Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

4 hours ago, Sulfer said:

Can you please post the short demo, i think i missed that

https://dbree.org/v/f5ed92

I adore this demo intro, wish a real demo with this early production leaks

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

I had a dream that she switched her stage name to Marina Diamandis and released a single with a feature and the artwork was colorful with space in the upper half ahhh

its funny I don't have dreams like that and I haven't listened to her music in almost a year  

On 11/2/2020 at 10:40 PM, LiFELiNE said:

https://dbree.org/v/5545db is this what you're talking about? @Roger

"But we originally composed it to this sort of guitar dance track. Then on the last night of working with them [Stargate] someone from Amsterdam sent in an instrumental to a different girl that didn’t work. And then Tor [from Stargate] was like, ‘oh my God, what if we turn put it underneath that track’, and I was like, ‘hm...’, and then we did it and it sounded amazing. And I really wanted to go with it." this one, i want this one. wonder if anyone has it

DiamondGarden had the original demo and wanted to share it but Warner wrote a warning to them as far as I know. I was one of those who could listen to a preview that had like 5 seconds and unfortunately got deleted very quickly. It was amazing, sounded similar to Power&Control/Living Dead and had the emotion of the acoustic version I believe. Always had the feeling that the final Radioactive did not suit the rest.

original.gif

19 minutes ago, vincentspolsky said:

so Marina is teasing something on spotify, this is the canvas for Teen Idle

The font is giving me some horror vibes ?‍♀️

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

32 minutes ago, HyperVelvet said:

The font is giving me some horror vibes ?‍♀️

It gave me island vibes (like those she's posted about her finishing up writing) Her Orange Trees 2.0 is coming :hooker:

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

On 11/7/2020 at 4:22 AM, vrtvie said:

DiamondGarden had the original demo and wanted to share it but Warner wrote a warning to them as far as I know. I was one of those who could listen to a preview that had like 5 seconds and unfortunately got deleted very quickly. It was amazing, sounded similar to Power&Control/Living Dead and had the emotion of the acoustic version I believe. Always had the feeling that the final Radioactive did not suit the rest.

Hope it leaks someday, sounds amazing

1 hour ago, vincentspolsky said:

so Marina is teasing something on spotify, this is the canvas for Teen Idle

"Man's World" is out next friday, is the lead single (source: insider at atrl)

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

30 minutes ago, Roger said:

Hope it leaks someday, sounds amazing

"Man's World" is out next friday, is the lead single (source: insider at atrl)

This week? Or next week?

1 minute ago, Ryusei said:

This week? Or next week?

He just said "nex friday", i hope it's this friday tho.

He also mentioned that this song was meant to be released on October and "Time flies, MW seems like a worthy follow up of Froot, I'm a Ruin with Savages/CPMD lyrics coming" and "It's really good imo, much better than most of L+F at least"

https://atrl.net/forums/topic/324106-marina-mans-world/

I am ridiculously shaking so hard I've waited for Marina to come thru since L+F was released (even tho I still jam to ha) Man's World is also my least favorite snippet out of the others but I'll accept whatever we're gonna get <3

I'm mostly excited to hear Purge The Poison tho I hope she didn't change it that much from the demo, the Britney line made me cry 

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

i love marina but her woke/political lyrics are not it for me– i think she comes up with much smarter and more interesting lyrics when she stays closer to home. not saying she shouldn't address the world at all (bc duh) but i find savages etc to be so banal and have very little perspective that i couldn't get from almost anywhere else. all that said, excited to hear where she's going next & hope to god i enjoy it.

aOaIzH2.gif