MARINA (and The Diamonds)

4 minutes ago, Life said:

it really, really didn’t.

:cuteface:

i said what i said u bitch

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

20 minutes ago, Loreen said:

Speaking of Bad Kidz, it deseved Guilty's spot :trisha:

Guilty is my second favorite track of the album, the production is nuts. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

6 minutes ago, Roger said:

Guilty is my second favorite track of the album, the production is nuts. 

I also love its production and how intense and spooky the track is but I consider Guilty the weakest song on that album. Bad Kidz and SATW were stronger than some tracks

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

although l+f was not the best ... the rollout was half decent. from the release of HH we got superstar 3 weeks later, then orange trees another 3 weeks later, then we didn't have to wait long for all of love to be released then it was less than a month til we got fear. even though froot of the month dragged a bit, we knew how it all worked. 

this time we have no idea how long we are going to have to wait between singles but it's getting a bit annoying seeing as normally the single releases are planned out properly beforehand. i'm hoping we get a new single soon as the stripped and remixes are not that interesting. i guess because the album hasn't been finished production wise (maybe it has by now?) it's going to take a little longer so we have to put up with a longer rollout for now.

On 1/15/2021 at 1:28 PM, Yosemite said:

For the 7'' vinyl?

I'm almost sure it's either Man's World (Stripped) or that MUNA Remix

Of she puts the Muna remix on the B side I’m never going to flip it over lol. I saw muna open and I loved them, but I don’t like the remix too much, maybe I just need to listen a few more times 

2 hours ago, Dyl said:

Of she puts the Muna remix on the B side I’m never going to flip it over lol. I saw muna open and I loved them, but I don’t like the remix too much, maybe I just need to listen a few more times 

girl don't force yourself...

does anyone have a version of Mermaid V Sailor that doesn't sound so unbalanced?  i used to have one (although it might've been fanmade) but i haven't found it in forever and i wanna hear Daddy Was A Sailor in listenable quality again :(

tumblr_inline_q2nkwneCwi1wb35v4_1280.png

Got a devil on my back as a tribute to my mother

What actual proof we have of the next album? Except for the fact that we know she's writing it, has she ever said anything else? 

I thought that with Man's World it meant that something was coming but 2 months have passed and we have 0 news. At this point I'm thinking it was a random single just to grab some $$$

13.04.2018 Rome - Lana wore my hat! 

Dying by the hand of a foreign man, Happily
Calling out my name in the summer rain, Ciao amore

31 minutes ago, Fireffie said:

What actual proof we have of the next album? Except for the fact that we know she's writing it, has she ever said anything else? 

I thought that with Man's World it meant that something was coming but 2 months have passed and we have 0 news. At this point I'm thinking it was a random single just to grab some $$$

well, for a start there's a second track on the vinyl coming out in March so we are getting more/it wasn't "just to grab some".

2 minutes ago, Life said:

well, for a start there's a second track on the vinyl coming out in March so we are getting more/it wasn't "just to grab some".

Really hoping it's an actual track and not the remix </3

50 minutes ago, Fireffie said:

She said in this Nov. interview that the writing was done and she was going through the production stage. I forget where, but she had also mentioned that she had planned to release "Man's World" during her spring 2020 tour that was cancelled. So the single was always meant to be a sort of promo track rather than a proper lead single (given that if the pandemic had not happened, we would've gotten the song long before she was even near finishing writing). From the way she's spoken of things, I have to assume she's aiming for an early summer release, but we'll see.

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

4 minutes ago, Formation said:

She said in this Nov. interview that the writing was done and she was going through the production stage. I forget where, but she had also mentioned that she had planned to release "Man's World" during her spring 2020 tour that was cancelled. So the single was always meant to be a sort of promo track rather than a proper lead single (given that if the pandemic had not happened, we would've gotten the song long before she was even near finishing writing). From the way she's spoken of things, I have to assume she's aiming for an early summer release, but we'll see.

Oh ok, yeah now it makes more sense! Thank you!! 

Well definitely it wasn't a lead single, that's why her team didn't care about it charting. Interesting what she has in store... just deliver it already girl.

original.gif

1 hour ago, vrtvie said:

Well definitely it wasn't a lead single, that's why her team didn't care about it charting. Interesting what she has in store... just deliver it already girl.

she’s not someone that really gives a shit about “charting” any more, honestly.

:w8ing:

it’s not like she could have done much with restrictions anyway.

14 minutes ago, Life said:

she’s not someone that really gives a shit about “charting” any more, honestly.

:w8ing:

it’s not like she could have done much with restrictions anyway.

i know, but there was absolutely zero promotion. she always promotes at least one single. l+f focused on orange trees, froot had i'm a ruin premiered on a radio.

original.gif

40 minutes ago, vrtvie said:

i know, but there was absolutely zero promotion. she always promotes at least one single. l+f focused on orange trees, froot had i'm a ruin premiered on a radio.

in different times, m’love.