Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

thus far i am absolutely loving the music and visuals, it feels like it takes bits and pieces of her first three albums to create something new and it just feels so...marina

dont mean to get personal on the music forums but i havent felt like this for a while about an artist's new music release, its not the same as it used to be in middle and high school but, its nice to feel excitement for something again instead of going through life without anything to look forward to, which in turn causes other issues of not wanting to exist or whatever. even if its just temporary its a nice feeling.

obviously marina (and other artists) dont owe me anything, but i really do appreciate the fact they share their work for us to enjoy, analyze, and connect to.

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

Just comparing her songs that are more worldly or sjw- I actually don't even like all of them. The only ones I consider anthem-worthy are Savages and Man's World because the lyrics really could be timeless unlike the others. 

I never liked To Be Human, don't know if that's an unpopular opinion or not. And while I like this Purge The Poison right now, there's no way I'm listening to it in 5 months. 

But I'm still glad all of them were made. I'm just happy to know they exist, even when I skip them :oic2: 

Sometimes I do wish she didn't make so many of them singles tho, but she does what she does and she definitely does it well. 

I'm OBSESSED with the album cover and really hopeful for a solid set of 10 tracks. My only complaint (not even though) is that the PTP single cover kinda ate the album cover right up. They're both amazing but I sooo much prefer the PTP single cover. But I'm so glad my sis is back and SERVING.... the in your face sociopolitical lyrics work so much better than songs like To Be Human (in my opinion :D)

And also.. that ALBUM TITLE OMGGGG! I'm so obsessed. It's giving camp.

the song is cute but kinda cringey lyrically tbh mans world is wayyyy better :ohmy:

200.gif

𝘪 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘫𝘦𝘴𝘶𝘴

5 hours ago, Ultra Violet said:

I think the SJW energy is done far better than any other artist I can think of rn. And I'm glad she chooses to express it in her music rather than posting statuses on social media that she thinks will sound woke but just sound completely problematic.

Her social media posts tend to be highly embarassing though :bebe:

But whatever, I'm really hyped for this release. She'll serve some interesting, quirky pop music again after all that washed down bs from L+F.
I LOVE the album cover, it's giving me a "FROOT meets StarTrek"-vibe haha. Purge The Poison is a grower, although I think that Men's World is superior. Super excited to hear Pandora's Box and Venus Flytrap. I actually ordered the Flytrap-green cassette -it's the first time I EVER ordered a cassette (cause they are pretty useless) but this album's visuals and sound go along so well with it

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

57 minutes ago, xlanax said:

Idk i really like that she's coming back to form and what im going it's mostly not her fault but my perception but she really gives me TERF vibes sometimes...

I LITERALLY SAID THIS

and i got attacked so much for it :rip:

but yeah i don't think she's a terf cause she included a non binary person in man's world video and she posted this on her ig

13 minutes ago, Charlottexseax said:

I LITERALLY SAID THIS

and i got attacked so much for it :rip:

but yeah i don't think she's a terf cause she included a non binary person in man's world video and she posted this on her ig

She's definitely not a terf. Seeing her retweet stuff about trans rights and prejudice came as a relief :hooker:

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

4 minutes ago, HyperVelvet said:

As long as she keeps Happy Loner snippet on her ig, there will be hope :sluttybunny:

Ma’am, the snippet she teased from I’m Not Hungry Anymore back in 2014 is still up on her insta :hillary:

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

2 hours ago, Thunder Corpse said:

Her social media posts tend to be highly embarassing though :bebe:

But whatever, I'm really hyped for this release. She'll serve some interesting, quirky pop music again after all that washed down bs from L+F.
I LOVE the album cover, it's giving me a "FROOT meets StarTrek"-vibe haha. Purge The Poison is a grower, although I think that Men's World is superior. Super excited to hear Pandora's Box and Venus Flytrap. I actually ordered the Flytrap-green cassette -it's the first time I EVER ordered a cassette (cause they are pretty useless) but this album's visuals and sound go along so well with it

Can someone actually update me? I haven't seen anything embarrassing or problematic on her social media. I'm not accusing you specifically but it sounds to me like people just find any mention of social justice 'embarassing' because they don't like to think about it, not because the person sharing it is making it look bad :isee:

I love that (bolded). I think she's blended everything from all 4 eras together with these first 2 songs. Hope it continues! 

47 minutes ago, Ultra Violet said:

Can someone actually update me? I haven't seen anything embarrassing or problematic on her social media. I'm not accusing you specifically but it sounds to me like people just find any mention of social justice 'embarassing' because they don't like to think about it, not because the person sharing it is making it look bad :isee:

I love that (bolded). I think she's blended everything from all 4 eras together with these first 2 songs. Hope it continues! 

It's nothing "problematic" as far as I remember. But her takes on mental health, anti-capitalism etc. tend to be worde in such a dramatic way that are located somewhere between "woke rich white macha mom" and "pretentious 14yo tumblr teen". It's not the essence of her messages, it's the "I'm so holy and wise" way they tend to come off.

Absolutely! I love the visuals and I really love how there are peaks of her previous works in all of this.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!