Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

The real question is: will it be out on the 13th or on the 20th? "next friday" usually means next week but idk

Also, I'd rather have Pink Convertible or even Purge the Poison to be the lead but I'll take anything if it's good 

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

8 hours ago, KeybladeMeister said:

Honestly Emotional Machine remains one of her best songs, the production on the track is so immaculate... WHEW

Emotional Machine is a really great song, but it's just another reminder that L+F as a whole could have been much better. I get that she was trying to go for deep, introspective tracks with minimalist production, but the only tracks I feel like that really nailed that concept well are End of the Earth and Emotional Machine.

tumblr_mgwv3zQ0dn1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

2 hours ago, 5adboy said:

Please guys you should watch interviews like this before criticizing Marina's political songs....

At least she didn't date a cop or a trump supporter:) (no shade for Lana)

i mean...no? this is a really poor example of her being political. literally "racism exists :poordat:" is all she said lmfao

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

1 hour ago, DJ Butt Stuff Barbie said:

Again, she's lost a lot of her bite when it comes to making social commentary in her music. Savages was a cute attempt, but everything past Electra Heart has felt really surface level when it comes to making a statement. 

Oh but you're right, it's very true and as a huge fan of her I've been concerned about it too. 

Let's be honest here, it even shows on the way she'd been tweeting recently. The way she speaks too, it's like she doesn't know shit of what she's talking about. 

She seems to be very passionate about society and I genuinely think she does care a lot. That being said, it's true she doesn't really know how to express it correctly or at least through songwriting I guess. 

She ain't no activist so I won't judge her that hard tho, she's trying her best. She does better when the lyrics are close to home, and that's okay. That's why Sex Yeah will always be 100x times better and more emotionally shocking than Savages or To Be Human.

ddbf9f67d5d606fd309eba5825b44324b0a60919

God's dead, I said, "Baby, that's alright with me"

3 minutes ago, Bloody Valentine said:

Oh but you're right, it's very true and as a huge fan of her I've been concerned about it too. 

Let's be honest here, it even shows on the way she'd been tweeting recently. The way she speaks too, it's like she doesn't know shit of what she's talking about. 

She seems to be very passionate about society and I genuinely think she does care a lot. That being said, it's true she doesn't really know how to express it correctly or at least through songwriting I guess. 

She ain't no activist so I won't judge her that hard tho, she's trying her best. She does better when the lyrics are close to home, and that's okay. That's why Sex Yeah will always be 100x times better and more emotionally shocking than Savages or To Be Human.

She definitely tries, and I admire that, but her passion doesn't translate well in her recent efforts. Sometimes it feels like she has a statement she wants to make, doesn't entirely know how to go about it, and then tries too hard to piece it all together. Hopefully in whatever project is coming soon, we can get more of the passion and powerful lyricism we love

tumblr_mgwv3zQ0dn1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

Spoiler

This probably is going to be very pretentious and stretchy from me but I saw this and now I appreciate the new logo much more 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHdZzXJnLgh/?igshid=1r23mjiou062i

That being said, she affirmed this album is gonna be a FROOT 2.0 & wilder, and to me FROOT is her most extravagant and colorful era (based on the looks and the aesthetic). Anyway, looking at her last IG posts, the new font and also the snippets which are kind of reluctant/confident/woke (like TFJ & FROOT), the next record & era seem to be very interesting eh, just saying :creep:

Idk, I find the new logo very Marina-ish (for being pink and kinda freaky) and I'm pretty sure we're not getting a L+F 2.0 at least

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

I think the ~insider said it's Friday 20th.

Friday 13th would be cute tho.

While we were talking about her... political songs... I forgot to mention but Can't Pin Me Down is actually good too. Probably because it's not "Let's make peace and not war!!! Racism is bad and it exists!!". It's very "I'm not not a feminist" but sounds totally done right with the irony and so on. That's the good part of having a subject.

I hope she already scrapped that Purge the Poison song.

38 minutes ago, DinahLee said:

I think the ~insider said it's Friday 20th.

Friday 13th would be cute tho.

While we were talking about her... political songs... I forgot to mention but Can't Pin Me Down is actually good too. Probably because it's not "Let's make peace and not war!!! Racism is bad and it exists!!". It's very "I'm not not a feminist" but sounds totally done right with the irony and so on. That's the good part of having a subject.

I hope she already scrapped that Purge the Poison song.

If you shazam the song it shows the name, so it might be coming soon

ALSO:

apparently Too Afraid and STBS demos leaked.