Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

7 hours ago, wraith said:

There isn't a demo 2, it's just the album version in LQ 

Overall, there are a lot of fake demos that have passed around for years which are on masterposts, here's a list to help any of you who come across them.

Hollywood ("Infected Your Brain") - there is no leaked demo of this song, just the album version in LQ.

Guilty - again no leaked demo, just the album version in LQ and bits of it cut up.

The Outsider ("demo 2") - same as above, there is only one real demo of The Outsider.

I Am Not A Robot ("demo 2") - made with stems and autotune, the only real demo is the MySpace demo.

Obsessions - there is only one real demo which is the MySpace demo.

Hermit the Frog -  there is only one real demo which is the Mermaid Vs Sailor version.

Scab & Plaster ("demo 3") - a mix of demo 2 and the real demo 3 together. There are only 4 real Scab & Plaster demos incl. the final mix.

Mowgli's Road ("demo") - not really a demo, just the Neon Gold mix of the song.

Just some corrections: the Mowgli's Road demo exists. If you compare the neon gold mix (vinyl version) with it, you will realize that there's a lot of more bass and beats on neon's, especially at the bridge and outro. I believe it's actually one of the last mixes, we'll never know. Same for the demo 2 of ''Sex'', which has a raw production (and yes, we have it in high quality, not low) and Guilty, which has an extended chorus (1:07 for example) and a fade out ending.. Also there's a myspace demo of Hermit the Frog!

7qhp.gif

4 hours ago, landeath said:

Just some corrections: the Mowgli's Road demo exists. If you compare the neon gold mix (vinyl version) with it, you will realize that there's a lot of more bass and beats on neon's, especially at the bridge and outro. I believe it's actually one of the last mixes, we'll never know. Same for the demo 2 of ''Sex'', which has a raw production (and yes, we have it in high quality, not low) and Guilty, which has an extended chorus (1:07 for example) and a fade out ending.. Also there's a myspace demo of Hermit the Frog!

Interesting. I will need to check Sex Yeah and Mowglis again, I always just had a v LQ file of Sex Yeah and had MR down as an Early Mix. As for Guilty, Im pretty sure it’s fake. Back in the Marina Boards days we found out it was an edit uploaded to youtube in like 2010. The Hermit the Frog one, if you’re referring to this - https://dbree.org/v/e8e8e8 - you can achieve the same result by dragging the Mermaid Vs Sailor version into audacity and using the vocal removal feature and cutting out the bits that sounds like filters. https://dbree.org/v/ba61cb

Edit: yeah I was wrong about the Sex Yeah demo, it's difficult cause we don't have a lot of original sources for a lot of old Marina leaks since her myspace and old forums have all been shut down and we have lost a lot of information throughout the years. We spent a lot of time trying to debunk fakes and a lot of it is up for debate. I wouldn't really consider MR or Guilty demos however, just earlier mixes she previewed on her MySpace. 

3 hours ago, vrtvie said:

How come? TFJ is about her family issues, while solitaire is about her overcoming shyness and a feeling of being "worse" than the rest of the society, but still staying true to her introverted side. But yes, they both use diamond/crystal references.

I meant song structure, they virtually sound the same. Not in a bad way though, as I love both.

8 hours ago, landeath said:

Can you link me to the HQ demo 2 of Sex Yeah pls?

2 hours ago, Loreen said:

Does anyone have the vinyl version of MR? 

I do, it’s the repress tho not the original, idk if there’s any difference 

On 11/21/2020 at 3:29 PM, landeath said:

''Regarding MARINA's leaks from today:
- Jealousy ("Final") is fake, we discovered it's a remaster from SoundCloud by JhowCorrea
- Please Don't Call Me ("Final") is also fake and a remaster from SoundCloud by xcxprodz''

Delete those too. I really hate those idiots posting fake edits as ''leaks''.

You can also add EVOL, Just desserts, Miss Y final, Girls calm down LOSSLESS :facepalm: Not too sure about Girls fast car Lossless because it's almost identical with a file I already had in wav format

R5sPD4M.jpg

49 minutes ago, LanaRayDelMar said:

You can also add EVOL, Just desserts, Miss Y final, Girls calm down LOSSLESS :facepalm: Not too sure about Girls fast car Lossless because it's almost identical with a file I already had in wav format

Those are upscale!? 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde