baddisease

Supreme Court overturns constitutional right to abortion

It’s maddening but not surprising as the country has unravelled completely since the campaign for trump to be president 

the fight just got a lot fucking harder.

my heart is with everyone affected, and this isn’t stopping with just abortion rights. The religious will fight to erase more rights

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

That is horrifying. I would say I’m shocked, but it’s sad that we can be so desensitized to the country’s lengths to police and regulate women’s bodies. As scary as it may be to think about it, I’m hoping there is going to be a lot of successful pushback and upheaval about this, because I can’t think of anything else that could enact other laws in place or even reverse this legislation. I feel so sorry for all the Americans impacted by this and in general, I feel sorry for women and those who can bear children.

18 minutes ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

i'm sorry but i don't think it's wrong that we should overthrow the government. at least it's not for racist reasons like the trumpers were doing it for. like legit i hope someone starts a revolution. clearly they're going after Griswold, Lawrence, and Obergefell next. once they take those rights away, we're going to be absolutely fucked, as if this isn't fucked up enough. this is just the start

You really think we could win a revolution against Conservatives who are literally hoping each day for an excuse to break out and use their vast gun collections on us? 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

1 hour ago, Surf Noir said:

i think we should just find a random island, inhabit it, & create our own society, at this point

2db2wtfn1zg51.png?auto=webp&s=06db7b6220

Let's all move to Lana Boards Island tbh (name up for debate). 

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

1 hour ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

at this point we need to fucking over throw the government. our votes don't mean anything anymore. 

not to be all conspiracy theorist but they never did 

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

2 hours ago, mlittle11 said:

dont care. anyone who celebrates women losing the rights to their bodies is an idiot. couldnt give less of a shit.

they don’t actually care about the baby. if they did, they wouldve done their best to solve formula shortages and kids getting shot at school. its disgusting. all they care about is taking away rights from women. 

I think you completely missed my point…

what I am articulating is that people from all walks of life are anti-abortion. Don’t just blame this on the obviously rural, country “hicks”. Your co-worker in California is just as likely to celebrate this, even if they seem worldly and sophisticated. These people are all around us. 

I'm speechless. It really feels like the world is actually ending. I'm not even American but I'm deeply sorry for all the women there and everywhere. In my country, it was just started to be legal in a couple states, but after this I bet they will try and revert the laws. What a fucking shame.

I don't wanna think what's coming next.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

13 minutes ago, mlittle11 said:

almost all of the people i see posting about this on social media are women. its honestly disappointing the lack of concern men have for women right now. 

Adding to this — I’ve also found it surprising that when a known male sex offender is convicted, I hardly ever see men celebrating it or expressing anything of the sort, regardless of how they actually feel about it. It’s always women speaking out, but we need everyone to be advocates for basic human decency. 

I'm not really sure what else to say on here that's not already been said, but my heart goes out to everyone affected :(

It's beyond fucked up how people would be in support of this but at the same time, I'm unfortunately not shocked. 

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕞𝕪 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕤𝕥

4 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

i feel scared that they aren’t going to stop here, i live in minnesota so luckily it seems like abortion will still be legal here, but what if they take away access to birth control? what if they go as far as reversing the right to gay marriage? interracial marriage? we just simply can’t go back, this is so scary

to think they were more progressive about the issue in the 70s, apparently…

They most likely will go after these next. One of the justices mentioned it in one of the write ups I saw.

4 hours ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

whats the point in banning something like this when you could just abort the child without telling anyone, sorry if that sounds insensitive but alcohol tends to work

In some states if this could be proven it would be prosecuted as murder/a felony/etc

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

fortunately the university I'm going to is literally 10 minutes away from Ohio where abortions are still legal, but it is heartbreaking to know that my state would persecute women for having access to life saving healthcare.

Kentucky was a trigger state as well so as soon as the decision was made by the court our rights were stripped...

IMAGINE being unable to travel to a place where you could receive a safe abortion...

yall think we could survive a revolution?? most ppl cant go a day without looking at their phones, what makes u think we're cut out for a revolution??

like, fuck the government with something hard and sandpaper-y, but a revolution is gonna be disastrous, deadly, and traumatic, and its weird yall are hoping for one

4 minutes ago, knives said:

yall think we could survive a revolution?? most ppl cant go a day without looking at their phones, what makes u think we're cut out for a revolution??

like, fuck the government with something hard and sandpaper-y, but a revolution is gonna be disastrous, deadly, and traumatic, and its weird yall are hoping for one

Agreed. I think people want a revolution to happen without them being affected/getting involved...which is impossible. 

What you realistically (and non lethally) can do is vote for Senators, Presidents, and Congresspeople who will 

1. Institute term limits on all branches of govt. From judiciary to legislative 

2. Appoint and approve progressive minded SCOTUSes 

3. Move the country forward through legislation and the repealing of amendments. 

Those candidates exist, all it takes is some research, and knowing that you're playing the long game. Your side won't win immediately, but every single vote that gets added to their column, it moves the entire country in their direction.