and it’s just embarrassing (with age can possibly help, however, a lot of them acknowledge their toxic behavior and continue). 

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

4 hours ago, The Love Witch said:

Tik Tok (and the people there) are mostly embarrassing but isn’t it a bit gatekeeperish and arrogant to make fun or talk shit about Lana fans on other platforms? It’s giving highschool bullies…

I so see what you mean. Personally, if a collective group sees how they’re acting (some of it is just annoying, some of it is harmful) I think it’s okay to share your opinions. I have a friend who’s not big into Lana, but sees these things and it bothers her. As long as it’s not like threats, calling out a direct person, stuff like that I think it’s fine. 

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

im honestly so glad that we are talking about this because i HATE lizzy grant fans so much. a lot of them post extremely harmful stuff surrounding eating disorders i literally saw a post that said “starving is a slay”. now i don’t have an eating disorder but it still made me feel very uncomfortable and i can’t even imagine coming across a post like that if i had an eating disorder or was in recovery. it’s honestly making me feel weird and gross for lana because she would never promote eating disorders and these tiktok/twitter fans are taking it way too far.

giphy.gif

instagram

i agree with this thread its so annoying. people do the same shit with fiona apple where they associate artists with eds and being a "female manipulator". it mostly happens with lana but its so tiring to see. alot of the time when they get called out for romanticizing eds they act like they cant control romanticizing it.. like you can have an ed and not try to act like its a good thing because its not. and not to mention the "coquette lizzy grant trailer aesthetic" like why are they romanticizing literal poverty maybe you should go see how thats like yourself babe.. oh AND people need to stop commenting on lanas weight cuz shes hot as fuck and it doesnt matter, and also stop saying shes not "it" anymore like girl just shut up!!

0ee59aa49842db2f69a1f29fe8d0f75d.gif

・゚。★。゚・ 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐢'𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐬, 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡, 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐝𝐢𝐞-𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐝, 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 ・゚。★。゚・

1 minute ago, jadee said:

i agree with this thread its so annoying. people do the same shit with fiona apple where they associate artists with eds and being a "female manipulator". it mostly happens with lana but its so tiring to see. alot of the time when they get called out for romanticizing eds they act like they cant control romanticizing it.. like you can have an ed and not try to act like its a good thing because its not. and not to mention the "coquette lizzy grant trailer aesthetic" like why are they romanticizing literal poverty maybe you should go see how thats like yourself babe.. oh AND people need to stop commenting on lanas weight cuz shes hot as fuck and it doesnt matter, and also stop saying shes not "it" anymore like girl just shut up!!

yes this!! lana has always looked good but she’s looking especially gorgeous recently , she is glowing. she looks so much happier and healthier! 

giphy.gif

instagram

9 minutes ago, terrencelovesy0u said:

yes this!! lana has always looked good but she’s looking especially gorgeous recently , she is glowing. she looks so much happier and healthier! 

yes i cannot stop thinking about how pretty she is 😭😭

0ee59aa49842db2f69a1f29fe8d0f75d.gif

・゚。★。゚・ 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐢'𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐬, 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡, 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐝𝐢𝐞-𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐝, 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 ・゚。★。゚・

ok i’m reviving this thread because i had an encounter with an…interesting “fan” today.ho7WFK.png

giphy.gif

instagram

34 minutes ago, terrencelovesy0u said:

ok i’m reviving this thread because i had an encounter with an…interesting “fan” today.ho7WFK.png

Spill the ranking :oprah:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

17 minutes ago, mssainttropez said:

she ranked west coast, shades of cool, ultraviolence, and black beauty low :eek2:

and florida kilos is her number 1…..

TikTok is a cesspool of gross. 

I have come across the coquette thing on Instagram and Twitter too. Being a Lana stan and girly girl who wears dresses 99% of the time and likes “kawaii” things, was natural I’d come across them. Most just post fashion and music pictures for aesthetic. But now and then I do come across cringe pro-Ana, “I want a sugar daddy”, “I’m toxic heehee” girls. They’re usually 14-21 year olds. 

:sluttybunny:🌧️

1 hour ago, mssainttropez said:

fatFQq.pngsorry it took a while to get it… i’ve been kind of busy but here it is! 

giphy.gif

instagram

5 minutes ago, Chocolate Eyes said:

TikTok is a cesspool of gross. 

I have come across the coquette thing on Instagram and Twitter too. Being a Lana stan and girly girl who wears dresses 99% of the time and likes “kawaii” things, was natural I’d come across them. Most just post fashion and music pictures for aesthetic. But now and then I do come across cringe pro-Ana, “I want a sugar daddy”, “I’m toxic heehee” girls. They’re usually 14-21 year olds. 

yup… it’s SO bad on twitter i actually had to delete twitter because seeing other lana fans post about eating disorders was so triggering. i love girly stuff but it shouldn’t be combined with eating disorders or mental illness 

giphy.gif

instagram