Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

I honestly always thought that your are only dramatic with Lana when assuming she's quitting music after each album drops, but no you are doing that with every other artist. No one ever said she's quitting music. Goodbye happens to be a good title to end an album with. 

anigif_enhanced-buzz-3260-1375807715-35.

17 minutes ago, picturebook said:

I honestly always thought that your are only dramatic with Lana when assuming she's quitting music after each album drops, but no you are doing that with every other artist. No one ever said she's quitting music. Goodbye happens to be a good title to end an album with. 

go off bestieee

7wWWNZV.jpg

i truly will never understand the hate for the album cover. it's a serve and a HALF. it really is her best cover to date. you can actually see the effort put in. idc idc idc 

y'all are just NEVER happy. :oprah3:

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

6 hours ago, xcxc said:

I've always admired MARINA's art direction because of its coherence so I definitely had to do this edit.

Man-s-World-Fixed.png

Ey8i7edVUAURI4q.jpg:large

Ey0FAAAVgAAtTAw.jpg:large

Any chance you could make a version of the album cover with the white text instead? :party:

1 hour ago, RormanNockwell said:

If the closing track of Lana's album was "Goodbye" this inhabitants of the site would lose their MINDS 

Not really? Lana's known to be making albums all the time. She makes new ones when old ones have barely been released. Marina on the other hand has stated oftentimes how she's dissatisfied* with her career, has been straightforward how fragile her mental health is, how difficult it is to perform certain actions, how she gets tired from touring, how she gets tired from using social media, how difficult it is for her to be criticised by critics/fans, et cetera, et cetera. Anyway let's hope it's not about it at all.

* she considered TFJ to be a failure from a commercial perspective, then she had to scrap Die Life and was pushed to blend all the ideas into one album only (Electra Heart) even though she wanted to make it a separate project, EH didn't make her a popstar either even though she aimed for it, then she made FROOT and was happy about it but it got leaked and her whole idea of Froot of the Month was ruined and then someone in her family had health problems and she had to tour, and then she had problems with her pseudonym, and then L+F happened and she said it was her best while everyone hated it and you know the story

Stream the single 'cus it's amazing!! I prefer Man's World though, the sound was so sweet when I first heard it, also the line "don't wanna live in a man's world anymore" sooo relatable to me I would listen to it over and over.

original.gif

so glad we seem to be getting old Marina back but am I the only one who hates the album cover? :awkney: and it's not just the offcenter Marina logo on it's the placing of everything on it that just looks off and makes it a mess... I dont think her name shouldve been in the middle of the picture and the two fonts kinda clash and she looks kinda stiff in the picture? I dont know what it is but something about the pose looks off to me... she shouldve used the PTP cover art.. the black (leather?) outfit with the black hair made the color scheme even better and more flattering/cohesive and the title being in the white font doesnt compete with the marina logo, mostly I just hate the placing of literally everything in the album cover tbh it looks like it was made in 15 mins

Since all of these have been discarded, here's an unreleased compilation

Ey-bMZVWUAE8jPM?format=jpg&name=medium

MARINA - Demons & Angels

01 Absent Love
02 What I Wanna Do
03 Water Under the Bridge
04 Demons & Angels
05 Holiday
06 The Art of Letting Go
07 Bump In The Night
08 Hold Me
09 Scab & Plaster
10 Please Don't Call Me
11 Cruel Rule
12 If It's Worth It
13  There's Nothing Wrong With You

https://dbree.org/v/78cf49

I like the song but the lyrics are too on the nose. I don't think she changed, this is the same girl who wrote Hollywood back then, but I wish she wasn't such a SJW for a minute. Sorry! Love her tho! And love her energy and beautiful hair! 

I think the SJW energy is done far better than any other artist I can think of rn. And I'm glad she chooses to express it in her music rather than posting statuses on social media that she thinks will sound woke but just sound completely problematic. Marina holds herself well and I'm glad she isn't censoring herself. 

I really admire her for that. She gives me Shirley Manson (from Garbage) energy sometimes! 

5 minutes ago, Ultra Violet said:

I think the SJW energy is done far better than any other artist I can think of rn. And I'm glad she chooses to express it in her music rather than posting statuses on social media that she thinks will sound woke but just sound completely problematic. Marina holds herself well and I'm glad she isn't censoring herself. 

I really admire her for that. She gives me Shirley Manson (from Garbage) energy sometimes! 

you’re fxcking kidding, right?

:toofloppy:

she posts stuff ALL the damn time. there’s no good way to do it, at all. she’s at the point where she’s almost embarrassing herself now. LA got her good.

7 minutes ago, Life said:

you’re fxcking kidding, right?

:toofloppy:

she posts stuff ALL the damn time. there’s no good way to do it, at all. she’s at the point where she’s almost embarrassing herself now. LA got her good.

Are you talking about Lana or marina? 

And no I'm not kidding, I guess I just never notice. 

"There's no good way to do it"? I guess people should never ever talk about what's wrong in the world then. Got it!

Edit: maybe I just never notice cause it doesn't get the attention that Lana gets when she tries to do that. But anyway I truly think that as long as your sjw actions are selfless and not just virtue-signalling or trying to prove you're not xyz, then it's fine. I think Marina is doing good and I'm glad she's singing about it.