Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

3 hours ago, Party Favor said:

You have no taste in you don’t like blue, but not shocking given the constant bad opinions in this thread :typewriter:

girl you aint got no taste if you like L+F. Bye. 

I said what I said. I'd trade L+F, Mans World, and MOST of Froot for TFJ and Electra Heart. (And so would the record companies, based on commercial performance) 

tenor.gif?itemid=5135435

7338e157b4b318699b988ced0289df17.gif

15 hours ago, drewby said:

Worst songs on Froot? Savages. Would be Weeds if it didn't have good verses

hell no. Savages is one of the best

giphy.gif

55 minutes ago, pinupgirls said:

I said what I said. I'd trade L+F, Mans World, and MOST of Froot for TFJ and Electra Heart. (And so would the record companies, based on commercial performance) 

I reckon FROOT would perform much, much better should it have been promoted properly. Marina handled the single choices herself and didn't care about the chart performance at all, at least that's what she said at the very beginning of the campaign. Was there even any commercial made for FROOT? Because marketing strategy of both TFJ and EH was quite big.

original.gif

3 minutes ago, vrtvie said:

I reckon FROOT would perform much, much better should it have been promoted properly. Marina handled the single choices herself and didn't care about the chart performance at all, at least that's what she said at the very beginning of the campaign. Was there even any commercial made for FROOT? Because marketing strategy of both TFJ and EH was quite big.

No you're definitely right. Electra Heart easily had the most commercial push, but if you laid all the albums in front of me and told me to guess which one would perform the best, I would pick Electra Heart everytime. 

What the fuck is wrong with y’all:smh:damn people here have very bad taste.. Am I the only one that loves Weeds? The lyrics “I miss all of my exes” hit me every time:poordat:  Forget, Savages, Immortal have such deep meanings, she will never top that level of songwriting. but FROOT in general is an underrated masterpiece. Can’t believe she wrote everything in less than a year. What a cohesive body of work:gclap: Visuals were also on point during this era! fa4dc384e5efa6787f14600f4f22ca74.giftumblr_nl0q52AxFG1twzupyo1_500.giftumblr_nzgnw0nMtO1uoh6kuo3_1280.gifvS1AW.gif

46 minutes ago, Life said:

did I say that? no I did not.

:cuteface:
it’s not her most inventive though, let’s be real.

AMEN! Like I love Forget and will listen to it, but still its not anything I haven't seen before. I'm just used to Marina having lyrics that are just, ugh, idk, amazing. 

Can y'all please explain why y'all dislike Gold so much... Honestly I don't find any defect on the track. Tender and catchy production, nice vocals, empowered and mature lyrics... 

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

4 minutes ago, Loreen said:

Can y'all please explain why y'all dislike Gold so much... Honestly I don't find any defect on the track. Tender and catchy production, nice vocals, empowered and mature lyrics... 

I completely agree. I find myself singing the chorus alot out of nowhere for some reason! Its catchy. Gold is MUCH better than Weeds. 

Also when I say I like this song over that, I still love them all. I'm a huge fan of Marina and always have been. I just have favorites and ones I like better. 

9 minutes ago, pinupgirls said:

I completely agree. I find myself singing the chorus alot out of nowhere for some reason! Its catchy. Gold is MUCH better than Weeds. 

Also when I say I like this song over that, I still love them all. I'm a huge fan of Marina and always have been. I just have favorites and ones I like better. 

Gold, to me, is better than certain songs on FROOT because again: I don't find a single flaw on it. I for example understand why some fans dislike Forget because sonically is not... Loveable at first listen, or with Weeds because the lyrics are mediocre

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup: