baddisease

Supreme Court overturns constitutional right to abortion

2 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I think she means in her country, not LanaBoards lol. 

Oh my mistake I apologize. I realized that I could’ve misinterpreted after I posted 🫠

Screenshot-2024-04-17-at-6-31-05-PM.png

who's afraid of little old me?

1 hour ago, Mer said:

Um…sorry? Is “here” referring to LanaBoards? I think this community as a whole is left leaning and very educated. 

Lmao noooo, I meant in my country, "here" where I live. This thread is proof that you are educated here.

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

in case you missed it:

A GOP congresswoman said the end of Roe is a 'historic victory for white life'

A Republican congresswoman called the Supreme Court's decision to overturn Roe v. Wade a "historic victory for white life" at a campaign rally Saturday night with former President Donald Trump.

"President Trump, on behalf of all the MAGA patriots in America, I want to thank you for the historic victory for white life in the Supreme Court yesterday," said Rep. Mary Miller, R-Ill., as she raised her hands to lead the crowd in Mendon, Ill., in applause.

i've told this myself, that the white purists were going after abortion in order to stop the decline of white children being born in the US as much as possible as by 2040 the white population will be a minority. This is win for moronic nazis 

so great seeing it played out in real life... not :awkney2:

16 minutes ago, TRENCH said:

in case you missed it:

i've told this myself, that the white purists were going after abortion in order to stop the decline of white children being born in the US as much as possible as by 2040 the white population will be a minority. This is win for moronic nazis 

But the Roe v. Wade overture really doesn't affect the wealthy white neo-nazi populations, those are the people that can afford to fly to Cali or NYC and get a safe abortion. This mainly affects POC and people without access to the money. In those communities: A. birth rates may soar. B. death rates will also rise because of risky abortions. 

Screenshot-2024-04-17-at-6-31-05-PM.png

who's afraid of little old me?

17 minutes ago, TRENCH said:

in case you missed it:

the fact that they’re absolutely shameless about it too, digusting & crazy

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

15 minutes ago, Mer said:

But the Roe v. Wade overture really doesn't affect the wealthy white neo-nazi populations, those are the people that can afford to fly to Cali or NYC and get a safe abortion. This mainly affects POC and people without access to the money. In those communities: A. birth rates may soar. B. death rates will also rise because of risky abortions. 

the way you're actually right... lmfao these people played themselves again :rip:

16 hours ago, shady said:

I also read some comments from women pro-lifers and can't believe how people are selfish and gross. Just because you're a mom and religious doesn't mean everyone will be in the same situation. Everyone is also pro-sex until someone gets knocked-out and they people blame her for having sex at all. They even lie how ungodly women abort multiple times a year. What? A woman will probably be sterilized after so many abortions. I'm not promiscuous and pro-abortion not so I could abort once a year because it's thrilling, it's for other people's sake and maybe I'll need it once im my life. 

Yeah, there are almost endless circumstances in which abortion is appropriate and/or necessary, but pro-lifers choose to ignore all of those and always bring up these mysterious, unidentified women who allegedly use abortion as contraception. Idk about anyone else here but I don't know (and have never heard of) a single woman who does that. It doesn't even make sense to use it as contraception and anyone who knows anything about women's bodies knows this.

This is (at least partially) to appease the religious freaks like the polygamist LDS in Utah, who oppose abortion but think it's OK to marry off and rape 12-year-old girls.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

8 hours ago, TRENCH said:

fox and other right-wing channels are constantly talking about the theory of "White replacement"

the ban totally aligns with their true motives and that's yet another proof of that 

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

the same thing happened in Poland in October 2020. Warsaw (the capital) was full of protesting women and men. I guess no one cared about this besides Poles lmao
k4Jk9kpTURBXy83OGRkZjJmMDQ4NDJkOGYwM2Q0O

Brutalne-ataki-na-Strajku-Kobiet-w-stoli

000ANGDDRJD979ON-C122-F4.jpg
a text on the banner says "women's hell"

archiving any ldr-related stuff I can find (like, literally)

LANA DEL REY TRACKER

last.fm

163c956c5fc19ea25e79f89d6eec3b83.gif

5 hours ago, ImenaOphelia said:

the same thing happened in Poland in October 2020. Warsaw (the capital) was full of protesting women and men. I guess no one cared about this besides Poles lmao
k4Jk9kpTURBXy83OGRkZjJmMDQ4NDJkOGYwM2Q0O

Brutalne-ataki-na-Strajku-Kobiet-w-stoli

000ANGDDRJD979ON-C122-F4.jpg
a text on the banner says "women's hell"

No idea how others thought of this but I cared. I recently thought about how the US ruling is such a drama (which it is) while as you said when it happens in Poland, Malta or wherever else in the world, it's just a minor matter.

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

It's miraculous that the Supreme Court is alterable by the House and the Senate, but what discourages me is that democrats don't often talk about such bills in the context of why people should vote democrat in 2022/24 (maybe they think it will hurt them, idk). I only found an example/extant bill, because I was google-asking about what the House and Senate could conceivably do to the Supreme Court.  I would have written the bill differently (e.g., I wouldn't have exempted justices appointed before the enactment, which makes the bill effective like 20 yrs out, lol and crying too), but democrats can and should write bills more effective than this, provided they get clear majorities in the House and Senate.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-bill/8424

i think all the supreme court justices having their addresses spread around the net like wildfire is hilarious.  we deserve to be able administer tests that measure the mental cognition of elected officials over the age of 65 once, maybe even twice a year. Any government with Alzheimer’s patients heading the whole thing is doomed to be trapped in a cycle of “it used to be like that so we will try our hardest to go back”. We need new fresh able minded people who dont have bruises up and down their arms from old age. Did I mention I hate the idea of elderly people running an entire country?

On 6/27/2022 at 5:30 PM, BlueINK said:

No idea what others thought of this but I cared. I recently thought about how the US ruling is such a drama (which it is) while as you said when it happens in Poland, Malta, or wherever else in the world, it's just a minor matter.

This! I described Poland cause I live here and that's what came to my head at first, but the same problem exists in Malta, Croatia, and many other countries (in large part in Eastern Europe). But the world seems to just doesn't care. Women have been struggling with it for a long time, but I guess American women are more important for some reason 🥱 Of course there are some exceptions (I'm glad you cared and supported all the protesting ppl), but I don't remember the world being as much angry as it is now when the same thing happens in the US.

LANA DEL REY TRACKER

last.fm

And to be clear: I am NOT diminishing American women's suffering; I am terrified this has happened, and I am supporting protesting people. But I am just so sad that those events have already happened, but in Europe, and back then almost nobody cared.

LANA DEL REY TRACKER

last.fm

32 minutes ago, ImenaOphelia said:

But I am just so sad that those events have already happened, but in Europe, and back then almost nobody cared.

I hope you won't take it amiss if I look at the whole thing in a more differentiated way. Why the development in the USA is more shocking for me and where I see the difference to Poland: In Poland it was to be expected, after all the freedom of minorities and the right to have an abortion was restricted step by step. The responsible party even used it in their campaign. Therefore, it was not a big surprise, as cynical as this may sound. And this slow decline was, after all, initiated by a democratically elected party.

In the USA, on the other hand, it is unexpected (at least for me), especially since the judges have sworn not to overturn Roe v. Wade. They have therefore lied in cold blood. It is also apparently against the will of the majority of the population. And it was not a party, but a body that is supposed to be apolitical.

I do not mean to belittle the situation in Poland. Of course, every woman who wants to or has to have an abortion and cannot do so is one woman too many. This is beyond question. But the political backgrounds are different.

On 6/27/2022 at 2:38 AM, Mer said:

Perhaps I am too cynical here too. Maybe I don't buy the ideology of those responsible enough. But it could also be a deliberate attempt to keep minorities in poverty or to make it more difficult for them to find a better life.

On 7/1/2022 at 4:50 PM, COCC said:

I hope you won't take it amiss if I look at the whole thing in a more differentiated way. Why the development in the USA is more shocking for me and where I see the difference to Poland: In Poland it was to be expected, after all the freedom of minorities and the right to have an abortion was restricted step by step. The responsible party even used it in their campaign. Therefore, it was not a big surprise, as cynical as this may sound. And this slow decline was, after all, initiated by a democratically elected party.

In the USA, on the other hand, it is unexpected (at least for me), especially since the judges have sworn not to overturn Roe v. Wade. They have therefore lied in cold blood. It is also apparently against the will of the majority of the population. And it was not a party, but a body that is supposed to be apolitical.

I do not mean to belittle the situation in Poland. Of course, every woman who wants to or has to have an abortion and cannot do so is one woman too many. This is beyond question. But the political backgrounds are different.

Well, I partially agree - the politics in Poland are... specific, and the current government has never hidden being against abortion, but on the other hand... wasn't changing abortion law in the middle of the COVID-19 pandemic (which has claimed many victims in Poland) as much shocking? Rumor has it, that the government changed the law for a reason - to draw attention from a tragic pandemic situation at the time (which was mainly their fault lmao).
I know you meant the political background, but overall, both situations are shocking.

LANA DEL REY TRACKER

last.fm