Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

TFJ:

- Oh No!

- Hollywood

- Mowgli's Road (love its theatricality and weirdness, but it took me a while to get into)

Electra Heart:

- Sex Yeah

- Living Dead

- ... Well here I can't make a decision really. Obviously not any of the Dr. Luke tracks (HTBAH is basically Homewrecker 2.0 and Lies is Starring Role 2.0); for the bangers I much prefer Power & Control, Homewrecker and Bubblegum Bitch made by Kurstin and Nowels (love you papas), and for the ballads, both Valley of the Dolls and Starring Role are perfect (Teen Idle probably gets exhausting after all this time spent on Tumblr). Also Radioactive and Starring Role in acoustic versions are incredible, highly recommend.

FROOT:

- Froot

- Immortal

- Happy / I'm a Ruin

Love + Fear:

- Handmade Heaven

- End of the Earth

- Superstar probably, because I used to find it quite catchy, although I understand the production is rather cheap. If not this, then Believe in Love or Emotional Machine.

I wonder how it'll go with Ancient Dreams!

original.gif

Pre-TFJ

- Starlight

- Happy Meal

- Pancake Karma

TFJ

- Mowgli’s Road

- Hermit the Frog

- Oh No!

EH

- Radioactive

- Buy The Stars

- Starring Role

FROOT

- Froot

- Immortal

- I’m a Ruin

L+F

- Soft to be Strong

- To Be Human

Outtakes

- Scab & Plaster

- True Colours

- Miss Y.

TFJ

Rootless

Oh No!

Seventeen

EH

Lies

Power & Control

Teen Idle

Froot

Happy

Immortal

Savages

L+F

Handmade Heaven

Superstar

Lana Del Rey Ultraviolence GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

my top three

The Family Jewels

Shampain

Hollywood

The Family Jewels

Electra Heart

Bubblegum Bitch

Valley of the Dolls

Lonely Hearts Club

FROOT

Froot

Forget

Can't Pin Me Down

LOVE + FEAR

Handmade Heaven

Believe In Love

Soft To Be Strong

negAbhB.png

TFJ:

Girls

Obsessions

Hermit The Frog

EH:

Bubblegum Bitch

Lonely Hearts Club

Buy The Stars

FROOT:

FROOT

Blue

Solitaire

L+F:

Handmade Heaven

EOTE

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

13 hours ago, Charlottexseax said:

You realize that L+F was actually all co written? 

Also it’s incredibly disingenuous to imply that L+F was bad because she didn’t have help, because we KNOW that Marina on her own can make amazing songs, TFJ, FROOT, all her early demos... like those are amazing

I'm not implying L+F was bad because she didn't have help. What I was trying to say is that if we're gonna compare albums with her new songs, then we shouldn't be using EH. It's very unfair when with EH she had plenty of help and many co-writers compared to her new stuff where she tries to do everything mostly herself. 

If we wanna compare her new songs with anything, it should be with FROOT imo. FROOT as an album was great, but she still has songs there that are just like PTP, all in your face and blunt. Some examples: Can't Pin Me Down and Savages. 

ddbf9f67d5d606fd309eba5825b44324b0a60919

God's dead, I said, "Baby, that's alright with me"

29 minutes ago, Bloody Valentine said:

I'm not implying L+F was bad because she didn't have help. What I was trying to say is that if we're gonna compare albums with her new songs, then we shouldn't be using EH. It's very unfair when with EH she had plenty of help and many co-writers compared to her new stuff where she tries to do everything mostly herself. 

If we wanna compare her new songs with anything, it should be with FROOT imo. FROOT as an album was great, but she still has songs there that are just like PTP, all in your face and blunt. Some examples: Can't Pin Me Down and Savages. 

Yeah but what I’m saying is Marina doing things by herself doesn’t equal bad... FROOT and TFJ are just as good if not better than EH on many aspects (definitely lyrically)

I agree that Savages is very close to PTP and in fact I don’t have any issues with it aside from some one liners that I think could have been worded better (although Savages is much better IMO) 

The more i examine all the lyrical tidbits weve recieved this era, the more i feel shes  releasing these "super blatant" songs as singles so people know right off the bat what the theme of the album is. I cant help but feel the songs we have yet to hear and wont be singles are going to be more refined and subjective.

9 minutes ago, mansfield ringer said:

The more i examine all the lyrical tidbits weve recieved this era, the more i feel shes  releasing these "super blatant" songs as singles so people know right off the bat what the theme of the album is. I cant help but feel the songs we have yet to hear and wont be singles are going to be more refined and subjective.

i hope so!! 

cause mans world and ptp are way too much on the nose and explicit in their meaning and I hope she has some more subtle songs in there too 

2 minutes ago, Charlottexseax said:

i hope so!! 

cause mans world and ptp are way too much on the nose and explicit in their meaning and I hope she has some more subtle songs in there too 

Just comparing the *pink convertIble lyrics to PTP, theres such a difference in maturity almost. She seems like shes in her own shoes in the former whereas she has stated shes writing from "mother earth's perspective" in the latter.