Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

6 minutes ago, Ultra Violet said:

I get what you're saying. To me it sounds like you think she's just being messy and that can definitely be problematic to social justice movements. My problem was just that you said there's no right way to do it, at all, when there absolutely is. Sometimes that attitude makes me think that someone is trying to discredit all sjw work just because some people are messy about it.

I critique people's sjw actions all the time because I am one, but I just can't be bothered about it with Marina because so far I think she's helping more than hindering the movements. 

maybe i should have phrased it better - there's no right way of doing it being *that* woke. it's just totally cringe and it's such a turn off.

5 hours ago, annedauphine said:

I've always heard "centuries of gold, now you just call me a bitch" and not "centuries ago" in MW and my dumb ass thought it was so deep and powerful and regal :defeated: But the real lyrics are super cool as well tbh, funny rereading the first page of this thread with people calling EH lyrics stupid

Isn't it "centuries have gone"?

Vinyl update - 

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

GLOW IN THE DARK???

Really hoping it's not too expensive, I need that :trisha:

imageproxy.jpg

10 minutes ago, Yosemite said:

Glow in the dark sounds great- if done properly tho or else sound quality can be shitty 

I’ve yet to experience a GitD vinyl that didn’t have constant surface noise:/ my Billie Eilish one sounds so bad, I was so sad. Got it on steep discount at Target but It’s so loud you can hear it throughout the entire listen almost like tv static. Can only imagine what they sound like on those portable players. Hopefully she releases a standard black because I’d rather buy that, and I almost never buy standard black vinyl lol. I’m also assuming we’ll get a PtP vinyl single with a remix and another zine, hopefully she does another fun color for that that stays true to the sample artwork :hooker:

22 hours ago, RormanNockwell said:

If the closing track of Lana's album was "Goodbye" the inhabitants of the site would lose their MINDS 

I feel like people had this thought with Swan Song when HM came out, and she's given us 3 albums since then so I can't say I'm super worried about Marina leaving music yet!

giphy.gif

honestly i listened to purge the poison and it's SO much better than that boring Love and fear or whatever album

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Just now, HydroponicWeeds said:

honestly i listened to purge the poison and it's SO much better than that boring Love and fear or whatever album

The power this new era has. 2 singles are so much better than Laxative+Fugly :wub:

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif