Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

15 minutes ago, OverYourHead said:

I mean I haven’t even noticed this album rollout is taking a while, I had just assumed Mans World was a random single and I honestly didn’t even expect an album this year, I’m quite happy with the way things are going tbh but then again I didn’t hate L+F like a lot of y’all do??‍♂️

as much as I hate lf and think Marina has dropped the ball on being an artist, I haven’t noticed either TBH 

like we’re in a pandemic and it will be a whole year before we can actually go back to normal so what’s the point of having a tight release schedule... who cares? we’re in no rush at all for new music

It would be nice tho if she released INHA as a stand alone thingy to fill the void while we’re waiting for M5 especially since RSD is around the corner 

15 hours ago, Escapism said:

anyway since theres no new news yet i would just like to say that...homewrecker, teen idle, and votd ? deserved a primadonna esque video treatment. idc how many years it’s been since electra hearts death dig that bitch up from her grave and give it to me!!!!

The way Electra died without releasing something for VOTD and Teen Idle really hurts me but tbh I think the era went the way it should've gone. She showed her brightness, her dark side, her level. She served emotional feelings, signature and a feel of sadness in the way the era should have ended. Marina did every step perfectly. No one can serve an era like she did at the time

33 minutes ago, LunaeManifestum said:

The way Electra died without releasing something for VOTD and Teen Idle really hurts me but tbh I think the era went the way it should've gone. She showed her brightness, her dark side, her level. She served emotional feelings, signature and a feel of sadness in the way the era should have ended. Marina did every step perfectly. No one can serve an era like she did at the time

The fact that Electra died by sleeping pills and she didn’t make a VOTD mv is just... There was so much there.

I actually think there was a lot more potential in Electra Heart visually that she just didn’t go through with (especially when it comes to the archetypes since we didn’t really get much for housewife and teen idle). Budget might be an issue as well, of course. But some songs that she used her budget for didn’t really give us anything *story* wise. I always felt like after SUBARBIEA her vision for EH that she had kinda died.

Not to say the videos after aren’t good or don’t have depth but parts 1-5 definitely had more of a focus on the idea of taking these archetypes, this character, and trying to understand them- a study in identity and illusion if you will. 

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

1 hour ago, Escapism said:

The fact that Electra died by sleeping pills and she didn’t make a VOTD mv is just... There was so much there.

I actually think there was a lot more potential in Electra Heart visually that she just didn’t go through with (especially when it comes to the archetypes since we didn’t really get much for housewife and teen idle). Budget might be an issue as well, of course. But some songs that she used her budget for didn’t really give us anything *story* wise. I always felt like after SUBARBIEA her vision for EH that she had kinda died.

Not to say the videos after aren’t good or don’t have depth but parts 1-5 definitely had more of a focus on the idea of taking these archetypes, this character, and trying to understand them- a study in identity and illusion if you will. 

Oh I see u made a big point...

She literally left undone stitches with that era...

8 hours ago, Escapism said:

Electra Heart has GREAT aesthetics and visuals, both in video form and pictures, but has no actual story 

like we actually known nothing about EH besides from the fact that she died which is something that Marina said AFTER the whole thing was done

all the videos are inconclusive and stand-alone and have no connection to each other 

it’s a shame cause she could’ve done an actual story like Cry Baby or Kid A but at the same time I don’t care 

8 hours ago, LunaeManifestum said:

Kinda random but did we ever get the song that Marina captioned as “emotional machine” in a post but had a completely different melody and it was with a weird instrument? It was like way at the beginning of the era nothing had been announced yet 

4 hours ago, Charlottexseax said:

Kinda random but did we ever get the song that Marina captioned as “emotional machine” in a post but had a completely different melody and it was with a weird instrument? It was like way at the beginning of the era nothing had been announced yet 

These?

https://krakenfiles.com/view/be6a63705f/file.html

https://krakenfiles.com/view/66cfaf5908/file.html

I am cautiously optimistic, I believe she is taking a little bit (or way) longer because she is ACTUALLY the main producer or co-producer of the whole album and she is really hands on on the making of the album, the sound, the mixing and etc. The way she wasn't on L+F (it was a cute experiment on being on the passenger seat instead of behind the wheel, that's it).

Either way, I will never forgive her for making the MUNA remix the b-side and make us all wait so long to reveal that. It's a great remix tho, but still... Thank god I waited for the reveal and didn't spend a coin, it was too good to be true.

She should learn from Aly & AJ, they are releasing and album next month and  they have released 3 singles in the last 5 months and every single has been released on vinyl, each one with an exclusive b-side (either an outtake or a cover). I believe MARINA is someone who actually records more songs than she reveals or releases, ugh. God bless the leakers.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

4 minutes ago, Angelic Tropico said:

I dont think anything ever leaked which is a shame because I really like it. A fan made this tho so at least we have something https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/zCwnh

They must have been really really proto demos, like when there was no idea of LF, etc...

but I’m sure there’s SOMETHING out there, cause we have gotten a lot of leaks from that period so where are those?

7 hours ago, Charlottexseax said:
Electra Heart has GREAT aesthetics and visuals, both in video form and pictures, but has no actual story 

like we actually known nothing about EH besides from the fact that she died which is something that Marina said AFTER the whole thing was done

all the videos are inconclusive and stand-alone and have no connection to each other 

it’s a shame cause she could’ve done an actual story like Cry Baby or Kid A but at the same time I don’t care  

i dont think there’s a storyline in the same way as cry baby but i do think there is a little something there, especially chronologically where we see marina transition into this character (cutting her hair in pt 1, putting on the blonde wig in pt 2 and seemingly running away to become a new person, pt 3 recognizing that shes electra heart now, and pt 4 and 5 is her living the life of electra and exploring these female archetypes).  obviously the videos after subarbiea are her playing the electra heart character too but the concept of exploring these archetypes seemed to die. which is a real shame since she had so much going for it as seen by the casper balslev shoot and her iconic tumblr and seemingly so much inspiration (marilyn, cindy, britney, sylvia, old hollywood, americana, old films shows and books, etc.) were endless.

anyway sorry for my rambling sksks the electra heart aesthetic was just...untouchable! 
lana and marina really need to take some notes from ms melanie tho cause as amusing as it is to see her use everything she has at least we see her attempting to use all her potential 

when will lana and marina make a vinyl ep of extra songs that didnt get physical releases from their era?? evol, just desserts, living dead, eh, lhc, and bts are just collecting dust and for what??? for what???? 

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

Suddenly I woke up today feeling extra enthusiastic about her album :hype: I hope she officially announces it soon. Something tells me it can't be that far away.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

4 hours ago, Glitter Boy said:

Suddenly I woke up today feeling extra enthusiastic about her album :hype: I hope she officially announces it soon. Something tells me it can't be that far away.

She's dropping the new single into few weeks, that's sure. I hope it's Venus Fly Trap because that's the best snipped she teased so far

6 hours ago, Charlottexseax said:

They must have been really really proto demos, like when there was no idea of LF, etc...

but I’m sure there’s SOMETHING out there, cause we have gotten a lot of leaks from that period so where are those?

TOTALLY unrelated but did you like Man's World? 

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

1 hour ago, Loreen said:

She's dropping the new single into few weeks, that's sure. I hope it's Venus Fly Trap because that's the best snipped she teased so far

TOTALLY unrelated but did you like Man's World? 

I listened to it on repeat the other day !! For like 10 times...

I think the song itself is good but the production is too generic (tho not as generic as LF, but still) and it could really use something more alternative... I truly think her production peaked with FROOT cause it suits her voice perfectly and I kinda like that synth pop/borderline dream pop vibe 

but yeah I did like it overall it’s a good song (and it’s also pretentious with the lyrics which is definitely Marina)