Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

Fuck EH has been a little too relatable these days for meย 

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

5 minutes ago, Lonely Planet said:

She should have just dropped the album a week or two after Purge the Poison release. Unless sheโ€™s gonna drop another single before, I donโ€™t see either of these singles getting anymoreย attention.

ย 

isn't she? it would make no sense to release an album out of the blue without another single

ย 

dua lipa had a great rollout schedule

1. A single out in november
  2. A single out in february
  3. a single out in march AND the album out a week later (she moved up the release of a week but still)

ย 

if marina had followed the same schedule she would've already released the album two weeks ago

ย 

i think marinaย isn't interested in a good rollout schedule and she just wants to put out her music on her own terms, which is fine its just a bit mehย 

15 hours ago, Life said:

what is all this dipshit fan-fiction about their friendship again.

:rollin:

who cares. move on.

ย 

https://www.wattpad.com/story/9458400-give-me-love-marina-diamandis-and-lana-del-rey-a

ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย  Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย  gZ0f.gif

ย 

I've just remembered how y'all hated FROOT for weak lyrics, especially Forget andย Weeds. Those were times. And now it is a favourite album of so many. LOL.

original.gif

33 minutes ago, vrtvie said:

I've just remembered how y'all hated FROOT for weak lyrics, especially Forget andย Weeds. Those were times. And now it is a favourite album of so many. LOL.

Haha the Forget slander was so one-track minded, like "ew, the chorus focusses on one word, so the lyrics have to be WEAK!"
As if the verses and bridge wouldn't be well-crafted and almost "overloaded" with words.
A simple chorus to contrast them works much better than another wordy chorus. Plus, the way she repeats "Forget" kind of like a mantra makes so much sense with the lyrics.

The same people could not grasp the concept that the line "You can do better than that" was not sung towards Ellie, but the man she had sex with - even though Marina obviousy addressed him during the lyrics and only talked about Ellie in third person for the entirety of the song.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

17 hours ago, AKASAKA SAWAYAMA said:

both lana and marina are insufferable that's why their friendship ended:hooker:

Marina didn't like the Questioning of the Culture letter which is why that friendship ended. She unfollowed Lana everywhere as soon as Lana posted that. Sad because they looked like they got on well.

ย 

4 hours ago, Thunder Corpse said:

The obviously will be another single at some point in late May. She's not Lona, she'll stick to a somewhat conventional schedule.ย  I really hope it'll be Venus Fly Trap

Yeah, she also teased something w/ a blonde wig so...ย 

Really liked Venus Fly Trapย 

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

i still wonder what the Electra Heart-esque outfit and the blonde wig was for, as it obviously wasn't for Purge the Poison or the album shoot... maybe it's for the next single

lABVyGE.png

25 minutes ago, Sucker said:

i still wonder what the Electra Heart-esque outfit and the blonde wig was for, as it obviously wasn't for Purge the Poison or the album shoot... maybe it's for the next single

ย 

Imagine the Electra revival for the next single music video, the entire fanbase will lose their shit, she knows we adore that character.

Hikaru Utadaย โ€ข BANKSย โ€ข Rina Sawayamaย โ€ข Aly & AJย โ€ข MARINAย โ€ข Bjรถrkย โ€ข Kate Bushย โ€ข Marion Ravnย โ€ข Carly Rae Jepsenย โ€ข
Hilary Duffย โ€ข Charli XCXย โ€ข The Cardigansย โ€ข Mitskiย โ€ข Phoebe Bridgersย โ€ข Allie Xย โ€ข Caroline Polachekย โ€ข Meg & Dia โ€ขย Dia Framptonย โ€ข Olivia Lufkinย โ€ขย Poppyย โ€ข Grimesย โ€ข Melanie Martinezย โ€ข Lana Del Reyย โ€ข Bat for Lashesย โ€ข Ayumi Hamasakiย ย โ€ข Paramore โ€ข Hayley Williamsย โ€ขย Evanescence/Amy Leeย โ€ข ACOย โ€ข LIGHTSย โ€ข Alexz Johnsonย โ€ข Avril Lavigneย โ€ข Florrieย โ€ข Flyleaf/Lacey Sturmย โ€ข Tove Loย โ€ข Sky Ferreira โ€ข HANAย โ€ข Daineย โ€ข Foxesย โ€ข CHVRCHESย โ€ข Lorde

Yeah I'm sure VFT will be the next single. I'm really excited for itย 

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"ย ย :makeup:

4 hours ago, Shanice Jones said:

I just wanna know if PC and HL were renamed or scrapped so I can rest in peace

I have aย feeling one of them was renamed and the other one was scrapped.

Even though she seemed excited abt Pink Convertible, I think it was scrapped, beingย Happy Loner renamed intoย I Love You But I Love Me More. (again, just me guessing)

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

On 4/22/2021 at 12:56 PM, Shanice Jones said:

I just wanna know if PC and HL were renamed or scrapped so I can rest in peace

Idk about Pink Convertible, but Iโ€™m assuming happy loner is still on the album - technically we donโ€™t even know if happy loner was the title, just the lyric she decided to caption the snippet.ย