baddisease

21 Dead and Many Children Injured in Texas Elementary School Shooting

I live in Canada, where there is so much more gun control than in the US, and every shooting convinces me that guns should not be as accessible as they are, even more so in these times, coming out (hopefully) of a 2-year pandemic that exacerbated anxiety, depression and anger. It’s the perfect mix for these horrifying situations. 

this event alone ended the lives of 22 humans, changed and traumatised the lives of everyone else at the school on the day and everyone’s family/friends/neighbours connected to the people who attended/worked at school. i cannot believe this is a twice daily occurrence in the US.

i just looked at the list of mass shootings in the US this year and i am horrified. 27 school shootings this year (it is may) and 212 mass shootings in 2022.

this is so terryfying. and the fact that it can be your son, neighbour, student or someone else anywhere near you... why government simply cannot take certain measures against this??? i don’t like conspiracy theories, but maybe it’s to their advantage that people destroy each other, or what?
and i just can't understand, how people can destroy CHILDREN'S lives
if they do, their souls may be so dark and miserable

America seems to care more about ensuring more births by banning abortions rather than guaranteeing the security of the children that are living and growing up in the country atm.. 

Edited by Deadly Nightshade
Spelling

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

2 hours ago, annedauphine said:

I saw a pic of the killer and I'm scared at the thought that some people will worship him

It's an inevitability that there are going to be weens out there that are going to start worshipping him. I mean, there are already some teen edgelords already worshipping the buffalo killer.

banner.png

suffer does the wolf crawling to thee

idk i have nothing to say about this

nothing’s gonna get accomplished for as long as this country exists and until the government and constitution is completely rejigged i wouldn’t say there’s a chance of any progress being made on this

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

10 hours ago, Brat said:

this is so mind boggling and upsetting

he bought two machine guns on his 18th birthday. how the fuck is that legal and allowed??

at this point i don’t even care about the “right to bare arms” which was implemented in the 1700s, it should be incredibly difficult to obtain a gun, & you’d have to at least be 21, 18 year olds are still high schoolers, there’s no reason for them to have a gun, we’re letting too many irresponsible & violent people get a hold of dangerous weapons which can easily take out multiple people in a matter of seconds, people can blame it on mental illness all they want, but it’s a lot harder for somebody who isn’t mentally there to kill a bunch of innocent people with a knife or their fists, the times have changed & people just need to accept that not everybody has the right to a gun, it’s the 21st century, not the 1700s when they may have been more reasonable or relevant

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

8 minutes ago, House of Balloons said:

isn't this a common occurrence there? 

yep it’s not just this though but this is definitely the worst of it

also how this happens to several people everyday but because it’s done by the police not a peep is said

1 minute ago, avenue said:

yep it’s not just this though but this is definitely the worst of it

also how this happens to several people everyday but because it’s done by the police not a peep is said

fuck the cops, we've had like 5 police brutality cover ups just this month 

1 minute ago, House of Balloons said:

fuck the cops, we've had like 5 police brutality cover ups just this month 

i’m just fucking over it

at this point i want to leave the country and attempt to persuade my family members to come with me just so we can stay marginally safer

As luck would have it, I was taking my nephew to school that very day. I cannot imagine how children can be exposed to such a situation. How they are even prepared for it by the schools. And how everyone knows that simply nothing will change and in a few months a similar event will happen again.

I am always very reluctant to criticize other countries. You have to have spent some time in the country yourself to really understand it. But the last few months have shown a cruelty in America that makes me uncomfortable.

3 hours ago, House of Balloons said:

isn't this a common occurrence there? 

unfortunately, yes. i saw a post that there have been 212 (mass or otherwise) shootings in the US in 2022 already :crai:

we see it in the news almost every other week. not all shootings get reported on a la columbine or sandy hook because there have been so many

1 hour ago, COCC said:

As luck would have it, I was taking my nephew to school that very day. I cannot imagine how children can be exposed to such a situation. How they are even prepared for it by the schools. And how everyone knows that simply nothing will change and in a few months a similar event will happen again.

I am always very reluctant to criticize other countries. You have to have spent some time in the country yourself to really understand it. But the last few months have shown a cruelty in America that makes me uncomfortable.

and imagine: this is the "land of the free" :eyeroll2:

I’m so over everything. School shootings and mass shootings, far right extremism, racism, social and economic inequality, women losing control over their bodies, anti-LGBTQ+ legislation, unaffordable housing, climate crisis, corruption, little to no ability to get anything changed, a pandemic…

I’ve considered myself an optimist for years now, but I’m starting to understand why so many people are pessimistic. I don’t think this is the end of America, as a lot of really bad and scary things have happened here in the past (just look at it everything that happened in the 20th century), but it’s getting hard to feel hopeful. I miss being blissfully ignorant, but also, I’m the type of person that wants to help fix this shit so that others can have better lives too, and I can’t do that being blissfully unaware. 

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

poor babies.. i cant imagine the devastation of the victims families/loved ones. especially when they’re sent to a place that’s supposed to keep your child safe. 

genuinely do not grasp why people in this country have so much dependence on a document/ideals made 200+ years ago especially with this being a constant issue where people’s lives are being taken away or harmed (and of course there’s the irony with many of these people also being pro life and wanting to save and protect “babies from being murdered”). 
more so when those ideals that were made 200 + years ago were intended to be changed with time. 
i also fail to understand why people are so against stricter gun laws being made like when people bring up ideas of background checks, mental health evaluations, training, larger age restrictions, storage requirements etc. (unless of course they think they’d fail to meet the requirements)
sure it will be more of a process to get a gun but many arguments i see is about their own safety/protection which.. wouldn’t they be more safe if less people who are clearly unstable aren’t able to purchase guns easily???

anyway the whole pride and joy thing with guns is tiring. 

of course nothing will likely be done to prevent another event like this from happening in the future which is both horrifying and aggravating to even have to think about but it’s almost always the same cycle with events like this in america. 

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif