IanadeIrey

Your Sun/Moon/Rising as LDR Albums

What are your big three astrological placements (sun, moon, and rising) as Lana Del Rey albums? đŸ’«

The sun is your identity. It is the essence that you shine out into the world. It represents the vital force that drives you to seek the highest expression of your true self. Your sun sign is how you answer the question “I am” and how you experience life and express your individuality. It also represents the type of energy that you need to feel revitalized. For example, your sun sign’s element is helpful in understanding your self-expression tendencies and how you recharge. 

The moon is the soul behind your identity. It is the subconscious side of yourself that you typically keep hidden and is the driving force behind your emotional reactions. Your moon sign helps you feel pleasure and pain, joy and sorrow, and gives insight into how you nurture and restore yourself. It is the mecca of your inner world. For example, your moon sign’s element is helpful in understanding your inner world and how you typically react in emotional situations. 

The rising sign (also known as your Ascendant) is your social personality. It is how you dawn on people as it relates to the zodiac sign that was on the Eastern horizon when you were born. Your rising sign represents your physical body and outward style. It is the manifestation of both your inner and outer world, which can define the balance between your seven dimensions. For example, your rising sign’s element is helpful in understanding the type of energy that drives your physical body and overall approach to life. 

Discuss away! Can’t wait to read everyone’s answers đŸȘ

Sun: Norman Fucking Rockwell. As a Gemini, I am always torn between two ideals and NFR is the album that embodies that the best into a cohesive format: minimal for some songs and epic for others, mellow yet thoughtful, carefree and yet melancholic. This is my inner world, my inner energy. 

Moon: Honeymoon. The album that helped me through the worst period of my life and it represents my emotional core at best. Yes, there is sadness on it and melancholy (which represents me), but there is also something very powerful in it, plus there is the willpower to heal and want to move on. I am an introvert so it’s easy to overlook how I feel at times, just like this album. 

Rising: Blue Banisters. A bit quiet, a bit minimal, but way more fierce than it first appeared. Classic yet with touches of blues. Generally appreciated, lyrics are of the utmost importance: this also describes me socially for the most parts. 

I think my Sun is Ultraviolence. Quite surprising to me as it's not my favourite record it's just something that I was first thinking about. It's firm yet still dreamy and very unique. Really 70s.

My Moon would be Paradise. This album is very emotional to me also its power I think is working ín me even when I don't see it. Totally subconscious... 

And my rising is Chemtrails. Something very mild yet concrete something that suggests a deeper past, a sensible present and an ambigous future. Sometimes I feel like this is my favourite album of all. 

Okay this is a fun idea but SO hard to answer. It's been giving me an existential crisis for the past 15 minutes. I also don't know how I "dawn on people" (rising sign).

I'm gonna attempt to answer this once I figured myself out I guess :eartha2:

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

Sun - NFR / AKA (Libra)

Both thoughtful albums but optimistic, so kind of balanced. I try to be social but I'm also an introvert and in my thoughts a lot. AKA and NFR both have that vibe to me.

Moon - Ultraviolence (Pisces)
Yeah definitely moody as hell with episodes of sadness, anger and self-confidence alternating on a daily basis. Also can be romantic when I'm not busy being a complete nihilist.

Rising - AKA again (Libra)
Because I feel like I'm shy and introverted and sometimes don't know what to do or say in social settings so others could possibly perceive me as awkward. That reminds me the most of Lizzy. I love being alone but also love being with others - you'll have to approach me though. Also a big daydreamer.

20230718-113117.gif

I was hoping someone would eventually make this a thread. @lanadelrey a legend as always!

Sun (Honeymoon)—Aquarius Sun IRL: This was tough! Something about Honeymoon’s detachedness and almost lethargic expression has always resonated with me despite the record carrying a lot of emotion. The metaphysical themes stitched into the record (such as in Burnt Norton - Interlude) feel very integral to myself as well. 

Moon (Ultraviolence)—Aries Moon IRL: I’m not the most emotionally expressive person, but when I do feel something, I purely experience that sensation with very little cognitive interference. A lot of my emotional processing is centered around catharsis, and I think Ultraviolence is the perfect embodiment of that. 

Rising (Violet)—Aquarius Rising IRL: In person, I’m fairly timid and soft-spoken, and I tend to speak in a way that is (sometimes overly) attentive to the exact words I hope to deliver to others—even when I’m rambling. I think Violet is gentle in its approach, and I’ve been told I behave similarly, so maybe it’s a good fit (assuming Violet counts as an album lol)

“
and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of
misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

sun - honeymoon, dreamy, spaced out and reserved. but still underlyingly hopeful underneath all the anguish and cold fire. emotionally complex and having a great inner and outer understanding but not minding and actually preferring to not be in the spotlight but somehow still being found by it every now and then. 

moon - born to die, technical, practical with a lot to say and managing to improve and raise standards just by stepping into the environment. clever, new, active and cerebral while still translating in a very much sensible and piercing way. doesn't need to be flashy, heavy but made a bit funny/playful thru persevering. defined by classic excellence, and surprisingly resilient and solid despite covering so much. 

rising - ultraviolence, fire, casually intimidating sometimes w/o meaning to be, honestly known for it's power, and just plain existing, the epitome of being known just by existing. main character energy. will do, and go through, a lot. playful when things aren't so serious, and has an underlying secret of being patient and holding soft spots with who/what they hold dear, despite the warrior attitude. 

UV/Honeymoon

I don't really know how to explain my reasoning, I just feel them. My sun is Chemtrails, my moon is AKA, and my ascendant is Ultraviolence with a dash of Honeymoon

imageproxy.jpg

31 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

Sun (Virgo) - Sirens

Moon (Aquarius) - Lana Del Ray Aka Lizzy Grant

Rising (Libra) - Norman Fucking Rockwell

these make so much sense for you omg (both the zodiac & the albums lol)

“
and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of
misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

3 hours ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

ok but @lanadelrey what is your response to the prompt you made?:teehee:

Thank you for asking! <3 here’s mine —

Sun — Norman Fucking Rockwell!

To me, Norman represents pragmatic risk-taking, which I think is me in a nutshell. Lyrically, there’s a candidness to it, but I like how that candidness is soundtracked to casual and very organic instrumentation, which I feel is a perfect embodiment of how I live my life: very naturally and fun, but still really thoughtfully and with a higher purpose in mind. 

Moon — Blue Banisters

I heavily resonate with the narrative of Blue Banisters, as I believe that record is all about accessing knowledge and power within yourself to find (and create) the answers you’re looking for. I think I am always trying to rationalize my own inner dialogue and that lends itself to a more pragmatic thinking pattern while still allowing room to deliberate upon personal experiences. And I love the emphasis on familial origin within the record—that kind of exploration coupled with a domestic idealism and beautiful home life is really important to my emotional fulfillment, motivations, and peace. 

Rising — Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass

Being the only spoken word record of Lana’s, Violet is a very conversational project! It contains a quiet eclecticism that I think distinguishes it from others, but its little idiosyncrasies and overall warmth make it feel really earnest—I think that describes my disposition and the way I present myself well. There’s a quiet confidence and self-assurance that I really identify with.

Sun: Ultraviolence. I hate relating to this album as much as I do.

Moon: Born to Die. I try to hold onto anything that feels remotely good and I'm always striving for that feeling.

Rising: Honeymoon. I'm an introvert who loves beauty and glamour. I can take a while to get to know too.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

I feel a bit introspective right now, so why not?

Sun - Actual Sign: Scorpio

Lana Discography Sign: Honeymoon

I can definitely be dramatic, wild, and very emotional, but in a lowkey way. I also get overlooked as I'm extremely introverted and quiet despite the raw emotion that's almost always in my mind. Most of the time my outward demeanor is going to be that of something like MTWBT. Eventually I always reach my breaking point (comparable to The Blackest Day), but a little party in the form of Freak or HBTB helps me recharge.

Moon - Actual Sign: Virgo

Lana Discography Sign: AKA

My mind can be pure chaos. There are some wild, in-your-face, potentially dangerous moments like Mermaid Motel, Jump, and ... well y'all know the album, but there are also more mysterious and hazy moments too. 

Rising - Actual Sign: Scorpio

Lana Discography Sign: NFR

I think I seem a lot more calm than I really am most of the time, but there's still clear optimism. I also think I'm at the point in my life where I thrive most in low-key social settings (for example, sitting around a fire listening to Crimson and Clover) and I need an escape from everyday life often. Violet would fit here well too.

Side Note: I really wanted to use Blue Banisters for one of these because I connect so much with Nectar and WFWF, but the album as a whole didn't exactly fit any of the signs for me.

â€żïž”â€żïž” ♏  ♄  .ïœĄ.  ♄  .ïœĄ.   ♄  ♏ â€żïž”â€żïž”

There are violets in your eyes
There are guns that blaze around you
There are roses in between my thighs
And a fire that surrounds you

7 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

Sun (Virgo) - Sirens

Moon (Aquarius) - Lana Del Ray Aka Lizzy Grant

Rising (Libra) - Norman Fucking Rockwell

I'm Libra sun and picked NFR for sun too!

20230718-113117.gif

libra sun - im gonna have to go w the fellow libra girlies and say NFR it has this airy libra energy lusting after people, memories and places

capricorn moon - sirens/may jailer the moon is in detriment when its in capricorn (detriment = planet in a sign opposite to the one it rules) its the most uncomfortable place for the moon to be - its in a strange land. moon deals with emotions and subconscious so when its in cap alot of emotions are subconsciously repressed since they don't know what to do with them/how to process psychological pain. i feel like sirens is that same uncomfortable strange land as my moon the songs all have the same kind of lullaby calming sound/tune to them almost repetitive but if you listen to the lyrics they are extremely dark and filled with raw emotion you can feel the pain in her voice 

scorpio rising - ultraviolence purely because of the mysterious energy it has you cant help but be pulled in it just has this unexplainable feel to it lanas scorpio rising not only ate but devoured 

cjRjPWT.gif          QODlvVl.gif.