Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

1 hour ago, glitch diva said:

Better than That is the weakest song of the album and y'all can't change that. Scrapping Saviour and True Colors were a choice 'cause True Colors definitely sounds like a great ending of the era itself, don't care about letting INHA paying dust, the bridge is the only highlight of it.

Better Than That is one of the highlights of FROOT what are u even saying:deadbanana: The bridge and the shade towards Ellie Goulding are so iconic

3 hours ago, Life said:

i think everyone still has that feeling deep down really.

:oic2:

I know she denied it but I mean, I wouldn't actually think she'd admit it. I like to think Marinas the kind of person who play it down but its a TOTAL slight against her :omfg:

7338e157b4b318699b988ced0289df17.gif

Y'all shaming on Weeds, Gold, Better Than That and Forget when Blue exists. The NERVE :coffee:

But yeah, I'm Not Hungry Anymore, Saviour and True Colours are a great addition as a fanmade deluxe. The album is even better with them added.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

As much as I love most of Marinas stuff (except L+f. I HATE IT) I really miss Electra Heart. It really made a mark on me and I was so into the story. 

I guess I just really like concept albums from Born to Die, to Electra Heart, to Dua Lipa's Future Nostalgia even. I like when a specific story is told through a line of similar visuals, kinda like a movie. I don't know why, I guess because I'm gay lol. It seems like artists do a concept album and its usually successful and then they never do it again. 

I wonder if it has something do with the label wanting to establish them as artists and set themselves apart and when they've "made it" they can just do whatever music they truly want too. 

I really got lost in this glitzy but moderny vintage housewife vibe that was Electra Heart. I relate to that because my mom was like that. I miss it. 

tumblr_mr9l6r6HRB1ry0jmro1_500.gif

90eb76c422c217d2efd2d97116dc8f359099213d

original.gif

how are y'all bashing this Nobel, Pulitzer, GRAMMY winning poem??? 

anyways better than that, weeds, savages are The 3 Skippa-forgetables <3

Spoiler
Forget, forget
Forget, forget
Ain't no time for regret
Yeah, it's time to be letting go
Oh, baby you know
What I'm talking about
Got nothing to lose and nothing to prove
Oh, baby, I'm bowing out
Out, I'm bowing out

Yeah, I've been dancing with the devil
I love that he pretends to care
If I'll ever get to heaven
When a million dollars gets you there
Oh, all the time that I have wasted
Chasing rabbits down a hole
When I was born to be the tortoise
I was born to walk alone
Forget about it
Forget about it
Forget about it
Forget, forget
Forget, forget

Ain't no time for regret
I'm gonna leave the past behind
I've had enough, I'm breaking free
No pressing stop, erase, rewind
That chain of thought that followed me
I've put my money where my mouth is
For the first time in my life
I've made mistakes but I believe that
Everything was worth the fight
'Cause in the end, the road is long
But only cause it makes you strong
It's filled with peaks and twists and turns
Sometimes you have to learn to forget about it

Ugh, she's losing momentum with her lack of promo and updates 

If I were here I would have released a live version on YouTube and a bunch of remixes of Man's World. 

I miss her TFJ and EH promo days full of acoustics, remixes, bsides, covers, alternate versions, etc. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

20 hours ago, pinupgirls said:

As much as I love most of Marinas stuff (except L+f. I HATE IT) I really miss Electra Heart. It really made a mark on me and I was so into the story. 

I guess I just really like concept albums from Born to Die, to Electra Heart, to Dua Lipa's Future Nostalgia even. I like when a specific story is told through a line of similar visuals, kinda like a movie. I don't know why, I guess because I'm gay lol. It seems like artists do a concept album and its usually successful and then they never do it again. 

I wonder if it has something do with the label wanting to establish them as artists and set themselves apart and when they've "made it" they can just do whatever music they truly want too. 

I really got lost in this glitzy but moderny vintage housewife vibe that was Electra Heart. I relate to that because my mom was like that. I miss it. 

tumblr_mr9l6r6HRB1ry0jmro1_500.gif

90eb76c422c217d2efd2d97116dc8f359099213d

original.gif

I’m so sorry but Future Nostalgia will never be at the same level of Born to Die and Electra Heart... They have such deep and unique concepts meanwhile FN is just a disco insipired album :biblio:

3 hours ago, 5adboy said:

I’m so sorry but Future Nostalgia will never be at the same level of Born to Die and Electra Heart... They have such deep and unique concepts meanwhile FN is just a disco insipired album :biblio:

I do agree with you! I was just using it more as a basic pop concept album. Electra Heart and Born To Die clearly win, hints why I'm on LanaBoards and not DuaBoards :kiss:

8 hours ago, 5adboy said:

sorry but how is born to die a concept album? it’s just a sad songs inspired album :biblio:

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

13 hours ago, Roger said:

Ugh, she's losing momentum with her lack of promo and updates 

If I were here I would have released a live version on YouTube and a bunch of remixes of Man's World. 

I miss her TFJ and EH promo days full of acoustics, remixes, bsides, covers, alternate versions, etc. 

exactly. What was fun about Marina was that she built an entire world around her music and implemented so many elements on her eras up to the point that they felt really vibrant and vivid. Now it's like "oh cool new music" and that's probably where it ends :c

4 hours ago, Nightmare said:

sorry but how is born to die a concept album? it’s just a sad songs inspired album :biblio:

yeah BTD is really great but it's just like FN, it has a strong distinct sound and a bunch of songs attached to that sound with no storyline whatsoever...

2 hours ago, HANGINGFROOT said:

yeah BTD is really great but it's just like FN, it has a strong distinct sound and a bunch of songs attached to that sound with no storyline whatsoever...

this. there's just a general vibe and some recurrent themes but it's nowhere near a concept album LMAO

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever