Well, you know it and I know it
I'm gonna be a star
You won't, you won't get me very far
You saw life back in the countryside

Oh, my soul, rise up and go
Beyond, beyond, to what you know

Edited by SitarHero

tumblr_mhzjal5z1N1rab19lo1_1280.png

You know, something interesting that occurred to me...

"You saw a life back in the countryside,"

That line, as much as I love it and think it's most likely correct, still feels weird to me at the same time—and then during one listen a few days ago, I actually wondered if she was saying "You sought a life back in the countryside."

It changes the meaning of the lyric a lot, and personally works well with the song altogether in my opinion.

Just a thought!

I realized I only listened to this song like a total of 6 times so I'm having it on repeat now. Oh wow, really nice lyrics.

Does everyone's version have a: "Now let's listen to a little Lizzie Grant on a track called a Star For Nick" intro?

I just edited it out on mine.

I realized I only listened to this song like a total of 6 times so I'm having it on repeat now. Oh wow, really nice lyrics.

Does everyone's version have a: "Now let's listen to a little Lizzie Grant on a track called a Star For Nick" intro?

i've never heard of that, was that the guy who played it on his radio? probs

i've never heard of that, was that the guy who played it on his radio? probs

Yeah It could have been :eek:

Then I guess it was just on my version

It's great that I removed it, increased the replay value of the song so much....

Omfg do you have a link????? ??????????? ???????

I AM MY ONLY GOD

Omfg do you have a link????? ??????????? ???????

No

I just looked around for you and OMFG it must have been rare because I only found the intro-less version

Too bad I deleted mine already

But it was just an annoying male voice introducing the song, really nothing significant

No

I just looked around for you and OMFG it must have been rare because I only found the intro-less version

Too bad I deleted mine already

But it was just an annoying male voice introducing the song, really nothing significant

I know but it could easily be the first time she got played on the radio so it's an iconic moment in history...

I AM MY ONLY GOD

You saw life back in the countryside

You know, something interesting that occurred to me...

"You saw a life back in the countryside,"

That line, as much as I love it and think it's most likely correct, still feels weird to me at the same time—and then during one listen a few days ago, I actually wondered if she was saying "You sought a life back in the countryside."

It changes the meaning of the lyric a lot, and personally works well with the song altogether in my opinion.

Just a thought!

I've always thought it's "You're so alive back in the countryside"

I think it's actually "You were so alive back in the country side."

Not that it matters so much.

Not sure if this is old news, but this song was written for/about singer Nick Drake.

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

I remember waking up to this song in the middle of the night once.. she was just vocalizing, that beautiful voice of hers sounded so angelic & I was half asleep still like :crai: what is this beautiful angel doing sending me off to the clouds like that.

one of her most beautiful songs

:defeated:

14417469274.gif

Not sure if this is old news, but this song was written for/about singer Nick Drake.

Added on Lanapedia ;)

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

The debate on the countryside line is actually pretty important. I'd go towards the "You saw life back in the countryside" since she didn't have any perspective there so she decided to move out. He did and he liked it, but she didn't. It sounds much more meaningful than "you're so alive" given the context.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif