Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

1 hour ago, LanaRayDelMar said:

Yep! I compared them to the originals and you can clearly see the artificial wavelengths

Bummer 

Thank you for veryfing them :)

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

23 hours ago, Loreen said:

Does anyone have the vinyl version of MR? 

https://dbree.org/v/fbc190

BTW, there are a lot of "new" HQ files and unmixed versions of FROOT songs, are they legit?

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

14 hours ago, lanaismamom said:

pls download it on dbree!

I have NO clue how that cesspool works. I keep clicking these Marina links and it gives me soooo many sketchy pop ups. I can def record it but wouldn’t SoundCloud work better? 

ADDITIONALLY!!! The slander on L+F has got to stop y’all. I’m listening to her again and lemme just say.... Orange Trees, Baby, End of the Earth, YOUUUU!, Karma...... most of the album is so fucking good y’all wtf there are sevERAL bops. 

16 hours ago, LanaRayDelMar said:

This is big, Fantano listed Man's World as one of the BEST tracks! Unsurprisingly, the Gershwin version of Summertime came in as one the WORST tracks.

I mean should we be surprised? Man’s World is a great song with a great feminist message. She went back to her FROOT sound and that’s all people want from Marina. On the other hand Summertime is an ugly ass cover that nobody was asking for.

6 hours ago, 13 Bitches said:

does anyone have Baby solo in HQ? I only have a MQ vinyl rip 

Here: https://dbree.org/v/bc8285

Well, this version does not have the intro featured in the vinyl, but it's HQ, and it's the one I'm using.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

7 hours ago, Dyl said:

I have NO clue how that cesspool works. I keep clicking these Marina links and it gives me soooo many sketchy pop ups. I can def record it but wouldn’t SoundCloud work better? 

ADDITIONALLY!!! The slander on L+F has got to stop y’all. I’m listening to her again and lemme just say.... Orange Trees, Baby, End of the Earth, YOUUUU!, Karma...... most of the album is so fucking good y’all wtf there are sevERAL bops. 

ok soundcloud is good too! 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

6 hours ago, moonchild13 said:

Here: https://dbree.org/v/bc8285

Well, this version does not have the intro featured in the vinyl, but it's HQ, and it's the one I'm using.

this is fanmade right? iirc the solo version had different vocals in the second prechorus when she said "but I'm already someone else's baby" @ 1:33 in your file

thank you anyways! this'll do

15 minutes ago, howtobeaheartbreaker said:

Since Electra Heart is very 2012, I wonder how it would sound if it was created in 2020. PC Music maybe? Lol.

EH had a very mainstream sound wheres PC music is not mainstream at all. It would probably be on the disco-pop trend that going on rn.

自由になる自由がある

13 minutes ago, howtobeaheartbreaker said:

Since Electra Heart is very 2012, I wonder how it would sound if it was created in 2020. PC Music maybe? Lol.

Probably Billie Eilish alike.

original.gif

15 minutes ago, partymonster said:

i have a question for older fans, afaik marina gained most of her following during electra heart? did people find her through the electra heart tumblr acc or just on youtube or something

I found her in 2012 because she was recommended as a similar artist to Lana. The two of them were always being compared. I was also seeing a lot of praise in the "alt-pop" scene for Electra Heart. Don't remember exactly where, but it wasn't on tumblr.