Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

1 minute ago, caughtuboy said:

Anyone have thoughts on Happy Loner and Pink Convertible, the snippets we already got?

My guess is that, based on the lyrics and titles, Pink Convertible ended up being Ancient Dreams In a Modern Land while Happy Loner ended up being I Love You But I Love Me More. If either of these don't end up on the album in some form I'll be so fkn sad. Happy Loner especially! It sounds so beautiful.

I hate it when she teases new stuff and then doesn't release it. I got into a spat w her in like 2014 when the Froot tracklist came out and INHA wasn't on it LMFAO. Hoping that we see these at some point bc 11 tracks is kinda short :party:

I thought the same thing!

Pink Convertible sounded like the opener to me, and as for Happy Loner, maybe it's the closer or ILYBILMM

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

Omg I just went out to check the mail & I received one of the Purge the Poison postcards! I feel so special x

51116921995_4d09b6dfbc.jpg51116921980_d79b4db0ab.jpg

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

20 minutes ago, caughtuboy said:

Anyone have thoughts on Happy Loner and Pink Convertible, the snippets we already got?

My guess is that, based on the lyrics and titles, Pink Convertible ended up being Ancient Dreams In a Modern Land while Happy Loner ended up being I Love You But I Love Me More. If either of these don't end up on the album in some form I'll be so fkn sad. Happy Loner especially! It sounds so beautiful.

I hate it when she teases new stuff and then doesn't release it. I got into a spat w her in like 2014 when the Froot tracklist came out and INHA wasn't on it LMFAO. Hoping that we see these at some point bc 11 tracks is kinda short :party:

Just would like to point out that she never changes song titles, not that we know of anyways.

31 minutes ago, White Picket Chemtrails said:

Just would like to point out that she never changes song titles, not that we know of anyways.

They basically changed Last Dance to Someone Else's Baby and then to Baby. Also Free Sex was changed to Sex Yeah, When You Take Away Control to Forget and Pamplemousse to Froot :candy:

original.gif

Alright she sang We’re so fucking blind, praying we’ll be fine in Pink Convertible, so it could've been renamed to New America, I Love You But I Love Me More or Goodbye, which are marked as explicit. Fingers crossed, maybe she'll confirm she's renamed those two songs

I love Purge The Poison, such a cute bop. So much better than L+F which was a huge decline in quality and void of any personality whatsoever. She's finally back to her TFJ sound and I'm 100% here for it! The post-chorus is def my favorite part of the song. So many memorable hooks. The lyrics on the verses are kinda horrible though.

But overall, I think this is a step in the right direction. I hope the album won't disappoint.

3 hours ago, xcxc said:

ADIAML.png

This is so much better!!! What is disappointing for me is the fact that in the album artwork Marina looks clearly unedited whereas on the PTP cover she looks almost futuristic and the picture is so polished almost like Hannah Diamond's work with XCX World which is next level and it brings me a feeling of empowerment lol idk 

What if "I Love You But I Love Me More" is about fame/music? And that's why the last track is called goodbye?

She chooses herself, delete all social media, say thank you to the fans and disappear?

4 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

What if "I Love You But I Love Me More" is about fame/music? And that's why the last track is called goodbye?

She chooses herself, delete all social media, say thank you to the fans and disappear?

I'd be devastated, really. Especially that she hasn't been this inspired since FROOT. On the other hand, a politically charged album doesn't give me final record vibes

I just know ILYBILMM is gonna be a confident and empowered banger. Her Aura is coming

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

15 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

She also went through a breakup after releasing the "first single" and like changing a lot of the aesthetics from this era. All of these can be interpreted as commom heartbreak\breakup songs.

She almost quit music after Froot without fanfare and Love+Fear was basically a vanity project of "Well what If I DID a FUCKING POP record??". She sounds actually inspired to be doing all music so... just unlikely I guess. Yeah it's a possibility tho.

1 hour ago, BluebirdXO said:

I was thinking about it. It's either about Jack or music industry and the whole social presence. At this time I don't know if I should be excited about the album or devastated because she's ending her career. But I really hope it isn't going to happen. No one expects her to actually work on something all the time like Lana Del Rey does, but saying goodbye forever is really tragic. Also, she said lately how she enjoyed writing music again and stuff like that, and how she loved being under the MARINA name, feeling freer etc. I really don't know what to think of it all.

original.gif