Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

2 hours ago, Ultra Violet said:

Can someone actually update me? I haven't seen anything embarrassing or problematic on her social media. I'm not accusing you specifically but it sounds to me like people just find any mention of social justice 'embarassing' because they don't like to think about it, not because the person sharing it is making it look bad :isee:

I love that (bolded). I think she's blended everything from all 4 eras together with these first 2 songs. Hope it continues! 

I only remember her tweet "You have to be mentally ill to be a cop" during the blm protests. But I haven't been following her closely, so I don't know if there is more.

9 hours ago, Ultra Violet said:

Are you talking about Lana or marina? 

And no I'm not kidding, I guess I just never notice. 

"There's no good way to do it"? I guess people should never ever talk about what's wrong in the world then. Got it!

Edit: maybe I just never notice cause it doesn't get the attention that Lana gets when she tries to do that. But anyway I truly think that as long as your sjw actions are selfless and not just virtue-signalling or trying to prove you're not xyz, then it's fine. I think Marina is doing good and I'm glad she's singing about it.  

there’s a difference between talking about “what’s wrong” and then then there’s SJW’s. there’s good and there’s bad SJW’s, in that there’s people that genuinely care about the causes they post about and contribute to help make those issue better. And then there’s the other SJW’s, which Marina is rapidly becoming. The type that will post whatever shit they can find, are overly “woke”, but will do nothing to aid the causes they’re speaking off and try and make themselves appear like they’re educated on the topic they’re ranting about when they’ve watched a video of one person getting wound on some news programme and being extremely controversial. the kind that does it just to appear like they’re righteous and on the “right side” - that’s what the lyrics of Purge give me. It’s nothing but typical shallow white girl LA vibes, there’s absolutely zero depths and zero imagination to it - it’s literally like she’s read some shallow Insta or Twitter post about toxic masculinity and copy and posted the words.

I don't know what you expect from her sometimes, it's not like she's gonna write a long political paragraph, it's just a rhymed song. And Marina unfortunately is not a poet, so she just puts all the thoughts rather randomly, the same way she did with Teen Idle which is a fan favourite.

original.gif

2 hours ago, Ultra Violet said:

Can someone actually update me? I haven't seen anything embarrassing or problematic on her social media. I'm not accusing you specifically but it sounds to me like people just find any mention of social justice 'embarassing' because they don't like to think about it

I think these are her most ''embarrassing'' moments:toofunny: Still love her tho!

fb5f8f4f977092fdc5dce2ddd5c6cf94dcd08812

I've always heard "centuries of gold, now you just call me a bitch" and not "centuries ago" in MW and my dumb ass thought it was so deep and powerful and regal :defeated: But the real lyrics are super cool as well tbh, funny rereading the first page of this thread with people calling EH lyrics stupid

ZKcaooE.png

55 minutes ago, 5adboy said:

I think these are her most ''embarrassing'' moments:toofunny: Still love her tho!

1st one is funny
2nd is just... okay marina... just embarrassing... but i sometimes can get her because internet trolls might be exhausting, and in her point of view it seems like she had enough of them.
3rd is the MOST embarrassing thing... like... no words love. she's such a passive aggressive. i can't stand her.
4th, i understand what she means but that's worded sooooooooo wrongly.

this is marina:
Resim  

1 hour ago, 5adboy said:

The Nicki Minaj and Charli are ICONIC moments in Marina’s career they are the farthest thing from cringe

the one about being a millionaire is bad but it’s not “woke” or “SJW” it’s just dumb her bragging and what’s wrong with that???

the mentally ill one is bad but we all know what she meant let’s not pretend she was saying some out of this world shit

Like these are MASSIVE reaches 

What I appreciate of PTP's lyrics is that Marina is being shameless and raw again even though she's being corny or annoying or wrong. I know this sounds weird but I missed her idgaf, sassy, confident and tight personality she had in 2007-2011. It's like TFJ's Marina is back and I'm so happy 

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

34 minutes ago, partymonster said:

idk if anyone mentioned this but i'm pretty sure she deleted the happy loner snippet from her ig (or i'm blind) so i don't think it's coming :flop:

pls it feels like she WANTS another INHA so she can stay revelent in the cult behavior community ?

xMcVPI7.jpg

5 hours ago, Charlottexseax said:

The Nicki Minaj and Charli are ICONIC moments in Marina’s career they are the farthest thing from cringe

the one about being a millionaire is bad but it’s not “woke” or “SJW” it’s just dumb her bragging and what’s wrong with that???

the mentally ill one is bad but we all know what she meant let’s not pretend she was saying some out of this world shit

Like these are MASSIVE reaches 

HAHAHAHAHAHAH HILARIOUS 

"you have to be mentally ill to be a cop" OMFG MOOD. :eartha:

8 hours ago, Thunder Corpse said:

It's nothing "problematic" as far as I remember. But her takes on mental health, anti-capitalism etc. tend to be worde in such a dramatic way that are located somewhere between "woke rich white macha mom" and "pretentious 14yo tumblr teen". It's not the essence of her messages, it's the "I'm so holy and wise" way they tend to come off.

6 hours ago, 5adboy said:

Ah okay, are these on her stories? I'll have to keep an eye out. 

Sorry the quoting got messed up, okay she's a bit embarrassing but it's only the cops one that is terrible sjw and actually completely wrong. I wonder if she ever responded to the imagery one tho lol.

7 hours ago, COCC said:

I only remember her tweet "You have to be mentally ill to be a cop" during the blm protests. But I haven't been following her closely, so I don't know if there is more.

I remember that now and I actually think I unfollowed her at that point! 

7 hours ago, Life said:

there’s a difference between talking about “what’s wrong” and then then there’s SJW’s. there’s good and there’s bad SJW’s, in that there’s people that genuinely care about the causes they post about and contribute to help make those issue better. And then there’s the other SJW’s, which Marina is rapidly becoming. The type that will post whatever shit they can find, are overly “woke”, but will do nothing to aid the causes they’re speaking off and try and make themselves appear like they’re educated on the topic they’re ranting about when they’ve watched a video of one person getting wound on some news programme and being extremely controversial. the kind that does it just to appear like they’re righteous and on the “right side” - that’s what the lyrics of Purge give me. It’s nothing but typical shallow white girl LA vibes, there’s absolutely zero depths and zero imagination to it - it’s literally like she’s read some shallow Insta or Twitter post about toxic masculinity and copy and posted the words.

I get what you're saying. To me it sounds like you think she's just being messy and that can definitely be problematic to social justice movements. My problem was just that you said there's no right way to do it, at all, when there absolutely is. Sometimes that attitude makes me think that someone is trying to discredit all sjw work just because some people are messy about it.

I critique people's sjw actions all the time because I am one, but I just can't be bothered about it with Marina because so far I think she's helping more than hindering the movements. 

6 hours ago, AKASAKA SAWAYAMA said:

i understand what she means but that's worded sooooooooo wrongly.  

Marina's lyricism be like: 

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup: