baddisease

Supreme Court overturns constitutional right to abortion

11 minutes ago, tearsofgold said:

they're trying to see if they can persuade the president to declare it a public health national emergency to dismiss the overturn

this should be a public health emergency, all this will lead to is more deaths from dangerous pregnancy complications, children being abused, sent to the foster care system, extended trauma from sexual assaults, & people losing their ability to live full lives, all they care about is the fetus’ “life” as if any fetus is aware they’re a living thing, i don’t think abortion is something that’s “good” because it can be a very tragic & difficult thing to have to do but the woman who already exists should be prioritized, especially since i’m going to assume a great majority of abortions are performed out of concern for the future life of the potential child or the mother’s wellbeing, i’ve heard they may ban abortions for ectopic pregnancies, in that case, BOTH mother & baby will die, it’s literally pointless, it’s sick

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

1 minute ago, mlittle11 said:

pro-life until that life comes out of the womb

And when that life is old enough to sit in a class room, just arm it with a gun or a rifle in case it needs to defend itself. 

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

1 minute ago, BlueINK said:

And when that life is old enough to sit in a class room, just arm it with a gun or a rifle in case it needs to defend itself. 

it’s interesting how conservatives get all riled up about their constitutional right to own & carry a gun, but when it comes to the constitutional right to terminate a pregnancy… :coffee:

How can we ever talk about gender equality when reproductive health  policies  are almost always targeted towards women? 

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

fyi this means that states now have the decision to make it legal or illegal, its not a blanket ban on the country. 

nonetheless this country is fkn moronic and Clarence Thomas [who ironically his dumb wife texted White House officials to overturn the 2020 election results and attended the January 6 insurrections] has stated that he is ready to overturn gay marriage and contraception laws. This ruling is an insult to the intelligence of societal evolution and a reminder that the way our government works simply does not hold up anymore. Term limits for all politicians, constitutional update every 20 years, fuck this dumb ass court 

What's next, gay rights? Black voters rights? This has to stop and should have been the straw that broke the camels back but we know it won't because people in the US are pussies and we can't do anything about it while we pay their salaries of over $200k a year. Meanwhile, we have a rapist in the Supreme Court who has just decided against a woman's right to choose to have an abortion. 

This is so fucked up. This government does not represent the people anymore and it's clear we need a new system. This country is a fuckhole of corporate greed and religious theologies taking control over other people's rights. Gay rights are next and we're not gonna have any say about it. I fucking hate it here. 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I’ll add that—in states like mine (Louisiana)—some governors signed legislation that would not only prohibit abortions even in cases of incest or rape if the Roe v Wade were overturned, but it also results in even more severe legal punishment if an abortion is performed. 

Outright abortion bans are a violation of medical care. Even if the legislators cared only for the fetus, banning abortion can allow for more cases of fetal distress that would result in inevitable non-viability among other things. 

I just really hope US citizens start waking up and realize our rights are constantly at risk of infringement. Something has to change. So many individuals in my life capable of pregnancy are going to suffer from this, and it’s now segueing into reducing contraception access. Dystopian. 

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

41 minutes ago, tearsofgold said:

can congress stop the overturn? or an executive order?

an executive order cannot change this. what can happen though is congress can pass a law that will make it to where abortion is still legal at a federal level, which is what biden wants, but he knows they don't have the numbers in congress for it, so we have to vote at the end of the year to get more democratic people in there. the problem is, we still can't trust the democrats either

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

2 minutes ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

What's next, gay rights? Black voters rights? This has to stop and should have been the straw that broke the camels back but we know it won't because people in the US are pussies and we can't do anything about it while we pay their salaries of over $200k a year. Meanwhile, we have a rapist in the Supreme Court who has just decided against a woman's right to choose to have an abortion. 

This is so fucked up. This government does not represent the people anymore and it's clear we need a new system. This country is a fuckhole of corporate greed and religious theologies taking control over other people's rights. Gay rights are next and we're not gonna have any say about it. I fucking hate it here. 

as extreme as it may sound, i wouldn’t put taking away women’s right to vote out of the realm of possibility since there’s some conservative men there who think we’re too “emotional” to vote, or something like that :facepalm:

2 minutes ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

Looking forward to the day women have as many rights as guns do in the States, until then we need to show up at the polls gorls :true:

at this point we need to fucking over throw the government. our votes don't mean anything anymore. 

giphy.gif

i'm sorry but i don't think it's wrong that we should overthrow the government. at least it's not for racist reasons like the trumpers were doing it for. like legit i hope someone starts a revolution. clearly they're going after Griswold, Lawrence, and Obergefell next. once they take those rights away, we're going to be absolutely fucked, as if this isn't fucked up enough. this is just the start

giphy.gif

Sometimes i think how hard it is to be a woman throughout history and how our female ancestors really fought to survive and to have a place in society. It's crazy how at any given moment your rights can be taken from you . 

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆