Your Girl Lana

A Star for Nick

The debate on the countryside line is actually pretty important. I'd go towards the "You saw life back in the countryside" since she didn't have any perspective there so she decided to move out. He did and he liked it, but she didn't. It sounds much more meaningful than "you're so alive" given the context.

The official line is written as "you're so alive back in the countryside"

There's also a later version where the ending is written as "Oh my soul rise up & go, beyond, beyond to what you know. Back to what you know."

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

There's also a later version where the ending is written as "Oh my soul rise up & go, beyond, beyond to what you know. Back to what you know."

Thank you!

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

Thanks, Elle!

What do you mean by "a later version"? I was under the impression that we only had one version of this song. 

o4qjp4j.png

MrX8Q.jpg

Looking at her listed influences it seems absolutely no coincidence that she has two songs on her first demo album with the names Nick and Elliott... I think they are written fictionally about Nick Drake and Elliott Smith. We know how much she likes to wear her influences on her sleeve. Even (or especially) up to the present day. Dennis' last stop before Kokomo...

Edit: Ok I didn't even see Elle's post from 2 years ago.

This presents a lot of questions  :usrs:  Where are you seeing this?

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

This song is so haunting yet beautiful. It makes me so emotional, definitely one of the best on Sirens :twirls:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°