Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

7 minutes ago, brandon said:

Idk about Pink Convertible, but I’m assuming happy loner is still on the album - technically we don’t even know if happy loner was the title, just the lyric she decided to caption the snippet. 

Yeah, it would be cool if, in the end, Happy Loner was always I Love You But I Love Me More and we just didn't know the title.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

3 minutes ago, jvcx said:

what's the best quality we have I'm Not Hungry Anymore in :creep:

320??? but it still sounds weird cause it’s a stem edit basically 

On 4/19/2021 at 12:22 PM, White Picket Chemtrails said:

Because only deluded fans stuck in 2015 think the two new songs are bad. Sure she could improve some lines but she writes everything by herself with no input and she is obviously intending it to be very on-the-nose. These are not the first set of songs she has written so of course it's her aim to make it very direct and therefore make you feel uncomfortable such as the Britney or Harvey Weinstein lines.

I’m sorry but who is uncomfortable reading those lines ??

4 hours ago, Charlottexseax said:

I’m sorry but who is uncomfortable reading those lines ??

What I mean by uncomfortable is awareness instead of passively listening to what probably could have been some vague reference. It immediately grabs your attention doesn't it? Sure it's not the best songwriting and it's a bit "headline copy paste"-y but it gets the job done as a general social commentary in an accessible pop track. Again, she intends it to be on the nose, if the expectations of fans are something else then that's on them.

4 minutes ago, White Picket Chemtrails said:

What I mean by uncomfortable is awareness instead of passively listening to what probably could have been some vague reference. It immediately grabs your attention doesn't it? Sure it's not the best songwriting and it's a bit "headline copy paste"-y but it gets the job done as a general social commentary in an accessible pop track. Again, she intends it to be on the nose, if the expectations of fans are something else then that's on them.

Ok I kinda agree with that, I’m sure she *wanted* to be on the nose, at least to a certain degree, but with as little fan base as she has and with her fans being (almost) exclusively lgbtq+ people and straight women I think it’s unnecessary to be so “bold” cause it’s something that we all either know or are aware about

What I’m trying to say is her “message” is not gonna reach that far beyond us and the way her fanbase is set up it’s something that we likely already know and it’s not gonna be as much powerful

i don’t know if it makes sense

Valley of the Dolls is such a beautiful ballad. No wonder it's so hard to get into any of the L+F piano crap. This one is exceptionally powerful... Probably my favourite ballad from the entire repertoire of Marina's. Diamandis and Nowels created masterpiece.

original.gif

how do you guys organize Marina's music in your libraries? 

like do you file L+F & the new stuff under "& the Diamonds" or just "MARINA" ???

it just seems kind of stupid to have 2 separate artist names for the same artist... 

14417469274.gif

4 minutes ago, Hundred Dollar Bill said:

like do you file L+F & the new stuff under "& the Diamonds" or just "MARINA" ???

it just seems kind of stupid to have 2 separate artist names for the same artist... 

once she dropped 'and the diamonds' i changed every tag to 'marina' so my last.fm isn't fucked up

56 minutes ago, Hundred Dollar Bill said:

I have the old stuff as “and the diamonds” and the new stuff just as “marina” cause honestly her newer stuff is nowhere near the quality of the first 3 records...

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

13 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

You’re not a real Marina fan if you don’t have sex to SuperStar :makeup2: just saying.

no its cause i have ears 

I havent been a long Marina fan, but I feel confident in saying that I really don't see why so many of yall are unhappy with her more recent works. From what I've heard, it's not lost any quality, it's evolved with her in such a cool way.:bye3:

2 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

It’s certainly not her best work but Love+Fear does have handmade heaven which is one of her best lead singles.

I mean if we take all her lead singles:

Obsessions

Radioactive

Froot

HH

Man’s World

I personally rank them like this

1. Froot

2. Radioactive

3. Obsessions

4. Man’s World

5. HH