Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

1 hour ago, Life said:

if you’re on about the man’s world vinyl, there were only 3000 copies made worldwide - so if you didn’t get one now it doesn’t seem like they’re making any more. 

she needs to place another order :(

16 minutes ago, Mind Melt said:

she needs to place another order :(

nah. i managed to snag one straight away, but honestly having it as a "limited" amount and then just adding to it de-values that. it did originally say 1,000 so i guess they increased it anyway.

2 hours ago, vrtvie said:

The fact that the material for Die Life is so good that it could easily make quite a solid separate album is insane.

It does! I did a version of it. I know a couple don't belong, but they actually fit sonically, so wth.

Spoiler

wpjvet8eqsg51.jpg

1. Living Dead (Demo)
  2. Bump In the Night
  3. Sex Yeah (Demo 2)
  4. Radioactive (Demo)
  5. Scab & Plaster (Demo V) [?]
  6. Power & Control (Demo III) [?]
  7. Miss Y (Demo 2)
  8. Eternity
  9. Starring Role (Demo)
  10. Jealousy

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

I can't put into words how much I appreciate Miss Y. It's def one of her most sad and personal songs (since it's basically about her being a flop) but it's also too tender and cute :flutter: 

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

d01e026a-d5fa-4301-94af-8024875e111f.jpg
So now that we have the vinyl for the single what do you guys think she will do for the full album?! I’m so excited to see what she has planned for us because the froot box set was such a serve and it seems like with Man’s World she’s back to colorful, exciting stuff

15 minutes ago, Dyl said:

d01e026a-d5fa-4301-94af-8024875e111f.jpg
So now that we have the vinyl for the single what do you guys think she will do for the full album?! I’m so excited to see what she has planned for us because the froot box set was such a serve and it seems like with Man’s World she’s back to colorful, exciting stuff

FROOT of the month was such a moment whew

It does make me wonder if she will follow the same strategy she did for FROOT and L+F and release a single every month until the album drops.

自由になる自由がある

1 hour ago, howtobeaheartbreaker said:

Imagine if Electra Heart was a side project and we were getting ample Marina music. I definitely think that something that stopped her creative processes back in the day are simply just label pushbacks lol

As far as I know it was her manager, the same one who didn't want Teen Idle on the album.

original.gif

1 hour ago, konnichiwalski said:

FROOT of the month was such a moment whew

It does make me wonder if she will follow the same strategy she did for FROOT and L+F and release a single every month until the album drops.

Froot of the month was my favorite album promo to date for any artist. Up there w 21P the way they make it all interactive. I still remember that era so vividly it was just anticipation for months. 

1 hour ago, vrtvie said:

As far as I know it was her manager, the same one who didn't want Teen Idle on the album.

Her manager doesn’t like suicide references. :willcut:

Lana Del Rey Ultraviolence GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

10 hours ago, moonchild13 said:

Can you imagine being this tasteless? :coffee:

At least he got fired shortly after. :candy: But I can see why an old white straight man wouldn't like it. Amazing that she even worked with him to begin with.

original.gif

3 hours ago, Dyl said:

It's interesting that she planned to release Man's World in April during Coachella given that the album wasn't even near being fully written, so I don't know what that says about her mindset in terms of a rollout. While I loved the Froot of the Month idea, I'm not sure if she would do it again per se, but I would love if she did do something unique again. (I thought the idea of releasing Love on its own before Fear was good). Regardless, I'm really hoping she continues this neon Greek aesthetic.

Also, on the topic of DieLife and other conversations on past pages, it's kind of interesting that people pan Love + Fear for being a last-minute "forced" concept when both Froot and Electra were not far from that (also The Family Jewels as a title is quite flimsy thematically). She has stated before that she kind of just made up Electra Heart because her label was pushing her to do collabs, and she constantly switches between "Electra is a vehicle for me to talk about..." to "Electra is a character". I know she and others have tried to spin a narrative for Electra, but like, it's really not present within the tracklist lmao Marina clearly always pulls something together kind of randomly based on what she's interested in at the time rather than having a really set and clear vision, which you can criticize, but I do think this is just a part of her artistry--not a new fault of hers as I find people's comments usually implying. Idk why I just wrote this whole essay but props to whoever read it all :hooker:

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore