Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

6 minutes ago, Loreen said:

I thought this was a legit one, it's not 320kbps tho

https://dbree.org/v/c31e2c

Yeah that one seems pretty legit. Sorry I edited my post I didn't mean to write that comment. I was referring to the P&C and S&P demos but I just realized they weren't tagged as 'OGs' 

R5sPD4M.jpg

4 hours ago, vrtvie said:

In fact, the Electra Heart concept was really broad and it touched upon different elements of the American culture as well as feminism; actually, the idea was not an ad hoc concept, Marina had its basics in mind before she even started writing songs like Bubblegum Bitch. Yes, tracks such as Power & Control were not meant for Electra Heart, but it is merely one of many songs on the album and it still fits one of the female archetypes.

The core of what I'm trying to get it is that the idea of splitting the songs into the Love + Fear categories was executed just as well as her concept of the Archetypes and Electra--sort of loosely and sporadically (you have to reach to make the visuals of EH feel coherent). I don't think her inability to go farther with either (due to lack of foresight or budget) is a fault, which is why it bothers me that the general perception of Marina the past few years has been that she suddenly lost the plot and just made a bunch of basic pop songs. People can argue on whether it was not a good decision to stick to simplistic pop production--and I would agree it was not--but she employed the same methods of building an era for L+F as she did her previous records. Electra Heart at the time was not universally loved as it is now. I guess I am just confused and in disagreement with the vibe people give off when discussing her work where they act like she suddenly flipped on her artistic vision and produced a flop era. 

Anyways, whoever put up that fake Froot demo can rot because I thought the 7 minute one she started to play in her livestream a bit ago had leaked.

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

I love marina when she is hating men, mans world is a massive bop. since her music pretty much defined the entirety of my teen years in a way which no other artist did, im happy she is back to releasing good music 

OK guys, could someone please confirm which OG (or higher quality) files and new demos are actually real from this last 24 hours leaks? 

I hate all these fanmade fake leaks

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

3 minutes ago, Shanice Jones said:

in other news

This gives me hope for another “froot of the month” type release plan YESSSSSSSSS. This is about to be so fun. She did a similar thing for froot with pics and stuff that fit the songs themes. 

13 hours ago, landeath said:

just checked and they're all real. also, the ''please don't call me final OG'' is actually another version for the song. my guess is that this one its really the final version. now we have demo 1, 2 and final!

-

zip with all of the tonight leaks

pt1

https://dbree.org/v/b8ac02

pt 2

https://dbree.org/v/1c3c8e

pt 3

https://dbree.org/v/457a21

11 hours ago, landeath said:

+ E.V.O.L. 24bit LOSSLESS, Miss Y (Demo 1), True Colours (Demo), Shampain (Shampain Sleeper Demo), I Am Not a Robot (Demo 1) and What You Waiting For? OG Files

https://dbree.org/v/8c49fa

Thank you! Will check em and update my library, I trust you know how to detect real lossless files and if there's an upscale in a lossy file.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

21 minutes ago, Yes To Heaven said:

WYTCA is a demo for "Forget" not a new song 

It could be possible that WYTAC was re-recorded into Forget in the last minute.
The list that the producer shared is the original  recording list, song by song. But in any moment Marina could've said "hey, I wanna re-record this one with different lyrics", the song might sound the same production wise but the lyrics might be completely different, who knows!

Let's expect it's new or at least, as you mention, a very initial Forget demo :D