Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

i love love LOVE pabllo, shes one of my top artists every year

but honestly, i dont see how pabllo and marina can mash together in a song....

im afraid of what will come of this remix

𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖚𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖎'𝖉 𝖇𝖊 𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝖎𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖑𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖜𝖆𝖞

Pabllo is too flashy for my taste, I bet the remix will slap tho, I believe it will be a very dancey version.

So the album is being finished, I hope the second single comes along with the album announcement.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

Well, I have overplayed the main version of Man's World so I'll take anything. I hope the remix is good

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

56 minutes ago, Loreen said:

Well, I have overplayed the main version of Man's World so I'll take anything. I hope the remix is good

It has to be... at least the only other remix released is good af.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

5 hours ago, glitch diva said:

Isn't Pabllo a cis gay man? lol........

yeah but i think that the meaning of the track is more than just “oh i don’t wanna live in a world with man” 

i think that what she means with this track is that she doesn’t wanna live in a world with toxic masculinity and where everyone but the straight white hetero rich men are f*cked

theres even the part where she talks about the sheik that “killed thousands of gay men”

maybe that’s why marina chose specifically pabllo for the remix, so that people can understand the wider meaning of the song

𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖚𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖎'𝖉 𝖇𝖊 𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝖎𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖑𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖜𝖆𝖞

6 hours ago, glitch diva said:

Isn't Pabllo a cis gay man? lol........

"Take me back to the origins of “Man’s World.” Was it inspired by any particular idea or event? 

I wrote it last summer in August. I’d already decided I was gonna write this new record alone, and the process felt like a reaction to what I had previously released, which is often the case. Each record I do is sort of like the opposite of the previous one. At the time I was mostly inspired by the shifts that are happening for people who are discriminated against. The original idea for the song was to write a snapshot of how women and LGBTQ+ individuals have been subjugated and discriminated against throughout history going back to the Salem witch trials, where any person who was deemed abnormal or slightly alternative was singled out. Those kinds of patterns are still present in society. That’s something inspiring to me and worth writing about."

7 minutes ago, Loreen said:

"Take me back to the origins of “Man’s World.” Was it inspired by any particular idea or event? 

I wrote it last summer in August. I’d already decided I was gonna write this new record alone, and the process felt like a reaction to what I had previously released, which is often the case. Each record I do is sort of like the opposite of the previous one. At the time I was mostly inspired by the shifts that are happening for people who are discriminated against. The original idea for the song was to write a snapshot of how women and LGBTQ+ individuals have been subjugated and discriminated against throughout history going back to the Salem witch trials, where any person who was deemed abnormal or slightly alternative was singled out. Those kinds of patterns are still present in society. That’s something inspiring to me and worth writing about."

This.

Also, the song isn’t about hating men lmao it’s about hating this world where if you’re not a white straight cis-man, then you don’t got many chances to be successful. It’s a diss on society as a whole bc we are all to blame

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

Now that I'm thinking about M5, she said this record is sociopolitical which kinda worries me because when she goes political... well...

However, she wrote Sex Yeah and Man's World, meaning that she actually can make good woke or political songs after all (althot idk if sex yeah is political but anywaes)... Plus, she wrote this new album by her own and Jack isn't involved on the production so I got my hopes up :defeated:

21 hours ago, AKASAKA SAWAYAMA said:

It's just a remix............. can y'all calm down............

The way we get overly excited over nothing. We been starving for too long.

lIVh2Y0.gif

ddbf9f67d5d606fd309eba5825b44324b0a60919

God's dead, I said, "Baby, that's alright with me"

1 minute ago, new gods said:

isn't she still working on the album? idk why artists put out singles for albums that haven't even been finished that's guaranteed to be a mess

Or put out like 5 singles in a 6 month period and then 3 months later releasing a 10 track album. ?

Lana Del Rey Ultraviolence GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY