Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

I missed this Marina so much, the vibrant and cheeky vibes (not a fan of the lyrics either but the sound is enough for me) I'm really happy she managed to find her sound again :wub:

Those summer nights seem long ago
And so is the girl you used to call
The queen of New York City

Savages little sister is here. :bop: I don't get your comparisons to TFJ, it has nothing to do with that, except maybe some lyrics, the instrumentals and vocal delivery are totally FROOTesque, like Savages, Forget, Better Than That. And I love to see it, her best album getting a sequel methinks :flutter: haven't been this excited for a Marina release since...ever, L+F did not create the same hype in me like my Froot obsession did

Lyrics much better than I expected! The only problematic line I find is the Britney one and "solitude is coming, everybody knew" like what is that supposed to do ??? 

original.gif

Marina has literally written a song saying she's "NoT lIkE tHe oThEr GiRlS" because she doesn't eat yoghurt and y'all are complaining about these lyrics being corny... Marina IS corny lol 

I really liked mans world and I managed to find a couple 10/15 second snippets of the latest single and it seems really good to! Can’t wait to hear the whole thing tomorrow 

"Don’t forget me"

41 minutes ago, Charlottexseax said:

Marina has literally written a song saying she's "NoT lIkE tHe oThEr GiRlS" because she doesn't eat yoghurt and y'all are complaining about these lyrics being corny... Marina IS corny lol 

Cause marina fans will always need to find something to complain about... 

j14CYJi.png

Her stans are never happy ‘ this song is boring and generic the lyrics are meaningless and about a relationship that’s so uninspired’ ....‘This song has TOO much meaning it’s all political’. Like what do you want? A song about orgies with Cardi B?

anyways I love some of the lyrics ‘ God forgive America for every single war‘ someone speaking the TRUTH about America being the problem finally. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

1 hour ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Her stans are never happy ‘ this song is boring and generic the lyrics are meaningless and about a relationship that’s so uninspired’ ....‘This song has TOO much meaning it’s all political’. Like what do you want? A song about orgies with Cardi B?

anyways I love some of the lyrics ‘ God forgive America for every single war‘ someone speaking the TRUTH about America being the problem finally. 

Happy to not call myself a stan, but all I want is some well written phrases. I completely agree with her themes, but the way some of her songs (and the two of her fifth album we already have) are written are not my cup of tea. But that's it.

And the line you mention is :oprah: :legend: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

Haven't heard the song yet but ugh, another song with "woke" lyrics and major cringe. I guess I would have enjoyed this during my man-hating radical feminist phase, but now I'm just kinda over this stuff. I'm glad she's not being bland and uninspired with her writing, so I give her credit for that at least. It's funny though that some people think she's being so subversive and edgy when literally everything she said is the dominant (and only acceptable) opinion right now.

Edit: listened the the song and man...that wasn't good either. It's another miss for me. Loving the visuals from this era but prepared to be majorly disappointed by this album. :crai:

let me be who i'm meant to be