Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

Just now, DJ Butt Stuff Barbie said:

My only issue with the pic is the choice of backdrop. Is it supposed to be symbolic of something? I guess we'll find out if there's a music video, or if she explains it herself.

I'm getting Greek nymph/goddess vibes, so maybe that's what she's going for--Greek landscapes or tropical aesthetics. 

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

Just now, Formation said:

I'm getting Greek nymph/goddess vibes, so maybe that's what she's going for--Greek landscapes or tropical aesthetics. 

The background is giving me more outskirts of LA desert, but she herself is giving me a bit of a Grecian vibe

tumblr_mgwv3zQ0dn1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

14 minutes ago, DJ Butt Stuff Barbie said:

My only issue with the pic is the choice of backdrop. Is it supposed to be symbolic of something? I guess we'll find out if there's a music video, or if she explains it herself.

Same, I HATE those dry ass weeds or wtv you call them

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

The era's aesthetic seems to be colorful and ambiental which I'm glad af because it looks gorgeous and enchanting (see FROOT's visuals, except they weren't fully ambiental or naturalistic except for the fruit or plants thing) and it's also what I expected for the original concept of L+F. 

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

She's serving vocals and filmic instrumentation but I'm pretty sure y'all won't like it Jsskak

Spoiler

I got the feeling it's not gonna b better than HMH tho oop

The wasteland location of the artwork surely has to do with the lyrics about men destroying nature. I think it’s a great cover art! Ready for her triumphant return. :flutter: 

hopefully that tactless Britney lyric is scrapped if she decides to release purge the poison though. I understand the sentiment but the delivery is not in good taste. 

14417469274.gif

Not trying to start another common discussion on this thread but why do y'all dislike the Britney line so much? Just curious

I don't care so much about the Britney line as the Harvey Weinstein line. why name drop a rapist. and again just name dropping metoo right after talking about size 0 jeans and Britney Spears... I just dislike hearing it:/ I think the Britney line has sort of the same problem of just name dropping her serious mental struggles in a kind of flippant way, when marina has no real connection to the situation

8 minutes ago, Loreen said:

Not trying to start another common discussion on this thread but why do y'all dislike the Britney line so much? Just curious

britney shaving her head was a moment in pop culture yes, but the circumstances surrounding WHY she chose to do that were very sad. & it was easily one of the tipping points for what led to her conservatorship that she is STILL trapped in, over 10 years later....... it’s just really not cute to write a song lyric about that moment in her life, especially when she’s still suffering because of it. 

14417469274.gif