Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

I don't really get the hate for Weeds tho

Tbh, I never was a fan of Gold but I never hated it either. However, when Saviour leaked, I listened to the whole album + INHA, Saviour and something clicked for me and Gold became likeable lmao

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

With all this talk about the worst track on FROOT, I'm really surprised Better Than That, by far the weakest track on the album (to me) hasn't really been discussed.  

I love Gold, I love the lyrics of Weeds but sonically it feels a bit empty.  Not a bad song but not my favorite

FROOT is truly musical and visual perfection in Marina's world. A diamond. I always ask myself the question "why doesn't it work more than that?"

In fact I'm frustrated when I see that this artist is so transparent, no it's really unfair.

Man's world is very good and the views don't take off, grrrrr I don't know what Marina has to do to have a minimum of success, I think she doesn't care today but it still breaks my heart, the same thing when Electra Heart went completely unnoticed while in the top 3 of the best pop albums of the 2010s, hands down.

Coming back to FROOT, this album is so good. I regret that this is the last "and The Diamonds", I hope that she will not completely remove all the rather crazy musical touches that were her trademark on her new album and that L + F so lacked.

Even Weeds and Gold are little nuggets over time I've grown to appreciate them as I skipped them before. :wub:

On 12/25/2020 at 9:29 AM, vrtvie said:

The instrumentalisation of Gold is just weird to many people's ears. I also find it hard to enjoy the song.

i mean, same. gold and solitaire i've barely gone back to.

On 12/26/2020 at 7:06 PM, Bloody Valentine said:

Gold slaps. The fuck are you all on about?

I will not accept all this slander towards Gold.

rceikjk.gif

One of her career highlights. Original, innovative and impeccably executed, so geeky, so Marina. Absolutely one of my favourites from her.

I have FROOT set up so that INHA follows Immortal, Saviour is subsequent to INHA, and True Colours is the album closer. I think the way the end of the song kinda sounds like an amp turning off or like the actual closing of the record makes it feel like an earned closing.

Better than That is the weakest song of the album and y'all can't change that. Scrapping Saviour and True Colors were a choice 'cause True Colors definitely sounds like a great ending of the era itself, don't care about letting INHA paying dust, the bridge is the only highlight of it.

On 12/26/2020 at 3:41 AM, cory said:

With all this talk about the worst track on FROOT, I'm really surprised Better Than That, by far the weakest track on the album (to me) hasn't really been discussed.  

imagine thinking this... she was literally channeling Tori Amos 'Cornflake Girl' spirit in that one

15 minutes ago, glitch diva said:

Better than That is the weakest song of the album and y'all can't change that. Scrapping Saviour and True Colors were a choice 'cause True Colors definitely sounds like a great ending of the era itself, don't care about letting INHA paying dust, the bridge is the only highlight of it.

Better Than That is a mood, but it's by no means the weakest on that album.