jimbeam

New TikTok fans: weird or just unhinged?

3 minutes ago, VioletBunny said:

This is gonna be biased but like this forum actually hasΒ the most normal stans idk why we have such a bad rep..Β 

Β 

yes we might have some bad apples but I also think we are the most normal and the most respectful ones towards lana in general

some fan pagesΒ on youtube and instagram are nice too

1.jpgΒ  3.jpgΒ Β 2.jpgΒ 

1 minute ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

Β 

yes we might have some bad apples but I also think we are the most normal and the most respectful ones towards lana in general

some fan pagesΒ on youtube and instagram are nice too

Β 

i remember seeing somebody say that lanaboards is filled with pedophiles, for some reason? :oprah2:Β 

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | PinterestΒ Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

2 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

Β 

i remember seeing somebody say that lanaboards is filled with pedophiles, for some reason? :oprah2:Β 

Β 

what the actual fuck :oprah2:Β no this is worse than unhinged teenagersΒ :rollin:

1.jpgΒ  3.jpgΒ Β 2.jpgΒ 

16 hours ago, ultravyvanse said:

Β 

her so called fans on these sites (especially tiktok) don't even view her as a real human being instead theyΒ see her as an aesthetic and get angryΒ when reminded shes no longer that 'skinny drugged up white girl'Β 

Β 

Tiktok rarely sees attractive people or artists as human beings. Lana is a prime example of that. People there literally label themselves as Lana Del Rey vinyl Lily Rose Depp Parisian coquette nymphette girl as if they're a two dimensional movie character from the 90s-2000s and embrace their two dimensional persona.Β 

Β 

16 hours ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

Β 

but she never glamorized anything.Β UV was written in the perspective of a woman in a toxic relationship, that's different fromΒ glamorizing imo

agree with the rest

Β 

'He hit me and it felt like a kiss' wasn't even her line so those weren't even sincere words coming from her. I think the song was one of the rare songs where she actually did that, but let's not act she's innocent.Β 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm freeΒ 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

as a former(ish) poster and current user on lanatok, i love the edits, vinyl content, unpopular opinions etc but i hate that weird ass cult and them pro ana coquette girls but once you get to the right side of lanatok its actually ok as long asΒ u have the same opinion as everyone else

YCY3W7s.jpg

21 minutes ago, shady said:

'He hit me and it felt like a kiss' wasn't even her line so those weren't even sincere words coming from her. I think the song was one of the rare songs where she actually did that, but let's not act she's innocent.Β 

Β 

just because she's referencing another song it's not sincere?Β how can you affirm that?Β that line is just relatable as fuck to a lot of women and probably to her as well andΒ that still doesn't mean she's glamourizing anything, it's a perfect description of an abusive relationship

but okay, if you think so. not gonna keep going through this because this isn't appropriate thread

Β 

1.jpgΒ  3.jpgΒ Β 2.jpgΒ 

tw // ed

Β 

hi baes β™‘ i am curious to hear everyone’s thoughts on this recent wave of lana stans. within the last year or so, a lot of β€œcoquette” (i have absolutely nothing against that aesthetic, i actually consider myself a little coquette) and β€œfemcels” have been obsessed with lana. if you aren’t aware of this new aesthetic, i would recommend mina le’s video called toxic femininity which explains it pretty well in a more neutral context.Β usually, they’ll only listen toΒ lana’sΒ earlier music.Β mostΒ don’t like lana now because she’s not super skinnyΒ (these peopleΒ romanizeΒ eating disorders).Β 

Β 

long story short, i would love to hear everyone’s opinions on this.Β pleaseΒ try to avoid being hateful,Β pleaseΒ respect everyone <3

stars in my eyes

Β  Β βŠΉΛšβ‹† π’ƒπ’‚π’ƒπ’š 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 β€§β‚ŠΒ°Β  Β 

Β 

they're not lana stans, all they listen to is BTD and UV lol, and their understanding of lana'sΒ lyrics and messagingΒ is about on par with that of her detractors

Β 

much like i guess mina puts it (been a while since i watched that particular video), the "coquette" girlies are just rehashing what the "sad girls" did on tumblr ten years ago, but they're self-aware and pretending they're not, which takes all the air out of it

Β 

it comes across, frankly, like whenΒ corporations and businesses put pride flags on their social media during the month ofΒ june lol

Β 

basically, i think the sad girl movement was sincere,Β because we were a lot more naΓ―ve a decade ago, wheras this coquette trend is just commodifying this naΓ―vetyΒ for "clout"

Β 

there's a weird sort of self-importance about it, devoid of irony but all the same insisting that it's electiveΒ - a taking-back of power,Β notΒ an immutable personality trait (which would still be unhealthy, like it was presentedΒ back then)Β but a means to define your existence, which

Β 

why are you defining yourself by mary jane shoes and UO copies of UV solely as aesthetic implements, rather than what they might mean to you, what power does that actually bestow

Β 

(insofar as a pair of shoes and an album sleeve can mean anything to anybody, but you get what i'm saying)

rihKQ8M.gif

Β 

I just really really wish people like that would leave her alone bru.Β it shows the type of fan they are. only caresΒ about the aesthetic she had back in 2012 and down, butΒ Β not now in 2021-2022 withΒ her artΒ and how truly happy she is. She’s always been beautiful.no matter what.Β it just really pisses me off. theyΒ are just straight up being f4tph0b!c tbh. & twt is the worst abt this situation.

:sadcore:

Its sooo hard to avoid that community on tumblr now. I reblog/like anything Lana and ill startΒ getting those blogs as "recommended" for weeks. The girblogger thing is tied in very closely with coquette too, so thats another thing i cant get away from.Β 

I think they are taking the parts of Lana that people used to take out of context early in her career (music critics, for example)Β so i dont think of them as fellow lana fans, but rather young girlsΒ who are using bits and pieces of Lanas art (when she was skinny, and only then) and distorting it x10.

Its kinda like when Lana was used on Lolita blogs in 2014/2015, but now theyve added more to it and made it even worse.Β 

I personally cant imagine appropriating an artistΒ so much just toΒ fit an aesthetic, and a toxic one at that. So i hope theyll grow out of it. I think its gotten worse because of tik tok and peoples expectations on how they should live an aesthetic, not just have some aesthetic in your life.Β 

Β 

I love Mina Le's videos tho.Β 

7 minutes ago, sugarysweet said:

This post sounds like it's heavy on gatekeeping

My thoughts exactly. So apparently the people who enjoy her looks and music from that era the most are sexist and fatphobic? πŸ’€ Okay gurl…

I’d be lying if I said that I prefer how she used to look compared to now. That doesn’t mean that I think she’s fat nowadays or that she looks bad. You can weigh a little more or a little less and still be just as beautiful. But since we're on the topic of fat vs. skinny shaming, the latter is just as much a thing as the former and also quite problematic. On the other hand, saying that it’s okay to be severely obese or overweight or severely underweight and skinny is ALSO extremely problematic. Promoting an unhealthy lifestyle and body/beauty standard is just as bad as shaming people for how they look. I think there is definitely a middle way but someΒ people have a hard time staying there and tend to shift to the extremes. Sadly, they are the ones who are usually the loudest.

I don't think it's wrong to prefer a certain era of an artist that goes back years. People want to identify themselves with the stars, and when they are younger, they naturally like the earlier eras more. There's something nostalgic about that they choose Lana, usually they take newer artists of their age. I also found this:

https://aesthetics.fandom.com/wiki/Key_West_Kitten

The aesthetic originates from Tiktok by young women who have developed a fascination with the unreleased songs of Lizzie Grant (Lana Del Rey), specifically the songs "Mermaid Motel," "St. Tropez," and "Wayamaya."

It's interesting how early Lana paved the way for this subculture.

I don't have a problem with people only liking certain albums of her cause I understand how BTD (or any particular album) couldΒ be more accessible to the average listener or to people who like more upbeat music (it even happens with NFR, some snobsΒ people say it's her only good album)... my issue is with people who are fans only of BTD-UV Lana the person, not the music... like if you only like skinny lowkey depressed Lana maybe you don't really like LanaΒ :um2:

Β 

Like it's kinda sad seeing these accounts post Lana news from 2022 using the same old 2012Β photoshopped pictures that are totally unrelated to the topic but of course they can't use 36 year old Lana cause it's notΒ aesthetic.Β Fuck them reallyΒ :true:

giphy.gif

43 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

I don't think it's wrong to prefer a certain era of an artist that goes back years. People want to identify themselves with the stars, and when they are younger, they naturally like the earlier eras more. There's something nostalgic about that they choose Lana, usually they take newer artists of their age. I also found this:

https://aesthetics.fandom.com/wiki/Key_West_Kitten

It's interesting how early Lana paved the way for this subculture.

I guess it must be because I try to avoid TikToxic as much as possible but this sounds so fake and niche. Almost as if someone who likes Lana, Katy Perry and Hillary Duff (of all people) made this up. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Personally, I feel like Lana during the earliest moments of her careerΒ was super glamourous. She had a team of stylists by her side, I suppose, but I think that she looked gorgeous nevertheless andΒ feel like the glamour was there, and that some people might move towards that time because of it? Maybe I'm being too naΓ―ve.Β Lana is beautiful no matter what, that's obvious, and if we're here I guess we all think that? She was gorgeous when she was skinny and she's beautiful now, too. But I do feel like some people romanticize how depressed she was.

Β 

tumblr_inline_qhw6etIHor1wxgybj_500.gif

last.fm: dope_n_diamonds // twitter: lovinglydelrey

Just now, niandra lades said:

Personally, I feel like Lana during 2012-2015 was super glamourous. She had a team of stylists by her side, I suppose, but I think that she looked gorgeous nevertheless andΒ feel like the glamour was there, and that some people might move towards that time because of it? Maybe I'm being too naΓ―ve.Β Lana is beautiful no matter what, that's obvious, and if we're here I guess we all think that? She was gorgeous when she was skinny and she's beautiful now, too. But I do feel like some people romanticize how depressed she was.

Being depressed =/= skinny

Anti-depressants can actually promote weight gain. She was easily the most depressed during the Honeymoon era. She was dating Francesco and he cheated on her with Rita Ora’s sister just after they had decided on a house they were going to buy. Then the album dropped and you could tell she wasn’t all there. Barely any interviews, one small radio performance, no tour, barely any new visuals.

I think she felt really lonely during that time cause she didn’t have her current friends and entourage. Her former friends had been distancing themselves from her and instead started hanging out with people like Taylor Swift. Not a great time for her. The album also didn’t seem particularly inspired and she has barely ever performed anything off of it live.

I think earlier in her career the LDR persona was just super intense. IΒ dont mean that it wasn't authentic, just that she was most in tune with the person she wanted to portray to the world during this time. she wanted to seem like a "gangsta Nancy Sinatra" so she simply did.

She was especially polarizing and at the height of her controversies (snl performance, lolita, etc) during this time. It's not surprising at all to me that this is the era of LDR that a lot of fans flock to. Of course we all love her in all of her eras and appreciate her deeply as an artist, but we are super fans lol.Β 

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β ~Β  Β Β fantasia-seductive.gifΒ ~