baddisease

Supreme Court overturns constitutional right to abortion

1 hour ago, fine china said:

They most likely will go after these next. One of the justices mentioned it in one of the write ups I saw.

In some states if this could be proven it would be prosecuted as murder/a felony/etc

oh this really is idiocracy:eartha:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Absolutely disgusting. What a stupid fucking country the USA is. The same people who are pro-gun are also pro-life - it's baffling but in fact, they don't care about anyone. This overturn is discriminatory and I don't know what to say except stay strong and VOTE EVERY SINGLE TIME.

From The Onion:

image.png

1 hour ago, In My Feelings said:

Absolutely disgusting. What a stupid fucking country the USA is. The same people who are pro-gun are also pro-life - it's baffling but in fact, they don't care about anyone. This overturn is discriminatory and I don't know what to say except stay strong and VOTE EVERY SINGLE TIME.

From The Onion:

image.png

The Onion has always been an icon. a legend. the moment :justride:

Just woke up to this fucking outrageous news. Reading thru the opinion now and it’s already so wild claiming abortion has not been part of the US’ deeply rooted history/traditions… fuck originalists, abortion was literally allowed in colonial states before “quickening” (2nd tri) and not criminalised until the 19th c 

mUENGN9.png

Today has been such a sad and disheartening day. I fear for not only myself, but for all those in this country who have now been stripped of their bodily autonomy and a basic human right. However, I do not want to allow myself to give up this fight because this is something completely, bone-chillingly horrifying. Fuck anyone and everyone celebrating that "life won" today because no it fucking didn't. Life lost today, if anything. The lives of all the people who will die in childbirth lost. The lives of the people who will die or be injured in an unsafe abortion procedure because they can't get one anywhere else lost. The lives of the children who will be put into the adoption and foster care system lost. The lives of the people who weren't ready for children lost. Nobody wins in this situation except for those who want to have complete power and control over anyone with a uterus in this country. 

imageproxy.jpg

Woke up to the news of this by my friend shaking me awake at 11am to tell me, and my stomach has been in knots ever since. Been feeling very nauseous and unsettled all day, and I’m still having a hard time grasping the reality. What a terrifying time, and I fear this is only the beginning of a backwards, downwards spiral x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

The amount of babies who are probably gonna be left on the streets to die a more painful death than if they were aborted.... 

I know for a fact things like Trans rights, Gay rights, Interracial Couples, Black Rights, POC rights in general, of course women's rights, and any "progress" we've made in the last 20 - 50 years are all at stake right now. The US is literally becoming a third world country at this point. 

40 minutes ago, TrailerParkMethDealer said:

The amount of babies who are probably gonna be left on the streets to die a more painful death than if they were aborted.... 

I know for a fact things like Trans rights, Gay rights, Interracial Couples, Black Rights, POC rights in general, of course women's rights, and any "progress" we've made in the last 20 - 50 years are all at stake right now. The US is literally becoming a third world country at this point. 

Also just thinking about the amount of women that are going to end up killing themselves by accident and on purpose because of an unwanted pregnancy. 

It's like we're suddenly living in this weird ludicrous dystopian alternate universe where things up for debate really shouldn't be up for debate... 

Steam Community :: :: The Lindsay Lohan

8 minutes ago, Lindsay Lohan said:

Also just thinking about the amount of women that are going to end up killing themselves by accident and on purpose because of an unwanted pregnancy. 

It's like we're suddenly living in this weird ludicrous dystopian alternate universe where things up for debate really shouldn't be up for debate... 

yeah :(( and the fact that the countless deaths due to unsafe abortions prior to roe being made law was just wilfully neglected by the court... how do u ignore that suffering in ur decision making 

mUENGN9.png

37 minutes ago, Lindsay Lohan said:

Not just by accident, but purposely too. I can only imagine suicide rates are gonna climb because of this. Especially with SA victims. It's truly a dark time to be a women, or any type of minority in this world.... Like it always has been

1 hour ago, Lindsay Lohan said:

adding to that, if abortion becomes illegal, that puts every single person who has a miscarriage or stillbirth in danger as well, they could be charged with murder if they can’t prove they did not induce it themselves. We’ve seen that happen before…

I never meant to be bad or unwell I was just living on the edge right between heaven and hell & I'm tired of it 

16 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

what if they go as far as reversing the right to gay marriage? interracial marriage? we just simply can’t go back, this is so scary

to think they were more progressive about the issue in the 70s, apparently…

the overturning of Roe v. Wade doesn't necessarily mean that decisions like Obergefell (legal right to gay marriage) are in immediate danger bc the ruling explicitly regards abortion and doesn't set any sort of legal precedent. but what it definitely does do is give conservative states that are anti-LGBT the "confidence", so to say, to go even further regarding restrictions on the 14th amendment and it's guarantee of privacy and the things that fall under it such as gay marriage, abortion, birthright citizenship, etc. it's important to note though that Roe v. Wade was able to be overturned mainly due to a dispute regarding the due process clause of the 14th amendment, and if gay marriage/interracial marriage were to be overturned, it would have to be regarding the equal protections under the law clause of the 14th amendment which is not in dispute among the justices

regardless, i'm genuinely shocked that the supreme court actually overturned Roe. it's fucked up and a huge step back for america.. justice alito is so dumb as well like he opens his opinion with, and i QUOTE, "for the first 185 years after the adoption of the constitution, each state was permitted to address this issue (abortion) in accordance with the VIEWS OF ITS CITIZENS". there is not ONE single state where more than 30% of its citizens support the overturning of Roe v Wade.. NOT ONE. the whole thing is absurd and disgusting

i also want to say that the supreme court as a whole has been really fucked up this year and people haven't really been noticing. it didn't get much news coverage but this week they ruled that suspects who are not warned about their right to remain silent (Miranda rights) cannot sue a police officer for damages under federal civil rights law EVEN IF the evidence they say is used against them in court. that's a HUGE step back for americans and our rights against self-incrimination. not being able to sue police for violating the rights guaranteed to us under Miranda opens up a whole new can of worms and imo encourages police to be coercive in obtaining false statements and confessions. the supreme court has really been fucking up and setting us back in more ways than one. very disheartening day for this country  

6 hours ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

i also want to say that the supreme court as a whole has been really fucked up this year and people haven't really been noticing. it didn't get much news coverage but this week they ruled that suspects who are not warned about their right to remain silent (Miranda rights) cannot sue a police officer for damages under federal civil rights law EVEN IF the evidence they say is used against them in court. that's a HUGE step back for americans and our rights against self-incrimination. not being able to sue police for violating the rights guaranteed to us under Miranda opens up a whole new can of worms and imo encourages police to be coercive in obtaining false statements and confessions. the supreme court has really been fucking up and setting us back in more ways than one. very disheartening day for this country  

That’s actually crazy..

Lawyers  really have to take action on letting  more people know about such violations . 

Edited by Deadly Nightshade
Wtf was i on when i wrote legal scientist , i meant lawyers in general

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

Like, America is really weird. How do you ban abortion - which can be decided by each woman if she wants to proceed to do it OR NOT, it's her choice, but you don't take a second to consider to ban all the fucking guns - which can literally kills innocent people & no one asks for that.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

4 hours ago, Coney Island King said:

America really said “fuck Womens rights” today. Wow. I don’t know how you turn on 50% of your population and expect any of this to go down well…..what a completely embarrassing government.

Watch them go for gay marriage next. 

Isn't also the bigger part of Americans pro-choice? Like, that's not how democracy works. A handful of backwards people making decisions against the will of their citizens?? That's a dictatorship.

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

1 minute ago, BlueINK said:

Isn't also the bigger part of Americans pro-choice? Like, that's not how democracy works. A handful of backwards people making decisions against the will of their citizens?? That's a dictatorship.

85% of americans believe abortion should be legal in at least some circumstances (the some generally means things like rape and incest), and about 65% of people believe abortion should be completely legal within the first trimester of a pregnancy.

Still can’t believe it happened. For blue states, it shouldn’t change much (abortion will remain legal), but I’m afraid USA will be even more divided than before between conservative and liberal states.