Sign in to follow this  
jimmy necco ur so fine

Sade

Sade (born as Helen Folasade Adu) is a Nigerian-British singer, songwriter, musician and actress. She was born in Ibadan, Nigeria on 16 January 1959, at the family of Nigerian economist and British nurse. She moved to England with her mother and elder brother. Sade studied at Clacton County High School and Colchester Institute and at the age of 18 moved to London to study for a fashion designer at Saint Martin's School of Art. After finishing the education there, she was modelling for a little period of time and was a backup-singer with British band called Pride. In 1983 Sade and Stuart Matthewman (guitarist and saxophonist) separated from Pride and formed the band Sade, with keyboardist Andrew Hale, bassist Paul Denman and drummer Paul Cook. Sade Adu signed a contract with Epic Records in 1983 and the rest of her band signed it a year later.
The main genres they work with are jazz, soul, sophisti-pop, R&B, funk, latin, ambient, rock, trip-hop and reggae.

Albums:
1) Diamond Life (1984)

Sade_-_Diamond_Life.png

2) Promise (1985)

Sade_-_Promise.png

3) Stronger Than Pride (1988)

Sade_-_Stronger_Than_Pride.png

4) Love Deluxe (1992)

Sade_-_Love_Deluxe.png

5) Lovers Rock (2000)

Sade_-_Lovers_Rock.png

6) Soldier of Love (2010)

Sade_-_Soldier_of_Love_(album).png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
when i saw that this Queen didn’t have a thread here, i was shocked 😱
this is a topic about her and her band. if you're a fan of them - welcome here 😊

what's your favourite songs/albums?

personally i love all their works, but i'm sooo obsessed with Love Deluxe. for me, it's like an emotional portrait of the life of a woman who, at the same time, is painted in cold tones. in fact, it’s better to just go and listen 🥰 in some ways, it reminds me of ultraviolence, but in much more soft way and with afrobeats in some songs

my most favourite songs: Cherish The Day, Feel No Pain, Pearls, Your Love Is King, Cherry Pie, Is It a Crime, Jezebel, Never as Good as the First Time, The Sweetest Taboo, You're Not the Man, Paradise, Turn My Back on You, Siempre Hay Esperanza, King of Sorrow, Immigrant, Lovers Rock, Soldier of Love, Babyfather 💙💙💙

I’m just here to check if anyone else has found how similar the instrumentals of “Feel No Pain” by Sade and “Music to Watch Boys to” by Lana are. Just listen to that bongos afro sound, is really subtle but once you hear it it’s infectious. Since that, it has become one of my favourite Lana songs. And the bridge and the video are amazing! Honeymoon is her true masterpiece, just as Love Deluxe is Sade’s.