Make me your Dream Life

Lana Del Rey Music Videos As Zodiac Signs?

Which signs do you associate Lana's music videos by?
What energy does each video emanate by you? 

For me atm, 

Chemtrails/ West Coast - Aries:
Bold, main character energy. 

Born To Die - Taurus:
Opulent, sensual. 

Music To Watch Boys To/ FIILY - Gemini:
Playful, colorful. 

Blue Jeans/ Video Games - Cancer:
Nostalgic, classic.

Ride/ High By The Beach - Leo:
Creative, regal. 

National Anthem/ Love - Virgo:
Cherishing, solid. 

Ultraviolence/ Shades Of Cool - Libra
Movie-esque

Summertime Sadness/ Freak - Scorpio 
Cult classic, perceptive.

Doin' Time - Sagittarius 
Active, blunt. 

White Mustang - Capricorn
Persevering, established. 

Lust For Life - Aquarius 
Existential, forward anthemic. 

Honeymoon/ The greatest - Pisces
Dreamy, evokes emotion, immersive.

UV/Honeymoon

Love this and love what you think! 

I think Carmen would be Libra or Aquarius. 

And for some reason I see West Coast as a bit Pisces. Maybe just the way Lana described it as being like reality vs the dream. Maybe it's the transition between Pisces and Aries :hooker:

I thought National Anthem was super Leo. It shows the vulnerable side of Leo too. 

The others that came to mind are exactly what you said: 

BTD - Taurus

Doin' Time - Sagittarius

Blue Jeans- C-cancer af with the water and Lana laying at the bottom of the pool being like happy in her shelter, unreachable by anyone else but him. The symbolism is kind of like a Scorpio/Cancer relationship, maybe Scorpio/Pisces too. 

Love and Video Games are Pisces because I'm a Pisces and I say so :oop2: 

imageproxy.jpg

39 minutes ago, Ultra Violet said:

Love this and love what you think! 

I think Carmen would be Libra or Aquarius. 

And for some reason I see West Coast as a bit Pisces. Maybe just the way Lana described it as being like reality vs the dream. Maybe it's the transition between Pisces and Aries :hooker:

I thought National Anthem was super Leo. It shows the vulnerable side of Leo too. 

The others that came to mind are exactly what you said: 

BTD - Taurus

Doin' Time - Sagittarius

Blue Jeans- C-cancer af with the water and Lana laying at the bottom of the pool being like happy in her shelter, unreachable by anyone else but him. The symbolism is kind if like a Scorpio/Cancer relationship, maybe Scorpio/Pisces too. 

i defo see Carmen and West like that too now that u mention it. i can also understand why you might vibe that w Blue Jeans, i can feel the vibe from that video definitely. 

UV/Honeymoon

6 hours ago, Brow Bone said:

Which signs do you associate Lana's music videos by?
What energy does each video emanate by you? 

For me atm, 

Chemtrails/ West Coast - Aries:
Bold, main character energy. 

Born To Die - Taurus:
Opulent, sensual. 

Music To Watch Boys To/ FIILY - Gemini:
Playful, colorful. 

Blue Jeans/ Video Games - Cancer:
Nostalgic, classic.

Ride/ High By The Beach - Leo:
Creative, regal. 

National Anthem/ Love - Virgo:
Cherishing, solid. 

Ultraviolence/ Shades Of Cool - Libra
Movie-esque

Summertime Sadness/ Freak - Scorpio 
Cult classic, perceptive.

Doin' Time - Sagittarius 
Active, blunt. 

White Mustang - Capricorn
Persevering, established. 

Lust For Life - Aquarius 
Existential, forward anthemic. 

Honeymoon/ The greatest - Pisces
Dreamy, evokes emotion, immersive.

as soon as I saw the thread title I was like “shades of cool is Libra.” And of course it is… That song is like the fucking theme song of my life rn :biblio:

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

15 hours ago, Brow Bone said:

what would you guys consider Tropico as one sign? or as parts of it to signs at least

Wow tropico is sort of a tough one. It covers a lot of things! I see parts of it as Virgo- not just because "she's the virgin Mary" in parts, but because it's bright, clean and idealistic with that hazy filter over the top. Bel Air gives me Virgo vibes for the same reason. She looks exactly like every depiction of Virgo I've ever seen in that music video! In touch with nature out with the grass, a white dress, pure ascension. 

That's not to say the whole film would be Virgo tho. I have no idea for Gods and Monsters, nor a lot of the monologue sections, but Body Electric gives me Dark Moon Lilith vibes rather than any particular sign. 

36 minutes ago, Ultra Violet said:

Wow tropico is sort of a tough one. It covers a lot of things! I see parts of it as Virgo- not just because "she's the virgin Mary" in parts, but because it's bright, clean and idealistic with that hazy filter over the top. Bel Air gives me Virgo vibes for the same reason. She looks exactly like every depiction of Virgo I've ever seen in that music video! In touch with nature out with the grass, a white dress, pure ascension. 

That's not to say the whole film would be Virgo tho. I have no idea for Gods and Monsters, nor a lot of the monologue sections, but Body Electric gives me Dark Moon Lilith vibes rather than any particular sign. 

I could defo see the Virgo feel to the aspects of the virgin Mary as well, I think maybe even w Gods & Monsters as well for another side of them. Something about Bel Air vibes Sagittarius to me for some reason, maybe it's the traveling aspect and the different kind of visual components/actions in that part. I was thinking overall, an Aquarius w the traversing of the city of angels I'm not sure how to explain, but it might just be the out of body experience-ish feel and documentary film vibe of it altogether. I'm not so familiar with Lilith so I googled it, and the overall description, I can see how that parallels that body. 

UV/Honeymoon

Okay not to shit on your parade…I really like your take but a while ago, I’ve also made a list of my own for a astrology-related IG page I was planning to do (I’m a bit of a geek).

I took her 36 music videos and assigned them to the 12 zodiac signs:

FIRE SIGNS:

Aries

Ride, West Coast & Bartender

impatient, lively, bold, enthusiastic, impulsive, flirtatious #rideordie #angermanagement #spicycocktail #livefastdieyoung

Leo

Body Electric, Doin' Time & Arcadia

courageous, loyal, attention-loving, passionate, opinionated, charismatic, melodramatic, pretentious

#theaterkid #rachelberry #leaderofthepack #selfie

Sagittarius

Burning Desire, Gods and Monsters & Freak (Ultraviolence [A])

adventurous, reckless, outspoken, noble, encouraging, irresponsible, tactless #dtf #sorrynotsorry #spontaneousvacation #intotheblue

EARTH SIGNS:

Taurus

White Mustang (Best American Record), The Greatest & Let Me Love You Like a Woman

grounded, materialistic, comfort-loving, committed, loyal, stubborn, possessive #mynewcar #selfcare #alwaysbemybaby #handyman

Virgo

Shades of Cool, Norman Fucking Rockwell & White Dress

perfectionists, picky, domestic, industrious, critical, analytical, cold #icanfixhim #recipetumblr #overtime #ocd

Capricorn

Born to Die, Honeymoon & Summertime - The Gershwin Version

old-fashioned, stubborn, domineering, egotistical, realistic, hard-working, conservative #workworkwork #moneyrulestheworld #allergictochange #capitalism

AIR SIGNS:

Gemini

Summertime Sadness, Summer Wine & Chemtrails Over the Country Club

cheeky, communicative, flexible, adaptive, imaginative, flighty, devious, #twofaces #oopsididitagain #meandmysister #allteaallshade

Libra

National Anthem, Young and Beautiful & Happiness is a Butterfly

conflict-avoiding, indecisive, sociable, romantic, vain, superficial #blingbling #alwaysinlove #makelovenotwar #cantdecide

Aquarius

Bel Air, High By the Beach & Love

humanitarian, visionary, aloof, distant, intellectual, eccentric #nolabels #isolation #startingapetition #mrknowitall #quirky

WATER SIGNS:

Cancer

Blue Jeans, Ultraviolence (B) & Blue Banisters

nurturing, caring, clingy, moody, (overly) emotional, #marriedwithchildren #neversingle #thinkingaboutmyex #forever

Scorpio

Carmen, Music to Watch Boys to & Lust for Life

secretive, determined, intuitive, passionate, jealous, observant, #worldpain #emobuthorny #misunderstood #secretdiary

Pisces

Video Games, Blue Velvet & Fuck It I Love You

creative, dreamy, empathetic, spiritual, compassionate, lazy, escapist #tumblraesthetics #psychic #daydreaming

Not included:

Anything released prior to Video Games, Chelsea Hotel No. 2 (this is technically just a live performance) & Don’t Call Me Angel