YourGirl666

Artists whose works inspire you the most

For me rn it's Lana. It's like I said before, I have lots of daily struggles with myself and with bad habits and relationships. I'm also very emotional, romantic (not only in a romantic/love way), wild and a escapist. I relate a lot to her lyrics sometimes and also the mood of the songs. They inspire me to take a look at my life and see what's wrong and also make me confortable with myself. What is/are this artist for you?

Spoiler

I would love some recommendations too, I feel like expanding my music taste would be pretty good, specially in a deep sense of inspiration and relatabilty

When a new Lana song leaks or an album comes out I'm always so eager to write music. Also her poetry inspires my a lot I usually find myself in places where in my mind I feel like: 'it's just not going the way.. that I thought' or 'but it wasn't just a dream.. we were just  happy'. Other then Lana nomen est omen Muse is a band that when I listen to I feel like they're making some show-stopping stuff. 

And wisdom! When I feel like I understood something in life it inspires me to write and I feel like I want to put it in a jewelry box created in a mindful way and sealed down. Unfurtunatelly it doesn't always happen but it feels so good to write a song about a feeling or whatever that's been shaping in my mind for years. So I don't get inspiration by artists only but by life itself.

But as J.K. Rowling said if you wanna be a good writer you should read books, I also get filled when I don't just improvise but play more complicated music on the piano like Bach. :gasp:

Other then these I get inspiration by some other works of art then music like a friend's painting, architecture or a strong sentence said by someone.   

Lana and Tupac are the main two then probably Kodak Black, Kevin Gates and King Von, I find their music relatable and they tell real or realistic stories really well. Then some of the more sad type songs from Future and Lil Wayne.

Lana Del Rey - on legacy, perception, and finding the majesty in ones misery

SOPHIE - on expression and boundary breaking

Charli XCX - ^^^, on enjoying the little things

FKA twigs - on uncompromising, pure, selfless art

David Bowie - on being a star

Fleetwood Mac (Bob Welch-Stevie Nicks) - on bewitching even the most sound of worldviews

Ian Curtis - on perseverance 

Mila Jovovich - on never being predictable 

Lana - For the way she built herself a world of her own, shaped her surroundings according to her own reality and drew great art from that source to touch so many people; for being hard-working, powerful, resilient; for showing there's beauty in fragility and sometimes in tragedy, too, for it always teaches you something and life goes on with you stronger. She also made me more comfortable with my femininity, my ever-changing tides of mood and encouraged me to let go of my former perfectionist attitude towards poetry and life and relationships in general. She made me appreaciate little things, too. Just things you wouldn't think of as big happenings, but they leave their mark as happy moments in your life.

Courtney Love - Behind the media drama and a drug-fueled relationship with a famous rock star was one of the most incredible lyricists of all time, humourous, bitter, sarcastic, romantic, witty, incredibly charismatic, a true feminist figure (all in the span of one song sometimes) 

Kurt Cobain - I still catch myself using clever tactics I learned from him in my teens when I'm writing poetry. On top of being a genius musician, he also wrote very simple but interesting lyrics. For example, in Dumb he sings "My heart is broke, but I have some glue/ Help me inhale and mend it with you." where "inhale" shows up completely unexpected. I thought it was the coolest shit ever. Also, he was the perfect embodiment of masculine fragility, rage channeled in art and incredible sense of humor combined.

Jim Morrison - for his myth-building and spiritual leanings

Leonard Cohen - incredible lyrics

Elliott Smith - just a freaking genius

Edit: I forgot Grimes! I'm pretty new to her but it's insane that she does everything regarding her music: composing, production, artwork, videos herself.