Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

58 minutes ago, vrtvie said:

Well, glad that many of you like it. But for me it seems a little bit inauthentic of hers because, you know, she's been in a healthy, I hope, relationship for years, and it is the album that also has songs about how deeply in love she is, which in my opinion deliver real feelingmuch better. This track was co-written by Nowels and it shows. We're talking about a woman who was able to write Teen Idle, Numb and Buy the stars on her very own; of course I'm going to judge her harsher.

(still, don't get me wrong! in my labelling this song is not bad, it's just mediocre.)

Soft to be Strong is definitely one of the better songs on L&F imo. It may seem quite shallow from the surface but for a lot of people who have endured emotional trauma - their first instincts may be to fight against it, to distract from it, to avoid it in any way they can. So to me being 'soft' to be strong means being willingly vulnerable, and opening yourself to situations that might terrify you because of your past trauma. This includes letting the other person love you despite your seemingly unrelenting feeling that you can't be love.

Radical acceptance is a cornerstone of a lot of psychotherapy nowadays. It seems like a no-brainer but it's quite powerful when you're in the deep end. In fact, a lot of her perspective in L&F seems congruent with some of the philosophies of Acceptance & Commitment Therapy... and given the fact that she literally went to therapy for years before L&F,  I have to disagree with your judgment of it being "inauthentic" and not portraying "real feelings" that well.

1 hour ago, vrtvie said:

Well, glad that many of you like it. But for me it seems a little bit inauthentic of hers because, you know, she's been in a healthy, I hope, relationship for years, and it is the album that also has songs about how deeply in love she is, which in my opinion deliver real feelingmuch better. This track was co-written by Nowels and it shows. We're talking about a woman who was able to write Teen Idle, Numb and Buy the stars on her very own; of course I'm going to judge her harsher.

(still, don't get me wrong! in my labelling this song is not bad, it's just mediocre.)

I don't think that the lyrics are unauthentic. She's clearly at a different emotional headspace and it isnt a bad thing, but the opposite. I agree with you, perhaps, on the song being mediocre. I take the concept as a honest one, but the production and the whole development of the song is just shallow and artificial -as all of L+F, even the listenable songs lack any kind of depth for the same reasons-. 

Anyway, what we've heard from Man's World sounds absolutely different, vibrant and rich. Truly excited about it!

On 11/15/2020 at 9:00 PM, HEARTCORE said:

Imagine releasing albums like The Family Jewels, Electra Heart, and FROOT but being told that LOSER + FLOP has your best songs...a tragedy

On 11/15/2020 at 8:28 PM, LiFELiNE said:

me when i lie

it has some of her best songs. handmade heaven, end of the earth, emotional machine for example.

:cuteface:

1 hour ago, HEARTCORE said:

this still ain't out...girl...

maybe because it's clearly a set timed release.

:cuteface:

16 minutes ago, LiFELiNE said:

.....me when I lie [2]

Handmade heaven is amazing. End of the earth :air: Emotional machine is great too... Stop hating guys. L+F isn't her best but it's not bad. 7/10 album with some great 10/10 tracks

Mmeow~

ok but actually imagine a world where emotional machine, please don't call me, believe in love, and end of the earth were on a better album... someone leak the aquamarina/handmade heaven tracklist

tumblr_inline_q2nkwneCwi1wb35v4_1280.png

Got a devil on my back as a tribute to my mother

12 minutes ago, June Gloom said:

ok but actually imagine a world where emotional machine, please don't call me, believe in love, and end of the earth were on a better album... someone leak the aquamarina/handmade heaven tracklist

I recently made two separate EPs in my imagination. Different sound, different vibe, cold vs. warm, night vs. day... Highly recommend.

HANDMADE HEAVEN EP

Handmade Heaven

Emotional Machine

Believe in Love
Superstar

True

End of the Earth

LEFKADA EP

Orange Trees

Baby
Enjoy Your Life

To Be Human

Didn't know what to do with the rest, most don't fit or I don't like, so expand as you please.

original.gif

5 minutes ago, vrtvie said:

I recently made two separate EPs in my imagination. Different sound, different vibe, cold vs. warm, night vs. day... Highly recommend.

HANDMADE HEAVEN EP

Handmade Heaven

Emotional Machine

Believe in Love
Superstar

True

End of the Earth

LEFKADA EP

Orange Trees

Baby
Enjoy Your Life

To Be Human

Didn't know what to do with the rest, most don't fit or I don't like, so expand as you please.

So, let me get this right: you think Superstar is better than Soft to Be Strong? 

59rf.gif

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

7 minutes ago, sweetlikecinnam0n said:

So, let me get this right: you think Superstar is better than Soft to Be Strong? 

59rf.gif

superstar is a nice bop, generic but at least catchy electropop. would still put soft to be strong somewhere but i don''t know how, since in my mind it's a closing track and end of the earth works better in this role.

original.gif

1 minute ago, vrtvie said:

superstar is a nice bop, generic but at least catchy. would still put soft to be strong somewhere but i don''t know how, since in my mind it's a closing track and end of the earth works better in this role.

So which one is better, in your opinion?

I hope you don't say Superstar tho; she's a cute girl but it lowkey aged like milk, whereas STBS aged like wine, esp the demo

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

3 hours ago, Life said:

much good.

:rollin:

spare pm maam ? 

mod note: user was warned for this post

Edited by admin
Requesting illegal downlink links to leaks of copyrighted content intended for official release through purchase & streaming is not allowed.

FzytWEW.png