Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

7 hours ago, californianfreak said:

So not sure if you guys already know but it looks like there is going to be another 7" vinyl boxset like FROOT which will be released with a Marinazine for every vinyl!!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJWUeIYnD3M/

Idk her wording makes it seem like there’s gonna be a few marinazines released as a set, just at the same time as the mans world vinyls are shipped 

but maybe it’s gonna be a zine&vinyl collection??? idk she’s not very clear :crai:

Was listening to some Marina last night and put on Starring Role. Something about the lines "You don't love me / Big fucking deal / I'll never tell you how I feel" just feels so punchy yet sad. I love it a lot :xcry:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

1 hour ago, Bunny Mozart said:

Was listening to some Marina last night and put on Starring Role. Something about the lines "You don't love me / Big fucking deal / I'll never tell you how I feel" just feels so punchy yet sad. I love it a lot :xcry:

I FREAKING ADORE THAT LINE. Also the one about "I send my best regards from hell" 

7338e157b4b318699b988ced0289df17.gif

30 minutes ago, KeybladeMeister said:

The Black Teeth Remix of Mowgli's Road still slaps....whew! 

I miss how much we were fed during her debut era
6 singles with many remixes, acoustics, B-Sides, covers, official music videos
Never forget all those pro-filmed live performances during festivals and whatnot.

During Electra Heart she kinda did the same, but I feel that somehow 679 managed her better on her debut than when Atlantic tried to give her a big push to the mainstream.

Neon Gold is always flawless but I feel like somehow they are always stopped by Atlantic in releasing stuff for the fans due to licensing and that kind of legal shit.

PS. My favorite Marina remix has always been the How to Dress Well one, wish Marina could cover that cover haha

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

the promotion of TFJ was really insane especially given how quirky and little commercial the album was. it's no wonder she was disappointed with a lack of fame in the states just because of a different label issues.

original.gif

So many supposed demos snippets on dbree (a second Eternity remix, Savages demo, another Handmade Heaven demo, the 90s Karma Demo, Net Curtains, Better Than That demo...)

Who knows which of them are real and which are fake?

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

11 minutes ago, vrtvie said:

the promotion of TFJ was really insane especially given how quirky and little commercial the album was. it's no wonder she was disappointed with a lack of fame in the states just because of a different label issues.

Well, she aimed way too high considering how timeless the production of the album is (compared to the very current EH sound or the easy-to-the-ear pop of FROOT), it was way too ahead for it's time and I'm pretty sure if it was released at least 5 years later it would've smashed.

27 minutes ago, Roger said:

So many supposed demos snippets on dbree (a second Eternity remix, Savages demo, another Handmade Heaven demo, the 90s Karma Demo, Net Curtains, Better Than That demo...)

Who knows which of them are real and which are fake?

afaik the HH demo is real, idk about Savages and BTT demos.

I think Net Curtains is fake

Pretty sure her response on IG means they'll either be several zines dropping at once or that you'll be able to buy a 7" with the zine and another piece of merch. I don't think she's gonna release the whole album on 7" singles again

BzhmW.png

16 hours ago, Nightmare said:

sorry but how is born to die a concept album? it’s just a sad songs inspired album :biblio:

Now that I think of it, I think everyone got the strong sound and aesthetics of BTD confused with being a concept album/storyline. 

Half the album fits into a fictional storyline full of unpredictable turns and death at any corner (OTTR, National Anthem, Diet Mountain Dew, Dark Paradise, Carmen, Million Dollar Man) but the other half is slipped in as Lana's actual story, not really a concept (BTD, Blue Jeans, Video Games, Radio, Summertime Sadness, TIWMUG). It's just the big production that makes it all fit together. 

If it's not a froot style 7" vinyl release, I think we will still get one vinyl for every single from the album and an accompanying zine. We know there will be multiple zines, and as the zines seem to be about the single they are released with it could suggest that there will be multiple 7" vinyls. Maybe it won't be the entire album on the singles but I think it'll be a good proportion of the album? Anyway that was just my interpretation so hopefully these won't be my famous last words :toofunny: 

giphy.gif ldrclashsmall3.png