Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

6 minutes ago, sweetlikecinnam0n said:

I would also add that L+F isn't a bad album, per sé. It's just basic for Marina's standards.

You compare it to EH, FROOT or TFJ and you can see that. However, it's still better than some other albums out there

That's what I've been saying since release tbh. It'd be a cute Rita Ora album, but it's not something worthy of someone who created TFJ/EH/FROOT.

自由になる自由がある

2 minutes ago, sweetlikecinnam0n said:

I would also add that L+F isn't a bad album, per sé. It's just basic for Marina's standards.

You compare it to EH, FROOT or TFJ and you can see that. However, it's still better than some other albums out there

It’s not a bad album but it’s probably Marina’s weakest material she has put out. If this album was done by a different artist I think they would have mastered it better than Marina. With the history of Marina’s past material, the album wasn’t dumbing down her artistic vision but rather she decreased it. We all know Marina is able to put out well cohesive and consistent albums with storylines that match with the aesthetics and instrumentations flawlessly. However this album didn’t really have much of that and it felt flat.

Again, it’s not a badly produced album, it just doesn’t fit with Marina’s image and style.

Lana Del Rey Ultraviolence GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

1 hour ago, KeybladeMeister said:

Imagine thinking posts like this is worth everyone's time and is funny.

not YOU of all people talking bout “worth everyone’s time”....honey you literally paid $300 for some marina stems and got scammed lmfao we don’t forget 

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

1 hour ago, new gods said:

how did L+F perform sales wise? 

It kinda underperfomed in Europe iirc but it debuted at 5 on the UK album charts, I mean, Marina's a flop so really who cares

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

1 hour ago, HEARTCORE said:

not YOU of all people talking bout “worth everyone’s time”....honey you literally paid $300 for some marina stems and got scammed lmfao we don’t forget 

So continuing with the negative commentary, I see? How about we keep it on topic and not act like a petulant child? Like what are you trying to achieve here??

j14CYJi.png

Lowkey I think her and her Clean Bandit boyfriend broke up (just me speculating) so I have faith that his production will not taint this album.  It's such a shame that Marina and Clean Bandit are amazing on their own, but the songs he produced for L+F were.... not it

4 hours ago, cory said:

Lowkey I think her and her Clean Bandit boyfriend broke up (just me speculating) so I have faith that his production will not taint this album.  It's such a shame that Marina and Clean Bandit are amazing on their own, but the songs he produced for L+F were.... not it

If her plan hasn't changed, then M5 should be free of Jack's production. She mentioned in the Bose livestream back in April that she was working with a single female producer for the whole album à la Froot being completely produced by David Kosten

5 hours ago, KeybladeMeister said:

So continuing with the negative commentary, I see? How about we keep it on topic and not act like a petulant child? Like what are you trying to achieve here??

First of all girl nobody asked you to reply to my message, you the one who decided to engage so check yourself on that one. Secondly, I’m literally not even being negative, I was actually praising her first 3 records but maybe you haven’t learned basic reading comprehension skills yet. It ain’t my fault that you’re so far up Marina’s ass that you’re happy for her to serve slop on a plate cause “yassss marina girl slayyy omg so deep11!!” instead of challenging her to actually deliver content that is worthy of her musical talents. it’s not negative to want someone to push themselves beyond their comfort zone and certainly in no way does it somehow detract from the support I have for her. the world isn’t as black and white as “unconditional love = positive” and “mild criticism = negative”. it’s time that you and some of other girlies in this thread recognise that and perhaps...grow up a little

anyway! I’m gonna go stream seventeen again. A song!

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

GIF HUNTERRESS — ALAN RICKMAN GIF HUNT (105) Please like/reblog if...

So uh, anyway who here has any ideas what this new album is gonna sound like? The snippet sounds really nice. I think it's going to be a mix of EH and Froot but also something very fresh we haven't heard her do before. I think it's going to be a major departure from L+F.

33 minutes ago, HEARTCORE said:

First of all girl nobody asked you to reply to my message, you the one who decided to engage so check yourself on that one. Secondly, I’m literally not even being negative, I was actually praising her first 3 records but maybe you haven’t learned basic reading comprehension skills yet. It ain’t my fault that you’re so far up Marina’s ass that you’re happy for her to serve slop on a plate cause “yassss marina girl slayyy omg so deep11!!” instead of challenging her to actually deliver content that is worthy of her musical talents. it’s not negative to want someone to push themselves beyond their comfort zone and certainly in no way does it somehow detract from the support I have for her. the world isn’t as black and white as “unconditional love = positive” and “mild criticism = negative”. it’s time that you and some of other girlies in this thread recognise that and perhaps...grow up a little

anyway! I’m gonna go stream seventeen again. A song!

You really think you're doing something here aye??

Act a fool girl...

:w8ing:

11 minutes ago, Roses of Saigon said:

GIF HUNTERRESS — ALAN RICKMAN GIF HUNT (105) Please like/reblog if...

So uh, anyway who here has any ideas what this new album is gonna sound like? The snippet sounds really nice. I think it's going to be a mix of EH and Froot but also something very fresh we haven't heard her do before. I think it's going to be a major departure from L+F.

To be honest, I'm so hyped for the new single.... I think it's going to be interesting to see what direction she goes with this record :)

j14CYJi.png

1 minute ago, KeybladeMeister said:

You really think you're doing something here aye??

Act a fool girl...

:w8ing:

To be honest, I'm so hyped for the new single.... I think it's going to be interesting to see what direction she goes with this record :)

Yes! I know the visuals are going to be stunning and way more structured than what we got in the last era. I feel like this album may be going into a more political route. Possibly her Lust for Life moment. :omg:

relying on dated memes because you’re unable to engage in actual critical discussion instead of simple blind support...oh to be 12 again

saviour is such a good song too. i really hope we get the full, unedited version soon

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

1 hour ago, Roses of Saigon said:

Yes! I know the visuals are going to be stunning and way more structured than what we got in the last era. I feel like this album may be going into a more political route. Possibly her Lust for Life moment. :omg:

her Lust for Life moment was L+F :toofunny: (cheap beats, poorly executed concept, ‘political message’ which doesn’t go anywhere)... She needs a political album in the vein of NFR with deep lyrics such as The Greatest and Hope

1 minute ago, 5adboy said:

her Lust for Life moment was L+F :toofunny: (cheap beats, poorly executed concept, ‘political message’ which doesn’t go anywhere)... She needs a political album in the vein of NFR with deep lyrics such as The Greatest and Hope

Not to sound controversial but I personally think Hope is one of the weakest tracks off NFR. 
:coffee:

47 minutes ago, Roses of Saigon said:

Not to sound controversial but I personally think Hope is one of the weakest tracks off NFR. 
:coffee:

that's why you delete it and pretend the album ends with happiness is a butterfly 

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)